This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I don't know what went on, but I want to say that there are a lot of people who have nothing but appreciation for what you are doing for those who make custom content for SRB2 (and how you were pushing things forward with UDMF).

Don't get discouraged, perhaps the next few months could see less time on any form of social media and more time in code and getting things done as planned. I hope you change your mind about dev. work in the future.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words. I don't think it would be appropriate to go into detail here, but I assure you that I didn't make this decision lightly. It has nothing to do with being discouraged about a lack of progress. Things were making great progress. But unfortunately I no longer feel comfortable with being a part of this community anymore.

Error when launching:
Annotation-2020-06-22-213008.png

Alright, I uninstalled and reinstalled ZB, then booted it up. I'm guessing the problem is the 2.2 config file?

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words. I don't think it would be appropriate to go into detail here, but I assure you that I didn't make this decision lightly. It has nothing to do with being discouraged about a lack of progress. Things were making great progress. But unfortunately I no longer feel comfortable with being a part of this community anymore.
This reply is late, but it should be made clear that we who make content for SRB2 will welcome you back should you decide to rejoin the community.

Thank you for all the work you put into Zone Builder so far.

So I have no idea what's going on here, but I cannot make Sectors, Lines, or Vertices at all in Zone Builder. I have done nothing to the software whatsoever, and reinstalling it does nothing. The button used for drawing functions normally when doing other things such as selecting, dragging, etc, but as of now I cannot use Zone Builder. What happened?

Edit: I think I fixed it. I have no idea how though.

Last edited:
As someone who just installed and started using Zone Builder today, I have a problem. If anyone can help, that'd be fantastic.

I've made a small test room in Zone Builder. However, every time I try to test the room in SRB2 Kart, this error window shows up.

parsing error.png

The linedefs have sidedefs, the floor and sky are unchanged. There's a start point.

I've got the three default SRB2 configurations on -- 2.1, Kart 1.0 and Top Down 1.0 -- and nothing else.

The only resource I'm using is srb2.pk3.

Is there something I'm missing?

Keep in mind, if it matters, I'm trying to make a level for Kart, not normal SRB2.

Last edited:
Here's an updated config which adds the new linedef types from 2.2.5, alongside some small bugfixes.

Attachments

• SRB2-22.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 573
...I didn't realize this was directed at me for some reason.

Okay, I've downloaded the config. How do I get it to show up in the builder? Where do I put it?

...I didn't realize this was directed at me for some reason.

Okay, I've downloaded the config. How do I get it to show up in the builder? Where do I put it?
Insert with replacement.

Attachments

• Скриншот 18-07-2020 133114.png
    Скриншот 18-07-2020 133114.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 292
  • Скриншот 18-07-2020 133833.png
    Скриншот 18-07-2020 133833.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 269
Sorry for taking so long!

So, I FINALLY got around to checking to see if this fixed it. I made a whole new map. Followed the instructions on the wiki, have all the SRB2 configs including the new one, made sure the engine was SRB2 Kart V1.2, hit test, and...

The exact same error window. I don't get it.

...Wait, there's more this time. Afterwards, a window popped up labelled "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" with some error text. I'll just copy and paste it here:

Error in System.Windows.Forms:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Launcher.ProcessOnExited(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.OnExited()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.RaiseOnExited()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.CompletionCallback(Object context, Boolean wasSignaled)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.WaitOrTimerCallback_Context(Object state, Boolean timedOut)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.WaitOrTimerCallback_Context_f(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

Turns out this was a crash report. After closing the window, all of ZB closed.

...I have no idea what any of this means. Someone help?

From what I have read on Discord and the wiki, the eventual goal is to eventually switch the entire SRB2 configuration to UDMF (Universal Doom Mapping Format) so as to allow people to just use Ultimate Doom Editor for level building instead (which will open up modding for Linux users). There are daily commits being made (that works toward this) on GitLab.
According to a Wiki user article about UDMF, it may still need a separate editor.
Also, it's Ultimate Doom Builder not Editor.

Will there be a 64 bit version available for mac users with wine?(or even better an app) Because of catalina, 32 bit apps don't work.

well, no one could help me with discord, so I'll write it here.
after updating windows i got an error "A WAD file was not found or not valid"
the zonebuilder cannot find the file by logs. what could be the mistake? complete reinstallation and removal of all settings did not help me.

Attachments

• log-2020-09-20_12-44-30.txt
    2 KB · Views: 208
The App does really deserves its fame and glory, cuz despite how heavily modified it's the Doom Engine, its capable of an impressive ammount of things.

But knowing Srb2 doesnt only have english speak ppl, Will this program have an spanish or traduction to another languages, to make it easier to understand, and More accesible for Everyone

The App does really deserves its fame and glory, cuz despite how heavily modified it's the Doom Engine, its capable of an impressive ammount of things.

But knowing Srb2 doesnt only have english speak ppl, Will this program have an spanish or traduction to another languages, to make it easier to understand, and More accesible for Everyone
That would be really cool. I would love to participate in this.

Error

I'm making an SMK Rainbow Road recreation for Kart, and when I'm ready to load into the builder with textures and graphics ready...
I'm getting a "Flat lump xxxxxxxx data format could not be read" error, even though the format is correct. Even SLADE recognises the flats' format...
See attachments for more details.

Edit: Also note that the SRB2 (2.2) config recognises them as well.
Edit edit: I don't have 2.1 anymore, so couldn't test it here.

Attachments

• why.png
    why.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 219
  • OHWHY.jpg
    OHWHY.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back