Resource icon

[Open Assets] The Sprixie Fairies: Wand Night, Wanda, and Wand Shy

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Honestly the current state of this thread is rather harsh towards Rrose, so I'll attempt to give some criticism at the very least that isn't straight up "Wow what the frick this is bad >:^(". My only issues with this at first were how the code was stolen, but that was soon resolved. Before I get into talking about the three, I'd like to congratulate you for spriting a full few characters. It's probably one of the hardest tasks for anyone to do that most just give up, yet you were capable of doing such. Even if it's them flying most people don't go this far with their first wads, but that doesn't mean it's completely flawless. Anywho, allow me to begin.

Playing through the Game

Well, at first glance I thought they would at least play/operate somewhat differently, but they all play the same (excluding the jump and ability to spin/roll). All three have the ability of flight, but instead of tiring out they fly for an indefinite amount of time. An ability like this is something that a few people would be interested in, but for the most part it makes playing through the game as easy as choosing Tails while adding a lua that lets him fly forever. It allows you to skip each challenge of the zones with ease all in the while having projectiles to protect them.

Each have two projectiles that are rather overpowered as it lets each blitz through the game as if you were allowed to use the boss fight Metal Sonic's moveset, but without cooldown or an energy limit. The wands they all have are capable of homing into enemies, but the only drawback is that you have to be on the same level as them for it to actually home in (which is actually good cause a projectile that can home in anywhere is capable of just destroying each boss). Then there's the "Wand Blast" that is... essentially their best tool. Using it was as if I were Vegeta just spamming ki blasts at opponents, but this time it actually worked. Not only are the blasts large, but there is no limit to how many you can actually throw out as you're just able to hold onto the key as everything infront of you is deleted from existence.

Their combined kits make them one, if not, second to being around the level of SMS when it comes to destroying vanilla levels. Though, this shouldn't be considered a bad thing with this seemingly being your first characters. Creating a character wad is a learning experience for anyone. People who actually do tend to make their first characters are usually trying to make them pretty much as best, but it can be a stigma that can cause you to deflect criticism. Though, there's ways that you can improve on these characters as they are now.

Suggestions

With all three essentially playing the same, why not try to alter the ways they play instead of playing them? Sure, appearances are a way to show that they're different, but gameplay saids otherwise. Wand Night could be the median out of the three as she is essentially the starting ground for both gameplay-wise, so she can be kept the same (though I do have a few suggestions about the flight/projectiles later on). Wanda could act as the Knuckles of the group as they could have more strength than the two of them, but fall flat in terms of mobility. Wand Shy could be less forgiving when it comes to their gameplay and instead become a more risk & reward type character like Amy since it seems that they tend to mess up in their bio. Go nuts with the stats, but not too much to where they're either unplayable or busted.

The flight is probably something that should be saved for their super forms when it comes to them beng able to fly indefinitely, but it's really something that should be dealt with first. It lets you scale anything without risk as two characters are capable of spinflying. At best there should be a limit as to how long they can fly. Wand Night could be in the middle with her lasting for a good while while Wanda could be the longest lasting, though with a nerfed spindash to keep spinflying at an all time low. Wand Shy could be the least capable of flight, but mess up in a way that gives them some sort of extra height as they tire out.

The projectiles could be... well, nerfed in a way that doesn't allow them to become destructive forces. With the wand, I feel like it's fine as is with you needing to be on the same level of the enemy, though I guess each could have a different effect instead of just homing in. At the very most, Wand Shy could have a chance at actually bringing the enemy to them or missing completely while stunning themselves for a few seconds. Now with the "Wand Blast", I feel like there should be some sort of meter/cooldown that keeps them at bay, but that doesn't mean you can't make it vary with each character or what kind of projectile they throw. Make it differ to where each has an advantage over the other

Though some of what I said seems negative, I hope you understand that criticism is something that's needed for growth and improvement.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back