• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ACZCMFZ Level pack:(Work in progress)Alpha is here!!

So what do you think of the Alpha?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woops...
I'm sorry, this wasn't meant to offend or something. I just wanted to help. I didn't notice that somebody already had redone it.

Anyway, I hope you keep working. It looks like you really try to create something interesting. Most submissions doesn't improve, because criticism makes the authors stop working, but that's not the way it is meant to be. :wink:

Netgames are fun.

Netgames really are fun, and because of that the final demo of my level pack, will have some 2P levels, some levels might have match compatabilty and other things. No new news in the level pack though, and I haven't been working on it very much.

Edit: I got to play mario koopa blast, it wasn't very good, so I cleared the secrets data, and I might upload some of my netgame screenshots.

Sorry about the double post...

I came back after a while. I left to check some things on other sites, but I decided to come back breifly to let you guys know about progress. I have currently taken a break from working on my level pack, I should start working on it soon, also I will post some of my netgame screenshots at some point, that's all just bumping the topic.

You last visited on Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:38 pm

I have returned, and will begin work on my level pack again, you guys should see the beta, with both levels done probably in july 2007, the final with the third level installed will probably be done before or around august 2007, these levels are huge, they'll take a month so be patient.

Future levels: Levels I plan to do, so they can't get stolen.

Ice Melt Island: The third level, an island of ice slowly melting into a pool of water, get the idea.
Estimated goal time to complete: 7:00
Will be found in: Level pack final version (August 2007)

Painful Mud: The fourth level, a mountain valley, that sonic will fall into, painful mud is aplenty, looks like rocky mountain.
Estimated goal time to complete: 3:45
Will be found in: Level pack expansion (Fall 2007)
Other info: Plan to use meadow match, or jade coast bgm.

Gravity Planet: A space level, with altered gravity.
Will be found in: Level pack expansion (TBA)

Liquid Crystal: A virtual reality machine, takes sonic to what seems like a virtual world.
Will be found in: Level pack expansion (TBA)
Other info: Plan to use special stage bgm.

Those are some levels that I plan to do in the future, I still need to perfect some things like ice and such before they are realeased, but now you know what to expect from me.

Some news.

I got some news, I have finally learned the right way to get an adventure field to work, however I still need to get the text to work. But anyway I will reformat the level pack and once I get text to work, I will post a demo of the beta up here, It won't be the offical beta, but it will be a demo showing the new format. Here is what the demos will be like.

Alpha: Released April 2007?

- One completed level: Altered Canyon Zone.
- Beginning of path to cold metal factory.
- Cold metal factory demo.
- Level Progression: Main Level -> Boss -> Path to next level

Beta Demo: To be released June 2007

- One completed level: Altered Canyon Zone.
- Beginning of first adventure field.
- In game text, and a story line.
- Cold Metal Factory demo. (Extended)
- Level Progression: Sonic Adventure Style

Now you know what to expect before the official beta. The final version that is sceduled to be released in August will have some multiplayer maps, probably one of each type each taking place in a spinoff version of the action stages. The level select will probably be disabled in the beta, but for the demo I'll probably keep it. So be prepared for some more stuff, coming out soon for my first level pack.

A review...

I don't have any news in terms of my level pack, but I played some new level addons, that won the contest, gel. mountain is one of the best levels I've ever seen, and the sountrack is awesome. The switch takes you to the exit, if you don't press it your climb gets longer, that is an awesome thing in the level, but aside from that I played the new multiplayer level pack, so here is the review for the March/April 2007 muliplayer level pack, it's to bad I can't enter my level pack in a contest, anyway here is the review.

Design/Challenge: 8.0: There is some good level concepts in here, some of the racetracks are awesome, others aren't, but most of the maps in this level pack are good, and sometimes a little hard.

Level Design: 8.5: Pretty much all the levels here have something special about them, there are some awesome level designs in here, a few of the racetracks took over a minute and a half for a lap, and that's a good thing, also the ctf maps are well made, as well as the match levels.

Problems/Glitches: 7.5: A few missing textures, some redwall, and a little lag in a few places, some textures seemed to blend into each other, but all around not to buggy.

Other/Cool stuff: 7.0: Nice collection of levels, some good song choices, great level design, as well as some things in the levels that I haven't seen used before, but other than that not much.

Individual Levels: 7.8: It's an average.

-Match-

STZ: 5.5: Big, cool, but bland on the outside, missing textures.
PSZ: 6.5: Cool stairs, looks like a pirate ship, that's about it.
ISZ: 8.5: Nice complicated match level, lots of stuff.
HAZ: 7.5: Pretty nice looking, lava is cool.
FEZ: 8.0: Big, nice looking level.

