Resource icon

[Open Assets] A Bunch of Cool Objects 2022-09-13

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

RoyKirbs

they/them frien
Judge
✨ Collaborator ✨
This pack is meant to give some extra resources for modders to play around with in mapping, more to come when they are made.

--SHOTZO CANNONS--
srPkTcB.gif

The cannon enemies from the Kirby franchise, although more inspired by the various turret enemies from Sonic 3D Blast. They float in the air and come in three flavors: Regular, Delayed, and Spinning.

--SUSPICIOUS HIVE ELEMENTAL--
jA2dWFG.gif

A very simple statue that explodes into a Hive Elemental when approached, also includes normal statues to help disguise the suspicious ones.

--NEGA-RING CUSTOM FLICKY--
Yz8Rtlt.gif

A custom flicky that has a grey ring pop out then explode after a few seconds, inspired by the same ones from Knuckles' Chaotix.

--GIANT BUSHES--
N9rG4yD.png

Some useful bushes made out of SRB2 art that could be useful for garden-like levels.

TO USE IF YOUR OWN PROJECT: Just copy and paste the sprite, and soc folders of the pk3 into your own pk3, each add-on is labelled so you may omit what you do not need.

The pack also includes a test map to show off each of the custom objects individually.

Modification of any of these objects for your own purposes is allowed and encouraged.

Attachments

• RoyKirbs-Resources_v1.pk3
    91.4 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
I'm not someone that deals with Resource stuff, but I think by seeing the gifs this Resource doesn't look dumb at all. Looks nice!

I may end up using those Shotzos in some future maps, they seem like they could be used for some really cool gimmicks. I'm super excited to see more cool asset packs like this one now that the resources section exists.

Last edited:
I can definitely use those bushes for SRB2 the Past. they're a perfect fit for the Museum!

RoyKirbs updated A Bunch of Cool Objects with a new update entry:

NEW RESOURCE NAME ALSO TARGETS

I didn't really ever care for the original name of this addon, so to christen a new weird name I present to you:

Targets.

View attachment 76294
Specifically targets that work like they do in Super Smash Brothers!
View attachment 76295
They don't break unless you actively "Attack" them. Spin jumping, hammering, shooting them, that will break them. No other way.
Setting an angle for the target will have it activate a linedef executor tag of the name...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back