• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't wanna beta test, all people want are the mod early lol :worry::threat:.
Also, here's some reference for SA-Super Sonic if you need it :)
1632222069924.png

1632222083483.png

Im also going to answer the questions for beta test because I'm bored
I think my PC's decent.
Good internet
Im from the PH
Never played Adventure 1/2
Kinda good at SRB2
I've modded before

P.S: This is lookin' good guys! Including the abilities and the bounce attack!
Question: Are you going to add the Light-speed dash?

But tell me more than just "I wanna test!".
Oh, very sorry of that, i will now give some more information on what i would do on beta testing. So, due to the many unknown reasons, bugs may occur, but if not, then there's probably no reason to test, not that I'm trying to sound like I'm begging for it kindly or sounding like an animal, but to keep those other people from getting their hands on it. like the leakers with SMSUnleashed20. So I'll be worthy of testing on this project, with or without regards to the dangers of the DM's. (Actually, no, this sounds awfully like begging, let me just rephrase this.)

Last edited:
i actually played sonic adventure 1 and 2
Post automatically merged:

btw im acutally bad the the final boss at sonic adventure 1 same as 2:dramahog:

My PC's good.Good enough for SRB2 at any rate

My internet's alright

From Jamaica

I already stated I never played the Adventure games,skipping

I played this game quite a lot so...I think I'm decent enough?

Zero modding experience,too much ambitious ideas

Not a good combo

Yoooo, boy(ettes)s, calm down. For the most part, I already have in mind who I wanna bring into testing. But if you're all gonna apply, maybe towards the end of development I ought to do an experience check. But tell me more than just "I wanna test!".

Like.....do you have a good or bad PC? Good/Bad Internet? Europe/Americas/Australia/Etc Region? Played Adventure 1/2 before? Skilled at SRB2 or not? Experience with modding?

All are useful to testing for different reasons, so just be honest. So long as you're not that guy(ette) who just wants the mod early and rarely gives feedback/reports...

No, I mean....I've been refraining from jumping, spinning, showing Sonic's abilities, etc in all the GIFs so far. I've hardly been secretive about Super Sonic. Whom, btw, judging from Metalwario's custom model renders, I'm extremely hyped to see come to life.

Super_Render.png

Occasionally, SA-Sonic's intentionally deviates from the Adventure games. It's usually with little quirks like this. Sonic bounces upwards when hitting enemies with the bounce attack. Due to an unintended bug, he does so even from below, but it felt right and seemed like a fun mechanic, so we left it in, even though in SA2 you would've lost all momentum.

srb21578.gif

If it benefits the player and doesn't feel broken or wrong, we leave it in.

There's some cases where we took liberties for better controls. If you bounce/home onto a horizontal spring/booster/speed pad, it'll snap you into instant sprinting.

srb21579.gif
I have a good PC to handle anything in SRB2, Good Internet though at the Pms it just goes on a short vacation then comes back, Is New York a part of the Americas region? If so then yes I am apart of it, I've played both adventure games, even had a few mods thrown in :knuxsmug: , and I'm skilled at SRB2 if I do speedruns, online multiplayer main game though? I just fail.(Sorry If this wasn't what you had in mind :dramahog:It's just usually when it comes to mods I try to use any mod I feel like that'll fit with it and see if there's any bugs, like ante station zone, that one zone with a 2d section mostly comprised of shadows, etc.) Also I have no Skills in Modding...
Post automatically merged:

I honestly don't wanna beta test, all people want are the mod early lol :worry::threat:.
Also, here's some reference for SA-Super Sonic if you need it :)
View attachment 53402
View attachment 53403
Im also going to answer the questions for beta test because I'm bored
I think my PC's decent.
Good internet
Im from the PH
Never played Adventure 1/2
Kinda good at SRB2
I've modded before

P.S: This is lookin' good guys! Including the abilities and the bounce attack!
Question: Are you going to add the Light-speed dash?
Also I don't really want it early I just want to see how he works in 2d zones like ante station, and a few more, and also see how he fits in the Sonic Adventure Genisys.

Last edited:
So, due to the many unknown reasons, bugs may occur, but if not, then there's probably no reason to test,
That’s an extremely false statement. Beta testing is more than just bug hunting. Most of it has to do with letting more people than just the dev team give their opinion on how it feels to play and what adjustments they would make in order for it to the best that it can be

Like.....do you have a good or bad PC? Good/Bad Internet? Europe/Americas/Australia/Etc Region? Played Adventure 1/2 before? Skilled at SRB2 or not? Experience with modding?
Lower-end Laptop, Internet of 23 download speed and 17 upload, Americas, Finished both SA1 & SA2, Kinda skilled, No experience with modding

Ok, I'll add details here...
I've got an android phone, which tends to run SRB2 well, although I start to lag with the lava-falls in red volcano zone.
I've actualy beta tested for 2 games before, and have found a few bugs in both.
Played both adventure games.
I don't really know if I'm good at SRB2.
I haven't made a mod before, but want to, but can't since I don't have a proper pc/laptop.
My wi-fi's a bit bad, but I always play on mobile data since I've got an unlimited plan for it, which is much better.
I am American.
Discord is... GYARAGA #8699

Last edited:
I Play on android
Lags alot srb2 online but other games i have good internet
Im American
Played a little bit of adventure 2
Im alright at srb2
And ive never made a mod before

Yoooo, boy(ettes)s, calm down. For the most part, I already have in mind who I wanna bring into testing. But if you're all gonna apply, maybe towards the end of development I ought to do an experience check. But tell me more than just "I wanna test!".

