Resource icon

[Open Assets] Many Minor Tweaks 5.3.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I went out of my way to redownload an entirely fresh installation of SRB2 just to test it out with no other config getting in the way. It works for me, so I'm honestly not sure what's going on with you. What's your spin key bound to?

Singleplayer, enabled midgame. No other addons. Pressing spin or any other button doesnt do tailsball

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

doesnt work if i enable it during the title screen either

Well...I don't know what else to do; every part of the script is working as intended. The only other thing I can think of is if you're doing it in local (same screen) co-op, since I haven't tried that yet, or if you're on another platform other than Windows and there's somehow a source code bug preventing this from working, like the unofficial Switch port or something.

EDIT: Okay, I found one thing that causes it to not work, and it's if you enable the addon via Pandora's Box while mid-session. If you did it that way, it doesn't work. That is the only thing I have been able to find that breaks it, in which exiting and going back into a level fixes this.

Tails descends so i doubt its a button config problem tho

Last edited:
Pandora's Box? What's that. Im literally just pressing spin while flying in greenflower zone singleplayer, nothing else. /shrug

Version 0.6 is now released! This includes a new command, classicsuper, which lets you transform into super sonic just by jumping, much like how Sonic 2 did it!

Superkey can also be disabled now, which will help fix compatibility with mods like the Classic.wad mod found in the lua section. Oh and, preserveshield now carries over from act 2 to act 3, this wasn't happening before due a fault in the detection of what stage you're in.

Enjoy!

Awww, everysuper was removed? Why are there still gifs showing it in though?

also what was every super suppose to do? as far as I can figure it was suppose to allow everyone to go super as the Name implies and not just those who have a super state.

Last edited:
It just allowed everyone to go super. Due to how the superkey works, it can't work that way anymore, cuz now everyone is allowed to go super by default; the replacement for disabling the functionality now is disablesuper. I'm not sure how to read a character's default character flags (other than maybe using the ironically named super function), so that's how it works for now.
Awww, everysuper was removed? Why are there still gifs showing it in though?

also what was every super suppose to do? as far as I can figure it was suppose to allow everyone to go super as the Name implies and not just those who have a super state.

EDIT: Now that this is a requested feature (even if it is by one person), I went ahead and found a way to detect the player's super flag at the start of the area, ergo I'll find a way to introduce everysuper once more.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Sorry for what's technically a double post, but it's here, v0.7 is now out!
This was a bigger update than expected, jam-packed full of bug fixes! It also adds a new command, viewbobbing, which lets you disable the bobbing in first-person view! Also everysuper is now back, replacing disablesuper (though you can still disable all super character's abilities if you want). Unfortunately, banskin is currently disabled due to synching issues found with it (which has always been present), it should be re-enabled by the next update hopefully!

Incidentally, I rewrote some of tailsball's code, so maybe this will fix it for the people who were saying it wasn't working for them, but I'm not sure since I have yet to replicate their issue.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
The effect of your viewbobbing command can already be accomplished by typing "movebob 0" into the console. I'd forgive you for not knowing this however, I haven't seen it documented anywhere.

Tailsball now works for me. I don't know why it didn't in the first place tho :/. Anyway I can't fly, drop, land on an enemy, and resume flight. Maybe that's intentional, but it would be cool to be able to resume flight after dropping on an enemy to get some height and speed.

Ahh, yeah I didn't see a lick of info about it on the wiki, besides how viewbobbing is calculated. I'll remove it in the next update then, thanks for the info.

The effect of your viewbobbing command can already be accomplished by typing "movebob 0" into the console. I'd forgive you for not knowing this however, I haven't seen it documented anywhere.

v0.8 is now out! With it, out goes the viewbobbing command (since it's already a part of the game), in comes the return of banskin (since it now functions correctly), and a new command, classicspecialstage enters the ring! This command removes all the emerald tokens, replacing it's functionality by letting you enter the special stage when you finish the stage with 50 rings!

