InstableGR

attachment.php

No introduction fanfare is needed for this pack, I think the title image is self-explanatory so let's get on with it!

Characters
#1: Mr. Krabs

attachment.php

• Finished: 7-24-2019
  • Speed: 6
  • Weight: 6
Looking to experience the thrill of maximum overdrive for prize money, Mr. Krabs is (somewhat) ready for action! His weight is a teensy bit hefty but the extra ounce of speed makes up for it, make sure you drive well so you can win that medal!

#2: Mickey Mouse

attachment.php

• Finished: 7-27-2019
  • Speed: 5
  • Weight: 5
Oh boy! While Sonic's gathering for kart races has grown quite substantially with dozens of well-known faces, the original inspiration for his design was still left in the Waiting Room... until now! Mickey Mouse joins the event at last, and with him comes a balanced set of stats so that anyone can feel comfortable on the track! Fans of Castle of Illusion and Mickey's Speedway USA might also find enjoyment listening to familiar audio!

#3: Minnie Mouse
attachment.php

• Finished: 7-30-2019
  • Speed: 3
  • Weight: 5
Yoo-hoo! Of course you can't have Mickey without his beloved Minnie Mouse, what did you think was going to happen? She's slower than the former but accelerates quicker, give her a spin and you might come to enjoy her unique playstyle! As a bonus, just like her soulmate, her voice clips come from the classic N64 title Mickey's Speedway USA!

#4: Mega Man (8-bit)
attachment.php

• Finished: 9-30-2019
  • Speed: 5
  • Weight: 7
The Blue Bomber himself arrives on the scene, but... something about him looks a bit different, wouldn't you say? Correct; the iconic 8-bit style has been converted into a racer, complete with recognizable sound effects from the classic NES Mega Man titles! This is quite the unique direction for this racer, but I hope he can be enjoyed regardless!

#5: Proto Man (8-bit) (NEW)
attachment.php

• Finished: 10-28-2019
  • Speed: 8
  • Weight: 7
This iconic retro form of Mega Man's mysterious brother is here now, too! His weight matches that of Mega Man, but he's much speedier, and as a result he's a serious force to be reckoned with in any race! If you know what you're doing, you can blaze through the pack and remain hidden in the shadows until your victory!
Patch Notes
Version 1.0:
  • Original Release
Version 1.1:
  • Minnie Mouse enters the race!
1.1a:
  • Mickey and Minnie's voice clips have been made a bit quieter, now their volume should be around the same as Krabs.
Version 1.2:
  • Mega Man (8-bit) enters the race!
  • Mickey and Minnie's turning sprites were slightly adjusted to hopefully look less awkward.
1.2a:
  • The two main colors in 8-Bit Mega Man's palette were adjusted to be more accurate to other racers, notably those in the base roster.
  • 8-Bit Mega Man's eyes in his front head sprites now have a gap between them to make them more consistent with his other head rotations.
Version 1.3:
  • Proto Man (8-bit) enters the race!
Credits
  • The following sprites for Mega Man (8-bit) were pulled and slightly edited from these respective games:
    Mega Man 5: Main head sprites (except front and back)
    Mega Man Maker: Main front and back head sprites
    Mega Man 9: Goal Post sprite
    Wily and Light's RockBoard: That's Paradise: Wanted sprite
  • The following sprites for Proto Man (8-bit) were pulled and slightly edited from these respective games:
    Mega Man 5: Wanted icon
    Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch: Main head sprites
    Mega Man 10: Goal Post sprite, Minimap head icon

Even more characters may or may not be added in the future, only time will tell. Please enjoy!

Attachments

• kart0071.jpg
    kart0071.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 14,441
  • kart0080.jpg
    kart0080.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 15,537
  • kart0012.gif
    kart0012.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 953
  • kart0011.gif
    kart0011.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 1,083
  • kart0087.jpg
    kart0087.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 14,166
  • kart0013.gif
    kart0013.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 760
  • kart0022.jpg
    kart0022.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 12,555
  • kart0003.gif
    kart0003.gif
    4 MB · Views: 822
  • instablepack_v1-3.png
    instablepack_v1-3.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 16,515
  • kart0004.gif
    kart0004.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 659
  • kart0028.jpg
    kart0028.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 11,614
  • KC_InstablePack_v1.3.pk3
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,543
Last edited:
Version 1.1 has arrived with a new character, Minnie Mouse!

No patches for the other two characters quite yet, but a Patch Notes section was also added to the thread for good measure.

Version 1.1a has arrived with... an extremely minor patch.

I know it's been a long time so I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up, but for a while I've felt like Mickey and Minnie were too loud and recently that's driven me away from playing them myself, so I decided to finally cave in and lower the volume of their voice clips. Hopefully, they should be more comfortable on the ears now for a better playing experience.

Version 1.2 has arrived with a new character, Mega Man (8-bit), plus some more slight adjustments!

I realize that having my latest character somewhat involve sprite ripping might seem a bit questionable to some folks; if this was my first character, I would be concerned as well, but now that I've proven my worth with my other three characters, I think I can afford squeezing in a little something extra I made in my spare time out of boredom and because I like Mega Man.

I hope this doesn't become an issue, I promise that this won't become a trend; if I start making more characters, they will return to the full-quality effort of my previous work, and I hope this retro racer can be enjoyed regardless of the circumstances!

Version 1.3 has arrived with a new character... Proto Man (8-bit).

Yes, I know, I can hear you now. Am I an idiot for breaking my promise? Maybe. Am I in the wrong for following up an 8-bit character with another 8-bit character? Perhaps.

Look, those are your calls to make, I won't hold it against you if that's how you feel, but I decided to go with Proto Man not just because I personally wanted to (that's the philosophy behind my pack overall) but also because Mega Man ended up being an unexpected success, so at this point I felt obligated to throw in his brother as an extra treat for you guys. I really hope that, again, despite the circumstances, he can be enjoyed! Just have fun, that's what matters!

Its amazing to see Mickey mouse and Minnie on the game of SRB2 kart Thanks.
But I need that more People put them on their servers.
But you make the Best kart Mod ever!!!!!!!!
HFb2S3tdMqgrPBBF9

DsdkYZxEbU9XD95u5

Have good lucky with more mods.

And I port Mickey & Minnie Skin to SRB2 v2.2.!!!
And I will make a tutorial here on the message board of how to port srb2 kart skins to srb2 v2.2

My tutorial is out now and kart Mickey editing theard!

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

This addon is the best of all.
I don't know why people don't have kart Mickey on their servers we need all the kart characters of this pack on the servers specialy Mickey & Minnie

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Yes is my question InstableGR is thinking or working on a Mickey Mouse addon for srb2 v2.2?
I want to see Mickey on SRB2!!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back