Tripel the fox

Community GU GU GUUUUU~
He's back from 2.1, ready to continue shooting all the things!
attachment.php

Tails Guy, being essentially Doomguy but with SSN's beautiful Tails head, weilds an arsenal of guns to shoot people with.
  • A shotgun that fires like an actual shotgun this time!
  • A rocket launcher, which he can use to rocket jump. That wasn't a thing in Doom, but you'll be very glad once you see his jump height...
  • A chain gun with a rapid fire, though using it slows him down.
Also worth noting is that he doesn't use rings for health, instead he has a limited amount of hp. It might sound good, since it can be restored with rings, but you might find later on its more of a hindrance than a help... He does, however, have a bonus for getting all 7 emeralds...
You may also want to play in OpenGL if you find looking up and down in software makes you nauseous, even if OpenGL looks a bit off.

Status bar and continue sprites were made by Maximus Universal.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20028.gif
    srb20028.gif
    6 MB · Views: 2,288
  • srb20029.gif
    srb20029.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 1,948
  • srb20030.gif
    srb20030.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,894
  • srb20031.gif
    srb20031.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,379
  • VCL_TailsGuy-v1.2.pk3
    793.5 KB · Views: 6,101
  • tailsguy.png
    tailsguy.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 40,602
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to releases! I'd be nice to see him updated to the new Tails at some point, but this'll do.

This mod is pretty dang challenging thus far. Already got all the chaos emeralds, and hoo boy that bonus you mentioned.

I'm only up to CEZ Act 1 as I'm typing this, and the chase sequence is a pain in the doomhole lmao.

Status update: CEZ Act 2 is extremely tough, the physics make it basically impossible to use the swingy things a lot of the time, so I gotta rocket jump a whole lot.

Final status update: I just beat the entire campaign. Holy heck it's hard to beat! I've had to basically learn to master how to rocket jump up walls, and BCZ Act 1 is just...it's something else, you have to plan out and strategize an entirely new route just to barely scrape through. I ended up having to get enough rings at the final section just to damage boost my way to the goal post. But hey, this confirms the entire campaign is beatable with this character! Also the final boss is real easy to beat with the minigun lol, the projectiles it throws at you can't hit you even when you're really slow, so long as you just keep moving.

Last edited:
I'm kind of sad this addon breaks if you also add the gibs addon in. It just sounds like a perfect combination for ripping and tearing.

Also, the status bar seems to cover up the status effects and item icons (shields, invincibility, etc.) in first person.

Didn't there used to be some webcomic starring Tails that was a combination of SatAM and Doom stuff?

Yeah, There's Something About Tails, done by PRDarkFox. Though it wasn't Tails so much as someone else's consciousness that got dumped in his body. The comic got canceled a long while back, I think.

With all 7 emeralds I wondered what exactly was different. I checked through my weapons, tried every button, etc, see if I could find anything new.

Then I went into third person.........

I've encountered a bug, when jumping on the platform leading up to the attraction shield in GFZ2, you fly really high for no reason. Couldn't recreate it for a gif.

Last edited:
10/10 wad, rocket jumping in SRB2 is absurdly fun. Sadly he can't beat BCZ1 however, Metal is just too fast.

10/10 wad, rocket jumping in SRB2 is absurdly fun. Sadly he can't beat BCZ1 however, Metal is just too fast.

On the contrary, it's actually possible! Just really, really, really hard. Trust me I've done it, it takes quite a lot of planning and shortcuts. e.g. Skipping the section with the treadmill by just jumping off to the left side, and skipping the entire lava section with two well-timed rocket jumps.

Tempted to record a demo just to show it off since it is pretty crazy what you have to do.

EDIT: Actually did it. It's pretty sloppy, but proves it's possible. https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqxxi0cm5fajwe2/tailsguyBCZ.lmp?dl=1

Last edited:
Hey, just found a compatibility error with this mod, it doesn't seem to like the Flicky mod and errors out with "14: attempt to index local 'mobj' (a function value)", and thus turns the damage system back into working with regular rings.

It's a source code bug that will be fixed in 2.2.1, which should be somewhat soon now.

so i found out that if a make a 2nd mod thats modded even more to move the health up it seems both values a p2, so i dont even know what can work at this point, all i can think is making the stuff part of the hud, but i understand thats hard to do.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back