SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Legacy Rafael (Rafael V2.6) Details »»
Legacy Rafael (Rafael V2.6)
Developer Last Online: Sep 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (3 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 06-25-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 3
Characters SOCs Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

I've made my custom character into SRB2!

He's old, soo i gave him the oldest ability. :)

For those who think that an human rolling and spining is strange (and i think the same too), here's an reference of how he got it! SPOILER ALERT : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

You probably came here just because you knew they pared up or something didn't you? (or maybe you just wanted to know his past or something :V)

All the sprites were made on Paint, hope you like it! :)

Download Now

File Type: pk3 C_LegacyRafael-v2.6.pk3 (373.8 KB, 94 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20003.gif
Views:	768
Size:	4.52 MB
ID:	33622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Old VS New.png
Views:	393
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	33948  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 06-29-2020   #2
MellowJacket
The unreliable judge
Judge

This all checks out now. Welcome to releases! There's a complete sprite set here with support for the extras like a super form and the ending stars so it all works out.
Old 06-29-2020   #3
MADVAL2

Reminds me of those Angry German Kid videos that got me dead back in early 2016
MADVAL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020   #4
CreeperFace941
*dial up noises*

Tried this out for a bit, and let me say: for MS paint drawings, they're suprisingly smooth! Something i didn't get was the "double jump for a homing attack" in the CSS, but I'm just going to guess you didn't implement that yet.
Old 06-29-2020   #5
Frostiikin
Insert funny hahas here

so... it's just a reskin of sonic?
Old 06-29-2020   #6
Rafael44642

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperFace941 View Post
Tried this out for a bit, and let me say: for MS paint drawings, they're suprisingly smooth! Something i didn't get was the "double jump for a homing attack" in the CSS, but I'm just going to guess you didn't implement that yet.
Actually i didn't mean to add that text, It's soo old that i forgot about it but now that you've talked about it, I might put that ability to this character to not be just a sonic reskin.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADVAL2 View Post
Reminds me of those Angry German Kid videos that got me dead back in early 2016
Lol, i don't know why you remebered that but honestly those vids are funny as heck.
Rafael44642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020   #7
CrystelleCore
pet pet pet pet pet pet pet

Just looking at this I question why this is even on the MB.

(CrystelleCore received a warning for this post: Only give constructive criticism.)
Old 06-30-2020   #8
Rafael44642

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystelleCore View Post
Why not? :/ I mean, you have a character too and im not questioning about it. Just saying :V I don't want any trouble

Last edited by Rafael44642; 06-30-2020 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2020   #9
Daviroll_Limit
Living my dreams as always

Quote:
well uh... these characters can be improved in the future, so there's a reason of why are here (maybe)
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My Twitter Account (fixed the link, plus the account is no more on hiatus)
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020   #10
MotorRoach
Roach when Sonic
Developer

Quote:
Comments like this? Not cool. Don't undermine someone's effort, especially when they are just getting the hang of making mods.
Old 06-30-2020   #11
Rafael44642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit View Post
well uh... these characters can be improved in the future, so there's a reason of why are here (maybe)
Honestly, im actually thinking of maybe update the sprites of my character since they are just Black lines around them, but for now that doesn't seem a problem, i think :/ I mean, thats why MB exists, to share out throughs and mods.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorRoach View Post
Comments like this? Not cool. Don't undermine someone's effort, especially when they are just getting the hang of making mods.
Ummm... Thanks for that comment MotorRoach, also your Animations are soo good and smooth!
Old 06-30-2020   #12
Daviroll_Limit
Living my dreams as always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael44642 View Post
Honestly, im actually thinking of maybe update the sprites of my character since they are just Black lines around them, but for now that doesn't seem a problem, i think :/ I mean, thats why MB exists, to share out throughs and mods.

well, yeah, but i'm also giving an idea to how this character can become better in the future
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My Twitter Account (fixed the link, plus the account is no more on hiatus)
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020   #13
Rafael44642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit View Post
well, yeah, but i'm also giving an idea to how this character can become better in the future
Ummm... Thanks, i guess :/

Last edited by Rafael44642; 08-15-2020 at 02:11 AM.
Old 06-30-2020   #14
MellowJacket
The unreliable judge
Judge

Quote:
Speaking as the person to pass this into releases. This is here because it has a full sprite set and support for the extra optional things such as NiGHTs. Characters have always been held to a higher standard of what counts as the minimum acceptable quality than other forms of content here, but by doing so we ignore just how much work goes into fully completing a character for this game.

Submission guideline 1 is: "Releases is for files you put actual effort into. Submissions that are just recolors, basic shapes, solo sprite rips, music replacements, or trivial scripts will be immediately rejected."
If my response to someone getting into modding is to look at their file with 369 custom sprites in and say "I don't think you've put in any effort" I'd say I've done a pretty bad job at judging just how much work goes into making a complete character. The role of releases and submissions is to block out files that are made in bad faith (Plagarized content, troll files, etc) or things that have significant bugs that prevent a release, such as a level being incompletable or a consistent crash (which are usually honest mistakes and are fixed after being pointed out). And generally just making sure we're following a few good practice guidelines like uploading all images as message board attachments and providing a long term form of mod preservation.
Old 06-30-2020   #15
Smash The Echidna
~=Fighter=~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael44642 View Post
!

There's always room for improvement, and as long as you can see where you need to improve you'll undoubtedly grow as a spriter. Really, the mere fact that you covered all the sprites needed to make a full character is deserving of respect. I've only got like 4 sprites, myself.

Have you thought of what kind of abilities your character may have? Even if you don't really know how to implement them?
Old 06-30-2020   #16
BravenwolfTFS
Braven

I don't want to be rude but I really think you should have taken some more videos on shading and spriting prior to uploading this. It just feels like a self-insert character. Props for completing the sprite sheet, but it could be much better.
Old 07-01-2020   #17
Smash The Echidna
~=Fighter=~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravenwolfTFS View Post
I don't want to be rude but I really think you should have taken some more videos on shading and spriting prior to uploading this. It just feels like a self-insert character. Props for completing the sprite sheet, but it could be much better.

exactly how would better knowledge of shading and spriting change it from being a self-insert? I'm sure there's another word for what you're trying to say because he already literally said that this is a self-insert.
Old 07-01-2020   #18
MADVAL2

Quote:
Oof,Milne commits hate speech here
MADVAL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020   #19
Rafael44642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash The Echidna View Post
There's always room for improvement, and as long as you can see where you need to improve you'll undoubtedly grow as a spriter. Really, the mere fact that you covered all the sprites needed to make a full character is deserving of respect. I've only got like 4 sprites, myself.

Have you thought of what kind of abilities your character may have? Even if you don't really know how to implement them?
Well, the v2 has a new ability and the next version will come with a new set of sprites! You can check it out.
Old 07-05-2020   #20
Rafael44642

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravenwolfTFS View Post
Thanks, and bth, im making a new set of sprites with shading! You can check the image i clipped with a comparison of the old one and the New one. The old one will be renamed as the legacy one (cause the sprites were made for 2.1. but we're never released :V)

Last edited by Rafael44642; 07-09-2020 at 02:35 PM.