Resource icon

[Open Assets] ExAI - Extended Behavior for SP Bots 3.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Oooohhhh dear... Would it be a decent fix to append a quick if check to see if a bot who can spin (spin button causing them to spin) is already rolling or is that not a distinct state from the charging part of the spin?

Last edited:
It's been a while since I touched the code, so I'm not 100% sure that my assumption is correct to begin with. I've been keen to overhaul the code structure, it's just not in the cards yet.

If I understand what I'm reading correctly, it looks more or less correct. It mimicks your spindash and roll if it's able to and doesn't really check if it's already rolling, just what its last inputs were.

Also, Fang does not have any problems. He will not even attempt to fire his gun, he just follows as if all were normal. He will however shoot at enemies if this is done within range of one. Basically he just operates perfectly.
Amy meanwhile will walk up to me, attempt to give me a pity shield, then miss because she is launched up and forward the moment her hammer animation begins and for the duration of that animation.

I have no clue there.

Oh, another note actually. While charging a spindash, Fang and Amy will stand next to me idle unless I hold a direction on the stick, then they will both attempt to stand directly in front of me. After a few moments they then start jumping in place, full jumps too.
Spindashing characters meanwhile will move to near the centre of my hitbox and charge their spindash on top of me as expected.

Last edited:
This Mod is great thanks for creating it, you deserve 5 stars (I would like to find a Mod to appear more bots so that it is the same as in sonic heroes)

Played around with Sonic & Knuckles. I was impressed how well Knuckles was able to keep up with me. Even using his climb ability to get up a wall if he missed a jump. But Knux stuck to a wall and got confused. lol

srb20005.png

Knuckles AI was definitely somewhat incomplete. His ability is innately more complex than most others, but wall-climbing is also finicky enough anyway that I probably just didn't bother to invest a huge amount of resources into it.

Knuckles AI was definitely somewhat incomplete. His ability is innately more complex than most others, but wall-climbing is also finicky enough anyway that I probably just didn't bother to invest a huge amount of resources into it.

Yeah, definitely not a big problem. If I walk a few feet away, he respawns anyway. Funnily enough, when I jumped over Knuckles' height, he climbed higher, but he never climbed down. It's like he's a cat stuck in a tree.

I apologize in advance if I'm stepping out of line!
Now that 2.2.10 has been released, I gave this mod a try on real bots (rather than the ones from BuddyEX). Unfortunately it causes a glitch that was discussed in this mod's page, where bots will seemingly run at a wall trying to seek something, essentially breaking their AI.
The discussion was relating to Foxbot, which I think works based on ExAI? And just by using ExAI and nothing else, the glitch still happens.
Foxbot got an update which apparently fixes it, so I was wondering if this mod is being updated to accomodate for the change and to avoid the glitch as well?

The glitch is known; the code was never scripted with multiplayer in mind, and so it breaks if there are multiple bots ingame.

I am working on a new AI mod, although it will most likely be under a different name.

I can never tell the difference between this and normal gameplay! ...but that's kind of just because my bot is making love to the wall...

ExAI is a small project of mine which expands on the behavior of single player bots to make the AI more intelligent and versatile.

• Built from the same code used to create 2.2's standard AI.
  • All six vanilla characters now have AI custom-tailored to make use of their abilities. (Usable with botskin)
  • Optional: Bot is customized to engage in combat (enabled by default)
  • Various other tweaks and added quirks to give the AI a bit more personality.

Commands are as follows:
ai_sys - Turns on/off all ExAI script functionality.
ai_attack - Turns on/off AI aggression against enemies.
ai_seekdist - Distance to seek out enemies. Measured in fracunits.
ai_debug - Streams local variables and cmd info in the console.
Hey Cobalt I Just Realized That The Bots Can Go Super Haha
i'm very offended at you, mellowjacket

repent for your sins
Apparently Neo Sonic Isn't An Bot Option What The Heck?

Isn't it that Neo Sonic isn't a vanilla character or something along the lines of that?
Yet Modern Sonic Is? I Fail To See The Logic In That
Imma clear this up now, Neo Sonic's skin name is "msonic", which is why you were most likely not getting him to spawn as a bot. This... Quirk about Neo Sonic has never been changed, but at this point the more people know how to get around that, the better.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back