It's due to the fact that Yoshi uses "PicName" in his SOC. This is something that isn't needed anymore due to the fact that "XTRAB0" is already dedicated to the CSS. If PicName is used, it will replace any custom characters' CSS with whatever character is added after it.

Is this something that I could fix on my own using SLADE, or will I need to wait for the creator to make a patch?

Also, it should be noted that Yoshi still has Neo Sonic's character select picture even when Neo Sonic isn't installed.

First off, let me preface this by saying this is in the pantheon of 2.2 add-ons as it stands right now.

There's a small bug that occurs grabbing an enemy (behind the ramp in GFZ1, the one near the emerald token, is a good example). Not only can you grab said enemy through the ramp, but upon spitting them out while still standing right behind it, they just… appear atop it at the highest point frozen, and die after about three seconds. Maybe there's a way to work around that?

Besides that I've had no problems with this green dinosaur. He's one of my favorites to use and somehow fits perfectly.

Just bumping this post because version 1.2.3 is out, and apparently people still thought Yoshi was on 1.2.1 because this post wasn't bumped when either 1.2.2 or 1.2.3 were released.

Basically 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 were balance changes to Yoshi for Battle, along with some other fixes to make the Yoshi experience better.

Hopefully doing this is still in line with the MB rules.

So, this might sound like a very stupid question, but were you playing in a private multiplayer server when you recorded these gifs? because it seems like you're the only character there (aside from the Tails AI in one of them).

So, this might sound like a very stupid question, but were you playing in a private multiplayer server when you recorded these gifs? because it seems like you're the only character there (aside from the Tails AI in one of them).

They were actually all recorded in Single Player, not a private multiplayer server. The Tails GIF was achieved by changing my character to Yoshi in the middle of a Sonic & Tails game via the skin command.

They were actually all recorded in Single Player, not a private multiplayer server. The Tails GIF was achieved by changing my character to Yoshi in the middle of a Sonic & Tails game via the skin command.

Okay, but if this was in single player, what about the colors in the gifs?
(Sorry if this also sounds stupid)

1. Many Minor Tweaks allows you to change your skincolor in singleplayer.
2. You can change your skin color without any mods, by using devmode 1 in the console menu.
3. You can also change your skin using devmode and using skin [skin].
4. There also exists a mod called Botskin which allows you to change your skin (without devmode) and be able to change your bot's skin.
5. devmode 0 disables devmode (cheats) and hides the coordinates that appear in the right corner based on which devmode flag you use (devmode 1, devmode 2, devmode 3, etc. have different results.)

Last edited:
1. Many Minor Tweaks allows you to change your skincolor in singleplayer.
2. You can change your skin color without any mods, by using devmode 1 in the console menu.
3. You can also change your skin using devmode and using skin [skin].
4. There also exists a mod called Botskin which allows you to change your skin (without devmode) and be able to change your bot's skin.
5. devmode 0 disables devmode (cheats) and hides the coordinates that appear in the right corner based on which devmode flag you use (devmode 1, devmode 2, devmode 3, etc. have different results.)

Ah, thank you! I never even knew about this until now!

Version 1.2.4 is now out.

Hopefully this will be the last update for a long time, and I won't have to make another one anytime soon.

Changelog is in the original post.

1.2.5 is out. It fixes a bug in Battle Mode.

That's all this update is.

There is no April Fools joke.

attachment.php
go home
attachment.php

Attachments

• FLY_A0.png
    FLY_A0.png
    810 bytes · Views: 1,015
Can you give Yoshi the ability to swim? I'm pretty sure he could swim in most if not every game he was in.

Last edited:
This is- wait, did you say he can gobble up his friends too?
Memories of Kirby in 2.1 Shudders
I've completely forgotten that Kirby was a mod in SRB2. I hope he'll get ported to the 2.2 too.

Anyway is it possible to have a LUA for server to disable the gobbling?

V1.3 is now released. Check out the OG post's changelog for more info.

Can you give Yoshi the ability to swim? I'm pretty sure he could swim in most if not every game he was in.

While that is true, Yoshi isn't exactly known for swimming, and I want to keep his abilities consistent between land and water, as is the case with most SRB2 characters.
Plus, being able to just skip over DSZ's platforming for free seems a little cheap to me. Besides, you can literally achieve the same result by going Super and flying.

Winged Yoshi being blue is a direct reference to Super Mario World right? Thanks for improving an already great mod!

Yoshi lags the game when he's holding a badnik in his mouth
Also, since Custom 1 triggers both the ground pound and egg shooting...
...Sometimes I end accidentally shooting an egg when I try to ground pound :y

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back