Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

do you mean adventure sonic? because adventure sonic has his own custom physics

the vanilla characters DO technically have slope physics but the speed cap means it wont really do anything unless you roll
Sa-Sonic...His speed cap when running down hills (not Spinning) seems to be his normal top speed. In other words he doesn't seem to pick up speed when going down hills like he used to not without doing a quick spin.

ok yeah i think thats the case

he can break his normal speed cap in some circumstances (like spindashing or very steep hills) but he will slow back down
and most slopes arent steep enough to give him the acceleration needed to cause that

although the lack of speed gain while running down most hills isnt a big deal cause you can just roll

Thunder, rain and lightning
Danger, water rising
Clamor, sirens wailing
It's such a bad sign

Shadows of dark creatures
Steel clouds floating in the air
People run for shelter
What's gonna happen to us?

All the steps we take, all the moves we make
All the pain at stake
I see the chaos for everyone
Who are we? What can we do?
You and I are same in the way that

We have our own styles that we won't change
Yours is filled with evil and mine's not
There is no way I can lose

Can't hold on much longer
(But I will never let go!)
I know it's a one-way track
(Tell me now how long this'll last!)
I'm not gonna think this way
(Nor will I count on others!)
Close my eyes and feel it burn
(Now I see what I've gotta do!)3

Open your heart, it's gonna be alright!

Ancient cities blazing
Shadows keep attacking
Little children crying
Confusion, hopeless anger

I don't know what it can be
But you drive me crazy
All your cunning tricks make me sick
You won't have it your own way

(Now I see what I've gotta do!)

Open your heart, and you will see!

All right
Yeah

If it won't stop
There will be no future for us
Its heart's tied down by
All the hate, gotta set it free!

I know it's one-way track

Gotta open your heart, dude!

Open your heart, it's gonna be alright!

Yeah!
Open your heart!
Yeah!
Open your heart!

No. at least not that i think there is. The only options relating to SA1 would be the jumping sprites and color palette but other than that, no.
I saw that Peppermint dreamcast sonic model utilizes sa1 running animation, so i tried to combine them together but it seems that this addon's animations overwrite Peppermint's. Is there a way to change this?

I saw that Peppermint dreamcast sonic model utilizes sa1 running animation, so i tried to combine them together but it seems that this addon's animations overwrite Peppermint's. Is there a way to change this?
I'm confused. What do you mean by you tried combining them together?

I'm confused. What do you mean by you tried combining them together?
I put the Peppermint sa1 model files in models/vdlc/play+ then i open models.dat, search ADVENTURESONIC VDLC/PLAY+/SASONIC.md3 3.0 0.0 and replace it with ADVENTURESONIC VDLC/PLAY+/SA1SONIC.md3 5.4 0.0 (that's the name of Peppermint sa1 model), then i put the adventure addon in the addons folder and lastly select it in game

it replaced the model but not the animations and i don't know why.

This could be a model bug involving the folder you're meant to install it in or a models.dat situation. If the model you want to see in game isn't working and the file it was in has a different name, let's say "PEPPERMODELS". You want to put the file that has the models into the main srb2 models folder like how you did the VDLC. You don't need to move any model files since it will already be there in the model folder. Then you open the text document containing the character, open the read me and you should see the name of the character you want. let's say "ADVENTURESONIC PEPPERMODELS/SASONIC.md3 2.6 0.0" copy the text, then go to the main models.dat and paste the character md3.

In a summary, move the model folder into the main models folder, open the text document that came with it. copy the text of the character and paste into the main model.dat

This could be a model bug involving the folder you're meant to install it in or a models.dat situation. If the model you want to see in game isn't working and the file it was in has a different name, let's say "PEPPERMODELS". You want to put the file that has the models into the main srb2 models folder like how you did the VDLC. You don't need to move any model files since it will already be there in the model folder. Then you open the text document containing the character, open the read me and you should see the name of the character you want. let's say "ADVENTURESONIC PEPPERMODELS/SASONIC.md3 2.6 0.0" copy the text, then go to the main models.dat and paste the character md3.

In a summary, move the model folder into the main models folder, open the text document that came with it. copy the text of the character and paste into the main model.dat
Turns out that Peppermint changed the animation, i downloaded an old Version of the model and it works now, sorry for bothering you.

Does Sonic have momentum when going down hills for any of y'all?
Good point, actually. Yeah, that did break.

The intended behavior is that unlike vanilla characters, SA-Sonic gains some speed when going down hills, just not as much as vanilla characters. That was requested by Metalwario since Adventure acts like that.

Something about slope friction changed in recent SRB2 updates, so SA-Sonic now acts like Vanilla characters where downward slopes only affect acceleration. (unless he spins)

Spinning is ideal anyway, but I'll keep it on the to-do list for a distant future v1.7. So far, I'm mostly wary of UDMF-related sector and map issues. We might find alot of those when the next OLDC comes out...

Loading XMomentum alongside seems to somewhat "fix" the running physics weirdness which is interesting because I'm not sure they're supposed to be interoperable,

There's gonna be a Heroes game flair and SA2 Lightdash in the next update. Change my mind.
Golden Shine has said multiple times that the SA2 lightdash will not be implemented due to various reasons, including balancing and ability conflicts. The lightdash charge in this mod is already way faster than in SA1 since when you jump out of a spindash once the max charged up speed is reached (when the little circle particle around Sonic shows up) the lightdash will be instantly charged.

no idea about a Heroes flair though, wait for him to say something idk
Post automatically merged:

Loading XMomentum alongside seems to somewhat "fix" the running physics weirdness which is interesting because I'm not sure they're supposed to be interoperable,
they actually do have intended compatibility with each other.

Golden Shine has said multiple times that the SA2 lightdash will not be implemented due to various reasons, including balancing and ability conflicts. The lightdash charge in this mod is already way faster than in SA1 since when you jump out of a spindash once the max charged up speed is reached (when the little circle particle around Sonic shows up) the lightdash will be instantly charged.

no idea about a Heroes flair though, wait for him to say something idk
Post automatically merged:

they actually do have intended compatibility with each other.
Oh. touche.....

srb20001.gif

Guys, guys, look! The SA2 is real! (made possible with Rail Grinding) (I didnt actually edit the adventure sonic pk3, i just edited the rail grinding mod which is reusable to make it so only adventure sonic can use the ability, and to use his GRND sprites.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back