Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Simple script I made since I needed to test specific animations while working on a character WAD. I figure this may come in handy useful for other people as well, for character WADs & 3D modelling.

Use the command "animationdebug <sprite2> <animation speed> <frame> <super> <tail roll> <color>" to control it.
  • Set "sprite2" to '-1' to disable, or set it to a SPR2_ name/number to enable.
  • "speed" sets the playback speed, set to '0' to test a still frame.
  • Set "super" to 'true' to show Super animations, anything else to show normal animations.
  • Set "tail roll" to a value between '2' and '-2' to change Tails' overlay rotation value for certain sprites.
  • Set "color" to force a specific skincolor, including super colors, set to 'none' to use your existing color.

Use the console variable 'anim_lockangle' to disable the angle locking.

Attachments

• VL_animationdebug-v1.lua
    8.6 KB · Views: 812
  • srb20200.gif
    srb20200.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,591
Last edited:
Been waiting for something like this for quite some time, so this'll help out a lot with character creation and offset tweaking.

can you post a video of some kind showing how this functions? I can't figure out commands and stuff from description alone and the gif is too small for me to read whats goin on

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back