All are useful to testing for different reasons, so just be honest. So long as you're not that guy(ette) who just wants the mod early and rarely gives feedback/reports...
Oh, right. Sorry, I got too excited. Alright, so:

- Kinda bad PC
- Good internet(?)
- Europe (no, I'm not gonna be any more specific for privacy reasons)
- Never played any of the Adventure titles
- Somewhat skilled at SRB2 (well, I got to Egg Rock 2 as Sonic alone on Ultimate mode, but I don't mean to brag, obviously)
- Some experience with modding? I mean, I've made a custom enemy before, and I'm working on a map, so... there's that.

So long as you're not that guy(ette) who rarely gives feedback/reports...
Never given feedback before, because I've never been able to test any mods before. (I wanted to test a mod once, but I was too scared/shy to ask the creator)

So, I wouldn't call myself a good candidate for testing, but I'd still be happy to try.

Last edited:
I Play on android
Lags alot srb2 online but other games i have good internet
Im American
Played a little bit of adventure 2
Im alright at srb2
And ive never made a mod before
oh yea im also a beta tester for a srb2 mod i still havent gave feedback yet tho

If you need a tester, count me in i guess, i dont consider myself a good candidate, i feel like i would be wasting a tester, but whatever

Good PC (32 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 TI, etc)

Good internet (i think)

Chilean, so, i dont know if that's good or not

Played and completed both adventure games

Pretty skilled for my standards as SRB2 (can speedruns the levels pretty decently, etc)

No modding skill at all sadly..

I...Think i KINDA gave feedback on some mods..? I dont remember, and, uh, never been a tester before, so idk if i am a good candidate, good luck with the mod!

Well i guess I'll give my description on my desktop

Fine desktop (a 2 year old HP desktop from one of my dad's friends)

A pretty laggy but still useful internet

American region

Has never played the games before, but did see gameplay of it

A somehwat skilled manner of gameplay (usually just doing stuff on SRB2 Station, but doesn't matter)

Absolutely 0 on modding

Okay, here we go:
- I have a decent PC, it runs SA2 (albeit a bit laggy) and SADX fine. Heroes also runs like SA2, if I disable a few options. Rayman 3 runs great, too. The SM64 PC port runs good, too
- Decent internet (50 MBit, around 20+ upload speed). Used to be worse previously, but it has got better in July
- Europe
- I've played both games
- I'm more skilled at SRB2 with modded characters, but I'm not that bad as default characters
- Not that much, but I used to try to make a character and I was working on a few maps
- Speaking about feedback/report, I beta tested a Hollow Knight character mod and did gave feedback on it. I've reported console errors and bugs that happened with the mod

Oh, wait I sound greedy now:dramahog:
I might as well wait for main release. I hope things go well with development!

-I have a good(ish) PC
-I have an internet that is kinda good
-Europe
-I played SA1 and SA2 on my PS3, but not on my PC
-I'm pretty good at SRB2
-I am a newbie to modding, and I wanna learn how to make LUA. I think I'll start with a LUA HUD mod.

poor goldenshine... he's just gonna get mega bombarded with nothing but @'s for like the next couple of hours.

i would like to apply as well but there is already a truck load of people on the horizon so i wouldn't wanna bother you with more details of somebody who'd like to test.

I have 2 hands and a butt I use for talking. My mouth mostly eating. But in all seriousness. Hugs and Kisses from me. May God have mercy on the Testers, and the Dev team for having to deal with them.

Last edited:
do you have a good or bad PC? Good/Bad Internet? Europe/Americas/Australia/Etc Region? Played Adventure 1/2 before? Skilled at SRB2 or not? Experience with modding?
I have a pretty good pc performance wise, really good internet, I live in the American region, and have played both Sonic Adventure games. (Although I got stuck on Big as a kid.) I am pretty good at most levels in SRB2 all things considered. I know some of the level layouts like the back of my hand, like both Arid Canyon Zone levels, both Castle Eggman Zone levels, and, of course, all 3 of the first 3 zones. No experience with modding though.

Beta Testing? Count Me In!, btw i have a good pc, I'm American, internet way past gud, i never played both SA1 & 2 neither SADX and SA2B (aka: the GameCube ports), I'm a god at almost all the levels as either Sonic or Tails, i only know color coding if you want some colors for the character please let me know. By the way, I'm working as hard as i can in Metal Flood Episode 2 and The NEXT Update to the Xtreme Mania Colors (ill be posting progress on Mari0shi's Discord)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Back