SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

FFlare (AKA Flare/Flying Sonic Remake) Details »»
FFlare (AKA Flare/Flying Sonic Remake)
Version: 1.2, by June Sai (The guy who re-made Flare) June Sai is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (5 votes - 3.60 average)
Released: 01-15-2020 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Characters Scripts Sprites/Graphics

What F stands for?

It stands for flying, I thought you'd figure it out just by reading the title
I'm very dissapointed at you.

Anyways, he's back, even if nobody asked for this, or even knew who was in the first place, but he's still here and with some new tricks up his sleeve and a new coat of paint to go along with it so he can do anything legal he can to stop eggman

This is Flare Sonic, or just Flying Sonic, essentially remade to be just more than a "funee meme character", in question of sprites, he recieved the "2.2 treatment" where his old SSNSonic sprites were replaced with new sprites to fit the aesthetic better, while also recieving new sprites for other actions, like having his own swimming animations, his old running animation now covering all the angles instead of just his back angle, and most importantly, his epic death animation brought back too, and he also has exclusive super frames for swimming and flying

Now for his abilities and stats, he basicly shares the same stats as the rest of the cast and has a regular jump height just like Sonic's, he still can fly like Tails by flapping his arms quickly in the air, but his flight is pretty weak, specially when compared to Tails (60 actionspd for Flare and 100 for Tails), so it barely gives him any height at all, so trying to stop yourself from falling is pretty useless too

But he doesn't just fly, he also has a dash mode, while he can destroy objects like spikes when dashing, he cannot destroy enemies/badniks (I assume this is a mistake in the programming since being able to destroy spikes while not being able to destroy badniks just because the ROBOT flag is not set on the characters makes 0 sense to me, honestly)

Flare also has a new ability called Flare Stomp that can be used by pressing spin in the air when you don't have any shields equipped, Flare Stomp is basicly just the elemental shield stomp which sends you straight downwards, killing any momentum you have and spawning some flames around you when you touch the ground, although it has a few differences, mostly that it's slightly faster, and you don't have a little bounce when hitting the ground, so you're able to act instantly when you touch the ground

Along with the new abilities and sprite updates, Flare also recieved new voice clips, 4 new ones for when you're hit, and a new one that has 10% of chance of playing whenever you die over the classic Doom Guy death scream

This started as just as a recreation of Flare's flying sprites, to turning it slowly into something more than just a new port from FSonic (in this case, Flare was still called F. Sonic back in the days) at the end of the day, it's still a meme-y character, but I think I've had threw my efforts on trying to make him interesting to play rather than to keep him only as a joke character for the sake of being a joke character, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making him, even if it's far from being as good as the other characters around the message board

Flare also comes in two version, one that has a custom super form music, that plays Yakuza 0 - Force Addiction over the regular super theme, and the other one, which plays the regular music, there's no differences other than that.

I'll probably try to make more abilities and balances for him in the future when I get the chance to, and suggestions would be nice too

Huge shoutouts for Xelork for helping me with the Lua script part and switchKaze for cleaning the code up.

Changelog

V1
-Initial release

V1.2
-Fixed the issue with Single Player selection picture

Download Now

File Type: zip VCL_FFlareSonic-v1-2.zip (2.10 MB, 80 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20130.gif
Views:	895
Size:	562.5 KB
ID:	25556   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20111.gif
Views:	892
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	25557   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20138.gif
Views:	676
Size:	6.50 MB
ID:	25558   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20139.gif
Views:	619
Size:	7.75 MB
ID:	25559   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20143.gif
Views:	462
Size:	5.91 MB
ID:	25560  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

I can't believe we live in an age where Flying Sonic can get into releases, as silly as it is there's a strange kind of effort put into this. Welcome to releases, you recolor who abides by the law.
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
teacup122

Ah yes, it seems the message board is slowly being overrun with joke characters, and I'm not disagreeing.

Also is that a Rocket Metal Sonic in the background of that one gif?
teacup122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
June Sai
The guy who re-made Flare

Yeah, it is.
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Cotton_Candy_2C

oh no, you finished it

why'd you finish it?

Anyways, I'm-a gonna make a legacy FFlare, see you when my submission gets rejected!
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Lolour

The first gif is the best one.
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
little guy*

I hate to say it, but I was looking for the original for the longest time. Thanks?

Just playing 2.2!
little guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
Simon_T
Pyro the Hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by June Sai View Post
Yeah, it is.
Will you release it someday? :0
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
June Sai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_T View Post
Will you release it someday? :0
I didn't make it, but it's somewhere around the SRB2 Official Discord Server, you can also join my server to download it.
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
Cotton_Candy_2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton_Candy_2C View Post
Anyways, I'm-a gonna make a legacy FFlare, see you when my submission gets rejected!

By the way, I'm not joking.

Hey, would it be okay if I added a little thing where if both mods are loaded, they can have a tag team thing?
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
June Sai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton_Candy_2C View Post
By the way, I'm not joking.

Hey, would it be okay if I added a little thing where if both mods are loaded, they can have a tag team thing?
I'd love to, in fact, I'm all up to make it into the official version, so we could have both the original Flare and FFlare as bots like we have with Sonic & Tails
Old 3 Days Ago   #12
June Sai

Fixed the issue that makes Flare's picture in SP character selection bugging if other extra characters are added.
Old 2 Days Ago   #13
Cotton_Candy_2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by June Sai View Post
I'd love to, in fact, I'm all up to make it into the official version, so we could have both the original Flare and FFlare as bots like we have with Sonic & Tails
oof it was rejected