Hello again, I've returned to upload a second level which I believe is better than the first. Greenflower Caverns. This is longer than my previous level and has additional features that my previous level didn't have but more importantly its fun. Feedback would be good and I hope you enjoy it

LP5AODJ.gif

Jyd7YzH.gif

5UOAc7e.gif

GcW6Q4P.gif

Additional Features:

• A Knuckles only path
    More challenges and gimmicks
    Slopes

Known Issues:
There are a few visual glitches because I made the level too big, I tried taking some stuff out but it still happens sometimes.

The moving blocks look like they go through the walls, I tried fixing it but I have no idea how so please inform me if it can be fixed.

Attachments

• S_GreenflowerCaverns_v1.4.zip
    73 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
I really appreciate your patience with this one. Everything checks out and it ready for releases. If you don't mind, I do have a couple words on this level since I've been playing this for the past three weeks.

As for the level itself, I think this is a pretty good start and I actually had a lot of fun blasting through the level with Sonic, checking out the Knuckles path, and even boosting through it with Modern Sonic. I do feel like the challenge and gimmicks that were thrown my way were a little stale such as crushers with the Speed Sneaker path and towards the end of the level however. Regardless, I still tried to get through it unharmed and had fun while doing it!

My main gripe for this level is if you take the regular path and I think by the first checkpoint you are presented with a path split... If you go left, you have to do some underwater platforming alongside with some PolyObjects moving about. I appreciate the challenge but in my humble opinion, I don't think it was fun. Maybe the challenge could be a little more forgiving with it by maybe only worrying about getting crushed by the PolyObjects instead of making precise platforming with nerfed movement speed alongside trying to not get crushed. Another thing I should mention is explore different geometry shapes of your level! Since this takes place in a cave, might I suggest messing around with how each room looks to look more like a cave? Slopes are a great way to start out with giving your environments a distinct look and feel to them, as well as a place where the player can walk around, run off of, the works.

My final thing I almost forgot to mention is the Knuckles path, I appreciate it a lot and got me to play Knuckles who is my third most player character. I saw at the beginning of the path you had different textures to let me know as a player, which walls are climbable and which ones are not. Good start! Later into the path right before the crushers I noticed the texture differentiation was gone. Always try to keep it consistent for Knuckles players alike.

Other than that, I liked this level. For a second map, this has a lot of potential. I highly recommend experimenting more with Zone Builder and messing around with other gimmicks and slopes! Really liked what I played, I'm looking forward to anything else you make in the future and to continue mapping! I promise next time it won't take me so long to review it for Releases lol. :)

Hey! I remember that you have already created a level before. Nice to see you again, in releases!

Well, let's get started!

This is not what a real waterfall looks like. A waterfall is the same waterblock as water. You can go to any official level where there is water (for example, GFZ1) and see how the waterfall is made there.

xgoVXZq.png

DgpcKGW.png

Why is invulnerability necessary here if there are no dangers nearby?

HgeaQwK.png

There are indeed many similar errors at the level, especially in the area with polyobjects.

Bg42qQE.png

Well, the level looks quite simple and pleasant until the moment where the fork begins. Let's go through each.

Right way.

Quite an interesting application of sneaker mechanics. You must use sneakers to complete this part of the level. I won't say that it was done perfectly, but I liked it.

IcV7MjS.png

Let's go to the left way.

Well, it looks scary. No really. Like I got into the water section of the ERZ. It's not that hard for characters with Spindash, but for Fang or Amy it's really hardcore.

I am stuck in the control sector. Bruh.

yIGUckV.png

When you die and spawn here, there is a great chance that you will not have time to react and this fish will kill you. There are also no rings here. Absolutely!

BOztNtd.png

I have nothing to breathe in this part of the level.

TlPf5P5.png

Knuckles Way.

Well, it's done well. I liked how you use the geometry of the level so that the Knuckles can pass the level. I can't say anything.

End of level.

Well, I felt like I was in ERZ again. It's quite unpleasant to go through with a sonic. But Fang and Amy have even more problems here. I didn't like this trick.

NFcKL5d.png

But, you can cheat by doing this:

WUaOoxP.gif

D1wGS1J.gif

What can I say in general:
- Your level is filled with a wide variety of tricks. And that's very cool, but
This is a GFZ-themed level and players expect it to be easy. The first part of the level is easy enough, which is good, but starting from the fork the level shows its difficulty. And this is not good, because it becomes very difficult. If it was ERZ, I wouldn't say anything, because ERZ should be hard, but not GFZ.
- There are few rings at the level. In some parts they simply do not exist.
- Let's be honest. It looks too simple. No, I do not mean that all levels have to correspond to the official levels, which are just as cool and amazing. But it is worth remembering that they were made by professionals. There are no decorations on your level. Look at GFZ1 - there are so many flowers and trees and it looks amazing!

In any case, even with the shortcomings, this is much better than your previous level. You have clearly learned something and it pleases.
I hope you find this review helpful. Good luck, I hope I see more levels from you in the future!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back