SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Levels

[Circuit] Tumbleweed Valley Zone v2.1 Details »»
[Circuit] Tumbleweed Valley Zone v2.1
Developer Last Online: Jan 2021

Version: SRB2 Rating:
Released: 11-22-2020 Last Update: 11-25-2020 Favourites: 0
Multiplayer Levels Re-Useable Content

This contains the Pk3 file that includes Tumbleweed Valley Zone - as Mapj9. This is an original circuit map that is 4 laps long. This map also has support for Circuit Redux.

This is my first ever attempt to build a map from the ground up (As Sunken Cave was a conversion of a 2.0 map). Feel free to give me criticism for this map!

Change log
Spoiler:

- Change floor texture within the bottom path, with added torches and a hidden golden monitor.

- Changed the position of the third checkpoint - turning the island to a more visual piece of the level.

- Added more slopes.

- Lowered brightness.

- Added a longer route within quicksand.

- Quicksand's sinking speed has been increased.

- Along with other minor change to increase the overall pace of the stage.

- Initial Release

Download Now

File Type: pk3 R_TumbleweedValley-v2.1.pk3 (41.3 KB, 69 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20023.png
Views:	121
Size:	379.0 KB
ID:	42607   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20022.png
Views:	100
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	42608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tumble2.1Island.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	43989  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 11-22-2020   #2
Larz T
Siced
Judge

I genuinely liked the map. The stage was a short and simple and there wasn't really anything that caught my eye that looked out of place. One thing I would suggest right of the bat is experiment with slopes. Slopes really change up the feel of a level and give the player a sense of speed whenever used correctly. This can be a huge help for the level design as well because while the level design is short and simple, I do feel like it is a little flat in the majority of areas. Keep practicing mapping though, this was a good first attempt at an original level! Also I noticed that you seem to be a big fan of making race maps, if you want, check out on how to make a SRB2Kart map in the future, I feel like you can make a lot of cool stuff for a circuit alone when you are behind the wheel. Also the SRB2 Discord has a #mapping channel if you're not familiar with it that has a lot of individuals including myself who share progress and help each other out with questions and suggestions for their maps.

Other than that, welcome to releases!
YouTube

Larz T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020   #3
UrbanPie
Skilled at being bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz T View Post
I genuinely liked the map. The stage was a short and simple and there wasn't really anything that caught my eye that looked out of place. One thing I would suggest right of the bat is experiment with slopes. Slopes really change up the feel of a level and give the player a sense of speed whenever used correctly. This can be a huge help for the level design as well because while the level design is short and simple, I do feel like it is a little flat in the majority of areas. Keep practicing mapping though, this was a good first attempt at an original level! Also I noticed that you seem to be a big fan of making race maps, if you want, check out on how to make a SRB2Kart map in the future, I feel like you can make a lot of cool stuff for a circuit alone when you are behind the wheel. Also the SRB2 Discord has a #mapping channel if you're not familiar with it that has a lot of individuals including myself who share progress and help each other out with questions and suggestions for their maps.
I'm not a member of the Discord server, actually. I should really join it though.

There were plans for a slope before the quicksand but I discovered that due to how slopes work, you could just jump over the quicksand. But I agree that the map could have been less flat.

I've honestly haven't played SRB2 Kart in a long time but I'd imagine making a Kart map would be fun, thanks for that suggestion!

Thanks for the feedback also!
Old 11-22-2020   #4
Zippy_Zolton
jet jaw sounds

Pretty decent, I enjoyed it. I like the platforming for a higher and faster route. I would recommend making the level darker, brightness 255 doesn't look natural and if you still want it bright, use 240. I also don't like how slow the quicksand is. I know it's like this in my map pack too, but in the next update I'm making it a lot faster like Rustic Templar Zone so that the quicksand doesn't cut all of your speed.
Old 11-25-2020   #5
Zippy_Zolton
jet jaw sounds

When you update a mod, it's best to update the post's name with a version number and especially bump the thread so that people will know it's updated.
Old 11-26-2020   #6
UrbanPie
Skilled at being bad!

Wasn't aware of that, to be honest.
Old 12-19-2020   #7
UrbanPie
Skilled at being bad!

2.1 is a minor update - where I changed the location of the third checkpoint, reduced a couple of monitors at the bottom path and added a gold monitor at the bottom path.

Last edited by UrbanPie; 12-19-2020 at 04:06 PM. Reason: didnt like the wording lol
UrbanPie is offline   Reply With Quote