• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ACZCMFZ Level pack:(Work in progress)Alpha is here!!

So what do you think of the Alpha?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SonicX8000 said:
I bring BAD NEWS.

This may be in you file and the fixed up one.

You have 6 unclosed sectors, which are bad as it can make the map a little buggy.

Also for the screenie, just type BIND *key* SCREENSHOT.

UNDERGROUND AREAS

Move the sector down, and make sure you got a path of it.

These are not in the original, my version just doen't have 32 player support, also I mean underground with a floor over it, that you can walk on, not just a hole, findof like floor under floor.

Yes, I may have forgotten to test one last time. However, some of those glitches were in the original level.

Don't worry, the fixed version is HERE!

You know, those AFALLs are sneaky when they hide right behind the starting point.

EDIT: This was when those pictures were posted. The levels play fine even with those errors.

Need help.

I used XWE to make the level headers, and even with me putting in the code that would allow it to be on the level select, it still isn't there. Also I still need help with things mentioned above, the underground, and the color map, and teleporters.

Also boinciel, you can edit levels, but do you have any of your own, also sonicx8000 do you have any levels, I really would like to see some stuff, I wonder if bluezero4 has any levels, I need working links for any levels you may have, cause I'm bored. I'm gonna take a small break from level work.

You want to see my levels?

Alrighty....

Be right back with my link to my level pack.

Which I cannot show jsut yet, lemme get done with Speical stage 5.

Jesus, not only does this level look cramped, but there's tons of missing textures and AFall. Also, it looks like there's randomly placed rings and things as well too. Sorry pal, if this is 12 hours of effort, it just...doesn't do for me, you're going to need alot more time to get good then and one word of advice, please, please, do NOT release your first level.
If you have Doom and GZDoom, please take the time to see a real first released level(note: it's only half-finished..)http://kingofflames.sepwich.com/Submerged.wad and take time to fix bugs too, make SURE you got everything before you release it.

BlazingPhoenix said:
Jesus, not only does this level look cramped, but there's tons of missing textures and AFall. Also, it looks like there's randomly placed rings and things as well too. Sorry pal, if this is 12 hours of effort, it just...doesn't do for me, you're going to need alot more time to get good then and one word of advice, please, please, do NOT release your first level.
If you have Doom and GZDoom, please take the time to see a real first released level(note: it's only half-finished..)http://kingofflames.sepwich.com/Submerged.wad and take time to fix bugs too, make SURE you got everything before you release it.

Launcher won't load, ashwall doesn't exist apparently, also the original, that's the one of the first page, isn't missing textures, the one you may have downloaded is boinciels mod for it that he made, to fix bugs.

That's for DooM, ya know.

I'm in love! ^.^

...with the concepts. Something that was nice was the originality in this. The Detons were always coupled with Amrmadgedons, which was good. The platforming was also very original. I liked bouncing from spring to spring without touching the ground. The spin tunnels were abundant, which was good. For me, at least. For the amuont of cramped-ness, this was a long level. However, the item placement needed rehab.

For one, rings come in short coherent lines or small clusters of about 5. Also, enemies in abundance is reserved for hard mode. And there were too many, too, too many ring boxes up there. Tone it down a bit.

Also, the reason why some of the level had thok barrier while others didn't was that the linedefs were so darn close together. Merely a renderer issue, not anything to depend about.

And also, I've given this a huge revamp, mainly a lazy up-scale, but I've also messed around with the items. Some of the enemies only appear on hard, namely the THZ turret. (I've also fixed the stair textures, for no extra cost.) This is not a version to rely on (prob'ly because I've erased some of the things you wanted) so take note and up it yourself. http://www.sendspace.com/file/8mcndt

And I happen to have Chex Quest, so I'm downloading BP's map.

Why must everyone edit my levels.

Thanks for the comments, hey bluezero do you have any levels?

Also boinciel did this too, it seems you guys are editing my map, that's okay, but your confusing people, if you are going to send me a revamp, do in via pm, as opposed to having it out in public, see sonicx8000 complaints on page 3.

And like I said before, the version above is only a suggestion; if you liked it before, feel free to keep it. However, be warned that you may come back after a while and ask yourself what you were thinking.