And as per usual, buttload of bugfixes has been implemented!

Or SONIC3 Special Stage, where you go into a special stage when you get the token. As it encourages exploration. The tokens are just an easier version to program as it doesnt have to remember location, rings, shield, etc.
Also you did remove "remember shield" from NiGHTS and MP Special Stages right? Cause getting EVERYTHING in a 100 MILE RADIUS with Attraction Shield feels like cheating and I *never* want to use it. It's a free rainbow A i guess, if you don't want to earn anything using your own skill. Since Sonic 2, you've been able to get multiple chaos emeralds in one stage, which makes it a double plus. I doubt you'd be able to hide a "big ring" under that bridge in gfz2. So try some new locations I guess, thats if you can. Big Rings don't really fit in the token locations, so I doubt they'd be added. They'd have to be in different locations, and thats if it can be programmed anyway. z

Last edited:
Another day, another update. We're slowly approaching the 1.0 release, but for now, we have v0.9!

With this comes not new commands, but refinements of old(-ish). Most prominently, tailsball and tokentorings have new custom sounds! As such this is now bundled in a .pk3 file. Tailsball also received a new mode, which I dub "bop mode", for it lets you have some form of flight again after boppin' an enemy on their head! It's not full flight, but it does let you glide on over a lot easier after doing so, allowing easy chaining of enemy hits!

On top of all of that, banskin has received a number of new tweaks to make it work better, for one thing it now shows a HUD display instead of spamming the console for the player to change their skin. It also now no longer allows players to ringsling/flag throw, just for incase the skin was banned mid-session. And finally, instead of playing the skidding sound, it plays an error sound when choosing a banned skin.

Here's to hoping I can get 1.0 to have some nice and spicy features!

Well, when I use the Attraction Shield's "Homing Attack", I can combo into fly... unless thats normal. Tailsball still doesnt work idk why.z

I don't know if this has been noted at all yet but for some strange reason the super cancel key stays as spin even when using the command to change it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate what happened to me earlier, where the super transformation kept spazzing out and I didn't get to go super. I know the gif below doesn't look like it shows, but in vanilla gameplay, Amy can use the spin button during a jump to use her hammer as well and I had used it due to the super cancel key even when it was changed to toss flag via the command. Oh and pressing toss flag didn't work either.
srb20034.gif

Last edited:
Well dang, yeah cancelsuper(key) doesn't work in multiplayer, idk why, I'll go fix that. However, I wasn't able to replicate your problem with amy, neither in singleplayer or multiplayer.

EDIT: I went ahead and found the state value of amy when she's spinning due to pressing jump in mid-air, I'll make sure to add that in as something to not detect, despite it not being replicable for me.

I don't know if this has been noted at all yet but for some strange reason the super cancel key stays as spin even when using the command to change it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate what happened to me earlier, where the super transformation kept spazzing out and I didn't get to go super. I know the gif below doesn't look like it shows, but in vanilla gameplay, Amy can use the spin button during a jump to use her hammer as well and I had used it due to the super cancel key even when it was changed to toss flag via the command. Oh and pressing toss flag didn't work either.
srb20034.gif

Last edited:
And now, we've finally arrived at v1.0! Loads of changes, and now everything has been bugfixed so hard that...uh, something.

Two new commands, mmtdefaults, and toggleafk! mmtdefaults sets everything back to default, and toggleafk lets the player be set into an AFK state, where they can't do anything, but nothing can hurt them either.

Bug fixes like cancelsuperkey not working in multiplayer has been resolved, along with long-standing bugs like fademusic going out when not everyone is finished has been resolved too! The code has also been optimized in a lot of areas to not take up that much space.

Enjoy! This should be the last update for the next while!
Do note that from this point forward, bugfixes will be addressed in letter updates, e.g. v1.0B would have bugfixes that this version specifically had, so that we don't go long stretches without fixes.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back