-CTF-

AFZ: 9.0: Wet, water, hills, awesome.
CSZ: 8.0: It's like concrete in space.
SCZ: 7.0: Good, but runs on race for some reason.

-RACE-

GGZ: 8.5: Nice looking cave, long, and it's green.
NWZ: 9.0: Part forest, part factory, all slimy.
SZ: 7.0: Short, but nice.
ERZ: 9.0: Nice use of the elements, and space.
FBZ: 7.5: Short, but nice level design.
PZ: 7.0: Not very long, a bit bland.
MMZ: 9.0: Mines, with lava, and a colormap.
MRZ: 8.5: It's mario, but it's a race track.
TARZ: 5.0: It's bad, but it's bad in a good way.
DPZ: 8.0: Some redwall, but massive antigravity jump makes it good.
BWZ2: 9.0: It's a race, in a forest, on fire.

Overall: 7.8: Some nice level design, with a nice collection of levels make this a good multiplayer map collection, but some problems do keep it from being perfect.

That is the review, there is another multiplayer level pack for january and february 2007, I'll probably tell you what I think about it when I play it, the work on this level pack hasn't stopped completely expect the beta demo to come out soon.

Another review.

BlueZero4 said:
You know we have a contest voting topic, right?

I know, I'm just reviewing level packs.

I just finished playing the january/february 2007 level pack, so I will be reviewing it. This is the review.

Design/Challenge: 6.5: There is some unique level designs here, but none of the levels in this level pack are particularly hard, and compared to some of the other level packs, from other contests, these levels aren't as good, but they aren't bad.

Level Design: 7.0: There is some good level design, there are some zoom loops, and some other intresting level designs, that are pretty good, but not as good as some other levels, but good.

Problems/Glitches: 6.5: Some missing textures, and redwall, but nothing too serious. Overall not very buggy.

Other/Cool stuff: 5.5: Not much, other than some decent level design, and some zoom loops, but there isn't too much to note here, other than some good level design.

Individual levels: 6.6: It's an average.

-Match-

CZ: 6.5: It's just some castle walls, in a maze.
GGZ: 6.0: Just a bunch of tunnels, but good.
CCZ: 6.0: Some more tunnels, with city textures.
TTZ: 6.0: Some tunnels, some stairs, desert textures.
EPZ: 8.0: It looks good, the fountain is nice.
WWSZ: 5.5: It's flat, with some stuff on it.
IPZ: 6.5: It's a room with stairs and some ice, nice view.
GGVZ: 6.0: Some tunnels, stairs, rain with sunny sky, lag.
TFZ: 6.5: It's like that waterfall level boss, with slime.
DEZ: 5.5: Being generous, it's redwall with some stuff in it.
TTZ: 6.5: It looks okay, thats about it.

-CTF-

WTZ: 7.0: Nice looking ctf, runs on match though.
MVSCTFZ: 7.0: Didn't see much, but okay.
FCZ: 7.5: Nice looking, lot's of ice, pretty good.
WBZ: 6.0: It's 2-D, It's CTF, It's flat.
BBZ: 7.0: Looks pretty good, nice level.
DZ: 7.0: Nice looking ctf, cool water, decent level.
CCZ: 7.0: Another castle based ctf, it's okay.

-RACE-

SPZ: 6.5: Nice zoom loop, but some missing textures.
GGCZ: 6.5: Looks good, but couldn't finish a lap.
TZ: 6.5: Short, but nice use of transparent walls.
BWZ: 7.5: Good, the destroy all enemys rooms are cool.
AIZ: 7.0: Short, but pretty good race.
ICZ: 6.0: Really short, but okay.

Overall: 6.4: Overall a decent level pack, but some bland levels, and a few glitches, and problems, leave this level pack less memorable than some of the other level packs.

That is the review.

I was going to download it, but the link is dead. Especially the one time thinking about trying it, despite all of the negativity.

Segmint said:
I was going to download it, but the link is dead. Especially the one time thinking about trying it, despite all of the negativity.

Well then, it's about time I use the FFH.

The name of the pack is ACZCMFZ level pack,but now,if you got ideas for new levels to make,you need to change the name of the level pack,right? 8)

Matbomb said:
The name of the pack is ACZCMFZ level pack,but now,if you got ideas for new levels to make,you need to change the name of the level pack,right? 8)

Yeah I guess I do, but I'm still working on the first two, so until the final version is released, I will probably keep the name.

Edit: Changed the will to a do, because it's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back