• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
internal-screaming-robert-downey-jr.gif

O-oh...I may have stirred the pot here.

Question: Are you going to add the Light-speed dash?
Yes! We already put in the LSA and Lightspeed Dash, though I'm in the process of revamping the ring-seeking from scratch rather than just using a modified SMSreborn lightdash. It's going smoothly with no issues whatsoever.
srb21580.gif

NO issues. Just look at our boy go. ( Don't worry, it's fixed already. :P )

Never given feedback before, because I've never been able to test any mods before.

So, I wouldn't call myself a good candidate for testing, but I'd still be happy to try.
No need to self-deprecate, if you give feedback and don't go silent past day 1, you're good! Everything else is circumstantial.

Played the shit out of the adventure games and speedrun sa1 sometimes too

Wouldn't that need a tester that's aleast played the adventure games?
A speedrunner? Got something to show? And nah! SA-Sonic's meant to be easily picked up, so an inexperienced wreck is totally welcome for that reason. In fact, someone who's inexperienced with SRB2 itself but knows SA1/SA2 would be a treat. If they can pick up SRB2 for the first time with SA-Sonic, that means we've nailed it! That'd be a rare find on the SRB2 MB, though.

I've got a fine PC, it usually doesnt lag with SRB2, unless there's a huge stage filled with stuff.
My internet is fine too.
LOL, c'mon, "fine" PC and internet? You had the worst performance out of everyone there. Because of you we figured out it's simply PC-lag that caused Samus' save-menu crash.

Anyways, those Super Sonic renders and the life icon look gorgeous! I also really loved SA1's metallic shine and while that would be super hard to remake in sprite form, I'm sure a skilled MD3 artist would pull off a nice look on textures.
Metal doesn't think he can pull Super Sonic chrome off in sprite-form either, so for now the consensus is to have him do normal shading, then we'll see if I can do anything with Lua.

srb21587.gif

For everyone else, feel free to say your piece about testing once, just please leave the subject be after that. (To not flood the thread more than necessary. It's a feedback-thread, so let's all simp over Metalwario's cool sprites rather than talk about testing.)

I DO read your pieces. Just keep in mind people from the open will only be picked when we're very close to the actual release, this won't be in a few weeks. And I don't need advice on who to pick or not.

Actually, I'm a little surprised how many of you have never played any Sonic Adventure games....

Yes! We already put in the LSA and Lightspeed Dash, though I'm in the process of revamping the ring-seeking from scratch rather than just using a modified SMSreborn lightdash. It's going smoothly with no issues whatsoever.
srb21580.gif

Yup! Nothing wrong with that at all! (Obvious sarcasm)
Anyways... Progress looks like its going smoothly! I'm so hyped!

Metal doesn't think he can pull Super Sonic chrome off in sprite-form either, so for now the consensus is to have him do normal shading, then we'll see if I can do anything with Lua.

srb21587.gif

For everyone else, feel free to say your piece about testing once, just please leave the subject be after that. (To not flood the thread more than necessary. It's a feedback-thread, so let's all simp over Metalwario's cool sprites rather than talk about testing.)
1. You sure did ;-; and 2. I think testing is a way to have fun and possibly help out the community, so they can enjoy this mod too(when it comes out that is)
Also why does shadow look so fitting to be besides adventure sonic even with his very unique appearance.

i might test this out if this mod is out i tried the samus mod ngl is good no lag i guess:worry:

srb21580.gif

No need to self-deprecate, if you give feedback and don't go silent past day 1, you're good! Everything else is circumstantial.

A speedrunner? Got something to show? And nah! SA-Sonic's meant to be easily picked up, so an inexperienced wreck is totally welcome for that reason. In fact, someone who's inexperienced with SRB2 itself but knows SA1/SA2 would be a treat. If they can pick up SRB2 for the first time with SA-Sonic, that means we've nailed it! That'd be a rare find on the SRB2 MB, though.

LOL, c'mon, "fine" PC and internet? You had the worst performance out of everyone there. Because of you we figured out it's simply PC-lag that caused Samus' save-menu crash.

srb21587.gif

I DO read your pieces. Just keep in mind people from the open will only be picked when we're very close to the actual release, this won't be in a few weeks. And I don't need advice on who to pick or not.

Actually, I'm a little surprised how many of you have never played any Sonic Adventure games....
(RUNNING AT MACH 10 INTENSIFIES)

I guess im trustworthy enough to beta test this mod, because i beta test some mods in the past.
But does being a beta tester of several mods in the past and not leaking them count to being a beta tester of this mod?
i doubt.
View attachment 53461
without a doubt you are the best beta tester around, ngl (im gonna enjoy Paper bros as much as you did making them)

srb21580.gif

[Insert Sonic Unleshed WOOOO'ing overlapping each other in swift succession]

srb21580.gif

srb21587.gif

"WOOOH FEELING GOOD"

srb21580.gif

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA-HOOOO!

Adventure Sonic

THE SPRITE IS AMAZING WHEN IT RELEASE except the bug
It releases when it's done.

In my eyes, I don't think anyone should have a deadline when it comes to making games, artwork, or addons/modifications to a pre-existing game.
Generally, the product won't turn out as great as the people behind the creation of said product foresaw if they have a set time frame to complete the aforementioned product.

Now of course people take breaks, and get interrupted by some things, most have jobs if they can't get money through other means. (for example, a Youtube career.)
Artists, coders, and game developers are really hard-working people.
I would know, because I'm one out of those 3.

In Sonic Adventure, there's only 2 shields. Electric and Generic. Having plenty of abilities already unlike in the classics, the Adventure games decided shields needn't clutter Sonic's moveset even more. As a result, SA-Sonic too only benefits from the passive effects of shields. But the Whirlwind Shield HAS no passive ability. To prevent it becoming Pity Shield 3: Revengeance (Pink Shield is 2), we gave it this!

srb21590.gif

Use it as an intentional super-jump or a chance to escape a death pit, it's up to you!

Also, have some more bot shenanigans!
srb21591.gif

srb21592.gif

srb21597.gif

srb21594.gif

srb20029.png
srb20030.png

Reminds me of when I did this thing were I grabbed a bunch of Sonics from the message board and messed around

Can't wait to throw Adventure Sonic into the rest

(Wish there was a way to get these fuckers to stand still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back