And as for levels, Super Sonic 64, but don't bump the topic, please.

BlueZero4 said:
And like I said before, the version above is only a suggestion; if you liked it before, feel free to keep it. However, be warned that you may come back after a while and ask yourself what you were thinking.

And as for levels, Super Sonic 64, but don't bump the topic, please.

Perhaps.

Edit: I shall play it.
Edit2: It's awesome.
Edit3: Profile edit, now I'm intrested in stuff.

Edit 4: Progress update: Cold Metal Factory is being worked on again, although it's far from finished, some new things that have been added are underground, underwater pathways, and shattering ice, as well as snow you can actually go inside, more suprises are instore, but you'll have to wait till the beta or final release to see them.

Edit 5: Link to the level pack is now on my sig.

Sorry about the double posting.

I needed to bump up the topic, just some news, the idea I had about the sonic adventure style gameplay might be used for this mod, the whole adventure field end sector, level thing, that I mentioned as being it's own demo, might be used to make this mod, making acz and cmfz there own levels, on an adventure field, with a plot, I also might leave it open ended so I can add to it later, all I really need to know in order to make a demo work similar to the original sonic adventure, is having text show up onscreen when sonic goes over certain areas, like in morphs level pack, see mod section to get an idea of what I mean, so that concept idea might be used to make the demo, this is not offical though.

Edit: Let me explain, just like the other guy who had this idea, I might make a demo that plays kindoff like a sonic adventure like thing, but it's just a demo, my regular level pack is my main project, this is might be a demo, that shows how a sonic adventure like game could work on srb2.

Heres how the demo might play.

Adventure field: Small, have text that will be something like.
Tails: Hey sonic I sent you here to retrieve a chaos emerald it's somewhere near here, maybe you should look for it.
So sonic will search the area, and somehow find a way that could lead to the next level, like station squares beach section leading to emerald coast.
After which there would be an end sector there.
Action Stage: Small, The next map will be an action stage, in which it's end sector will be where the chaos emerald is.
Adventure Field: The next map is the same as the first, with maybe some text saying something like...
Tails: Eggman is tearing apart the area to find the chaos emerald, maybe you should teach him a lesson. Afterwards you find an extension to the map, some torn out cave or new area, that eggman might've opened for you, after following the path you find eggman, and the level ends.
Boss: Picks up on the adventure field, with impassible barriers put in place, eggman might have text saying something like...
Eggman: Hah sonic so you have the chaos emerald, well I'll just have to take it from you. Then you fight.
Adventure field: Back to the adventure field, more text, and at the entrance provides a path back to the city or a new adventure field or something.

You may ask, what was the purpose of all this, well I came up with some ideas, so I decided to put them down, feel free to take these ideas and use them however you want, actually I probably won't do this demo, however it is an idea, one that I might use, so I felt like just putting it out here, if you guys really want to see what a playable demo of this scenerio might be like, I'll take some time out of my normal project to make it, but it will be short though, and it won't use the levels from my current level pack project.

The original idea, except it might use the levels from the level pack, unlike previously mentioned, combining the two ideas, instead of being a side project, because sonic adventure is still my favorite official sonic game, at least I think it is.

You know, this is when people should learn how long it takes to make a decent SP/Coop level. It's obvious that people don't seem to be putting more effort into their levels.

Like, look how long Gelespious took. Here's a hint: I wish I had more time than 2 months. But that's mostly because of my superior ability to procrastinate. I dare you to find anyone else who can procrastinate greater than me.

Also, lay off the AFALL, maaan.

News.

Okay, I will release a beta, when cmfz is released, the final version, will have an adventure field, as well as some kind of story, and open endedness, if I want to extend it, also it will have 3 levels, so a level after cmfz will be made, try to guess what it is, heres a hint, an image of it's title card can be found in my avatar on a very popular sonic forum, that you have probably heard of, also cmfz has a few hints of what the next level will be. The final release, might use the level connecting tunnels, and boss levels differently, that's all the news I have.

Penopat said:
. I dare you to find anyone else who can procrastinate greater than me.

Um...I'm sure I can do it greater. =P

On the Adventure Field, you would need to make beating some levels open others, and that you would have to go back and forth from one to others.

