Resource icon

[Open Assets] A Super Trial 1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
DerpyBubblez submitted a new resource:

A Super Trial - Blast Through Levels as Super Sonic!

Inspired by Super Challenge, this script allows you to blast through levels as Super Sonic, at the cost of death when you run out of rings.

Features:
Start any level as Super Sonic with 50 rings (100 on Boss levels)
Race against the clock AND your friends in Competition Mode
Compatible with map packs, such as Mystic Realm (excluding Mystic Realm Zone)

Read more about this resource...

So... what's the difference? It looks like Super Challenge but without any of the features. Is it just Competition mode? Does Super Challenge not have Competition Mode compatability?

So... what's the difference? It looks like Super Challenge but without any of the features. Is it just Competition mode? Does Super Challenge not have Competition Mode compatability?
Well yes, it's pretty much Super Challenge without the extra bells and whistles.
It runs in Co-Op, Competition and Race modes.
I made this because (as far as I'm aware) Super Challenge wasn't updated for 2.2, and this is a pretty fun way to run through the game.

Ah, I forgot that model was a 2.2 mod. However, I was informed that someone else also made a Super based challenge mod in a similar vein, again with more features than this mod, and with competition support. Is there any difference between this mod and your mod to consider? https://mb.srb2.org/addons/super-run-v3-0-the-battery-update.1302/
Super Run has the player return to normal, or become Super again (depending on a toggle?). While this kills the player and respawns them at their last checkpoint, like 2.1's Super Sonic Challenge.

Apologies for asking but is this not just the same as The Doomsday Challenge? All this seems is just that without options? With no offence, I just fail to see the point of this when that mod is virtually identical

Apologies for asking but is this not just the same as The Doomsday Challenge? All this seems is just that without options? With no offence, I just fail to see the point of this when that mod is virtually identical
Creator of that mod here; I checked this mod out and feel that even if it serves the same purpose it's coded a bit more efficiently than that old mod of mine. That same mod also outright got overshadowed by Super Sonic, so I'd actually encourage people to give this mod an honest shot over mine.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back