Air Acceleration

[Open Assets] Air Acceleration 1.2.4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

romoney5

romoney5 submitted a new resource:

Air Acceleration - Simple acceleration mod (that SRB2 should've already had)

Air Acceleration, as the name suggests, increases your acceleration in the air so it matches that of when you are on the ground!

View attachment 137954

It makes navigating through tight spaces less of a hassle, especially when going fast.
This also makes Metal Sonic more fun to play since his hover ability turns faster.

View attachment 137955

For server owners, this comes with a command called airacceleration_amount to adjust how strong the effect...

Read more about this resource...

So, Classic Based Physics++ tries to recreate the higher acceleration in the air by using P_Thrust when you're not on the ground and you're holding a direction. The non++ version should be more compatible with this mod.

There are some levels(Like the OLDC's where it messes up and gives you TOO MUCH control) I saw this happen in the OLDC 4 a couple of times.

romoney5 updated Air Acceleration with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.1

Thanks for trying Air Acceleration! I made a small patch update related to the commands.

airacceleration_amount has been split into 2:
  • The original command is now airacceleration_max_amount, which sets the max value that players can set their personal value to, if you are a server admin. The default is 65536, but you can disable the limit by making it -1. I would not recommend that though.
  • airacceleration_amount now sets your personal value, which saves between play sessions...

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

There are some levels(Like the OLDC's where it messes up and gives you TOO MUCH control) I saw this happen in the OLDC 4 a couple of times.
You can try disabling or toning down the value if it gets tricky.
Also I posted the update right before seeing your comment, sorry..

First of all, thanks for this! this script has good potential. but seems like only works good in single player. when you use it online, even in my own pc it resynchs. Hope there's a fix for this, no rush ^^

Last edited:
I will look into that tomorrow, since it's late for me.

Also I'm glad to know I'm not the only Linux Mint user in the community!

In 2D mode, using this mod plus Momentum Mod, for some reason, your speed will be skyrocketed while just running.
Idk it is possible to fix or not, but atleast I wanna to mention it

In the level Sakura Solstice your speed is at max in terms of control, I'm sure it's a bug.

But seriously, just to get off topic I really think SRB2 as a game should have made an small update for the current movement before they start making the physics update 2.3. You're mod is living proof that while some people want running momentum or not we could all agree that the jump stiff-ness is terrible.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back