Chaos said:
Penopat said:
. I dare you to find anyone else who can procrastinate greater than me.

Um...I'm sure I can do it greater. =P

On the Adventure Field, you would need to make beating some levels open others, and that you would have to go back and forth from one to others.

I already know, and I already know how to do so.

Edit: I reviewed mystics level pack. (redo)

So here is the review for mystic realm, I finally got around to playing it so here is what I think.

Categories to be scored on:

Difficulty/Challenge
Level Design
Problems/Glitches
Other/Cool stuff
Individual Levels.

Difficulty/Challenge: 9.5: It's hard, whether it be confusion in labyrinth woods, or trying to not fall in icy water in midnight freeze, there's always something hard about it, although this did lead me to doing level skipping, so I could review it, and some levels felt impossible with sonic, but I assume that was intentional, so it really isn't a problem.

Level Design: 10.0: Non-Linear, and some decent gimmicks make the levels feel very natural, and actually make you feel like you're there, the levels are spacy enough to allow for intresting paths, and without making them boring and overly long.

Problems/Glitches: 9.5: Some levels were a bit hard, I mean a human is supposed to play this, but that is okay, nothing too big to worry about.

Other/Cool stuff: 10.0: Nearly flawless design, and full level special stages, not to mention expanding srb2s playlist, well I just did, also the fact that I will get expanded makes me wonder how can you possibly make this better, well I will find out.

Individual levels: 9.5: Too many to write about, but they are awesome, so here is a decent score for them.

Overall: 9.7: Nearly perfect, great level design and a bunch of other awesome things about it make it a great level pack all together, this proves that just because you're an admin doesn't mean that you can't have fun, so when you go around talking about problems in other peoples work, you aren't being mean, you just know all about level designing, and for those who have any doubts, they should probably play this level pack.

That's the review.

Other reviews: Sonic ultima/Sonic ultima 2.0

Also I debugged tailzdudes water world, just to let you know. Fixed the segment violation.

Ouf... this needs a ton of work!

It is really cramped and the way you build is screwish...
NEVER EVER OVERLAY SECTOR-BORDERS !!!

I worked a little on the first level and stretched it up (it is still too small, but now you are able to run in some parts :roll: ), but the most important things i did were:

- shaping the level with a perfect thok-barrier
- repairing the sector borders
- destroying false sectors (these are sectors with an expanse of 0, they basically occur, when two or more linedeffs are placed ontop of each other without erasing themselves)

I would HIGHLY recommend you to use this map in your pack and work on it a little more. It was PURE PAIN to fix these bugs!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g20cs1

Morph said:
Ouf... this needs a ton of work!

It is really cramped and the way you build is screwish...
NEVER EVER OVERLAY SECTOR-BORDERS !!!

I worked a little on the first level and stretched it up (it is still too small, but now you are able to run in some parts :roll: ), but the most important things i did were:

- shaping the level with a perfect thok-barrier
- repairing the sector borders
- destroying false sectors (these are sectors with an expanse of 0, they basically occur, when two or more linedeffs are placed ontop of each other without erasing themselves)

I would HIGHLY recommend you to use this map in your pack and work on it a little more. It was PURE PAIN to fix these bugs!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g20cs1

Sorry, already done with the fixed textures.
Check the previous page. It even has a few additions of mine to make it a little less tedious.

That's enough.

I understand why boinciel and bluezero4 have sent me altered versions, but now morph comes in too, and demands I use it, and complains about fixing it, okay now I need to make a new rule.

FROM NOW ON NOBODY CAN SUBMIT "FIXED" VERSIONS OF MY LEVEL, SOME CHANGES WILL PROBABLY BE MADE BEFORE THE FINAL, BUT I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE EDITS!!

I know you guys mean well, but I never asked Morph, even though he does have a pretty good level pack, and I'll take a look at the new ones, but after this no more revisions, it's still MY level.

Edit: Played netgame with ultimate hyperknux, cody, and an admin, I am SWP in netgames. Netgames are fun.

Edit: And another one with dark super sonic and sonicx8000, pictures will be added later, also standing in a weapon/ring area allows it so that the regenerate you just watch your rings, and weapon time go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back