Resource icon

[Open Assets] NotUDMF (Scenery scaling for mappers) 1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
Seen in gfz2pog, this script allows mappers to change the size of scenery objects, enemies, monitors, and more. This script is activated in the level header, like so:

Lua.FakeUDMF = 20
Lua.EnemySize = 120
Lua.MonitorSize = 112
Lua.RingSize = 105
Lua.TokenSize = 160
Lua.StarpostSize = 110

FakeUDMF is a percentage value - it's multiplied by any MF_SCENERY object's parameter value to get the custom scale. For example, with FakeUDMF of 20 and parameter of 6, the object's final scale will be (6*20) = 120%

You can use this to have the Parameter value in zone builder act as a "scenery size" modifier for each individual prop. If the parameter value is 0, the object won't change size at all.

EnemySize, MonitorSize, RingSize, TokenSize, and StarpostSize are all percentage modifiers to the size of those objects.

Attachments

• srb20247.jpg
    srb20247.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 458
  • srb20248.jpg
    srb20248.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 406
  • L_NotUDMF-v1.lua
    1.3 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
I don't know what it is but I constantly get errors whenever I try to use this. It always says there is an error on line 6 and that it's missing an =.

im surprised i havent seen anyone use this before at least not that i know of, theres not many comments here so yeah. this works well for someone like me who cant get the ultimate zone builder beta to work for some reason so im just waiting for the finished version to come out on the MB but this helped alot with my map!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back