SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

Custom gamedata - Allows you to create save files with addons Details »»
Custom gamedata - Allows you to create save files with addons
Developer Last Online: Jun 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.80 average)
Released: 12-15-2019 Last Update: Never Favourites: 9
Scripts Re-Useable Content

This is a very simple SOC script that creates a custom gamedata, which therefore allows you to create save files while using addons. If what I said is too confusing, maybe this will make more sense to you:

HOW TO USE:
1. Load all the addons that you want to use.
2. Load v_customsave-v1.soc as the very last file.
3. When you come back to play again later, make sure you load everything in the same order, or else you may run into problems. (Save files save your skin as a number. If you load skins in a different order, your save file may end up as a different character.)

Another little caveat is that, since this is a new gamedata, unlockables and records will be reset while this script is loaded. Don't worry, you'll still have everything in your non-modified game, but you'll have to do everything again here.

Hopefully in the future we'll be able to provide a better solution for saving while using addons. It is something I have pushed for during development, and it seems like something most other people on the team would like to have, but we had more pressing things to tend to at the time (like finishing 2.2). This should tide you guys over until then.

---

I have added a batch script that should allow you to convert your existing SRB2 saves and records (unlockables, emblems) to work with the custom gamedata addon. Just run Convert Save to Custom Gamedata.bat and follow the prompts. This will create copies of your saves that can be used with V_customsave-v1.soc. They will be separate files, so any progress you make in vanilla or custom will not carry over to the other from that point on.

Download Now

File Type: zip V_customsave-v1.zip (181 Bytes, 3717 views)
File Type: zip Convert Save to Custom Gamedata.zip (564 Bytes, 1560 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.png
Views:	9255
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	23551  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 04-09-2020   #22
Lamibe

For the script converting the saves isn't it dangerous to just replace the names ? Nice the files are small and are very unlikely to have "main" somewhere inside.

Last edited by Lamibe; 04-09-2020 at 01:53 PM.
Lamibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020   #23
Spiky

Thank you, this is something that should be in vanilla SRB2.
Spiky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020   #24
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky View Post
Thank you, this is something that should be in vanilla SRB2.
I agree a lot on this but how will this be implemented if the character data isn't loaded yet? Could SRB2 be able to create a secondary save menu for those?
Old 04-18-2020   #25
MRoach
íReremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I agree a lot on this but how will this be implemented if the character data isn't loaded yet? Could SRB2 be able to create a secondary save menu for those?
Yes, making a file once you add a mod or something; giving it random names depending in which mods are added.
Old 04-18-2020   #26
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
Originally Posted by XleederTH View Post
Yes, making a file once you add a mod or something; giving it random names depending in which mods are added.
I'll talk about it in the suggestions thread.
Old 04-29-2020   #27
Winins
SRB2C Researcher

Neat little script! However, when I was converting my all emerald save, I think the batch file missed some emeralds.

EDIT1:I also noticed my score ends with an impossible 7. How did that happen?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20029.png
Views:	89
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	30391   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20030.png
Views:	85
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	30392  

Last edited by Winins; 04-29-2020 at 06:49 PM.
Winins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020   #28
VGBoy
The Only Beat Main on SRB2K

Is there an equivalent of the "Convert Save to Custom Data" script for Mac versions?
VGBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020   #29
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winins View Post
Neat little script! However, when I was converting my all emerald save, I think the batch file missed some emeralds.

EDIT1:I also noticed my score ends with an impossible 7. How did that happen?
Weird, not sure how that could have happened. Literally the only thing the script does is replace "main" with "custom_gamedata". I know I'm a month late replying to this, but all I can say is to try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGBoy View Post
Is there an equivalent of the "Convert Save to Custom Data" script for Mac versions?
Not right now, but I imagine it shouldn't be hard to create such a script. Unfortunately I don't have a Unix environment available to test such a script, and I'm not exactly an expert on shell scripting. Maybe someone else can make one? It's not a very complicated script.
FuriousFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020   #30
Winins
SRB2C Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFox View Post
Weird, not sure how that could have happened. Literally the only thing the script does is replace "main" with "custom_gamedata". I know I'm a month late replying to this, but all I can say is to try it again.
Well, I tried it a few times (since my gamedata kept corrupting because SRB2 stuck and I had to hard reset my computer) and it still misses emeralds.
Old 06-05-2020   #31
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox

Could you send me the save that this is happening with? I'd like to take a look at it and see if I can reproduce the problem.
Old 06-07-2020   #32
Dabir
Nitpicker

I've been having the same problem as above, I convert my saves and not only are all of them missing emeralds 1, 3 and 6, my Sonic+Tails and Fang files can't be loaded at all!
Dabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020   #33
Zwataketa
Game Developer in Training

This is definitely off topic, but I see in the picture that there is a Shadow mod, however I have been unable to find a Shadow mod for 2.2. Is there one and I'm just missing it, or is it from an older version?
Zwataketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020   #34
SpeedSword

you madman, who tf doesn't get any emeralds by techno, great addon BTW, use it a lot to save with modern sonic
SpeedSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020   #35
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwataketa View Post
This is definitely off topic, but I see in the picture that there is a Shadow mod, however I have been unable to find a Shadow mod for 2.2. Is there one and I'm just missing it, or is it from an older version?
This is an unofficial port that isn't available here. I wouldn't recommend using them as they're often glitchy.
When the official 2.2 Shadow comes out I'll play it
Old 06-14-2020   #36
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to look into this bug. I'm no longer working on anything related to SRB2.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #37
tyson_ilonor

umm i did that but i couldnt play the game with mods i only had my unlocked things and secrets
tyson_ilonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #38
YeetMan

How do you use this on Android port?
YeetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #39
FoxDude

You kind of got to do that by loading an char pack and then an map pack. Example: load modern first the apologue pack, now you can make an custom save without this soc.
Too bad this glitch only works in custom mappacks, but we have this so yeah.
Also i found an shadow mediafire download through sonickid's channel, but the super form ability is broken as it turns your jump sprites into MT_UNKNOWN for some odd reason characters that spin have their spin sprites fine even though its the same sprites as the jump, this is getting long so im stopping.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeetMan View Post
just go in the game and load it, is there something wrong?

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeetMan View Post
just go in the game and load it, is there something wrong?
FoxDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #40
ArleNadjaGUY
Arle Nadja Master

You can use this in Marathon mode, which is nice.

>:]
Old 1 Week Ago   #41
Hacker 101

Hmmmm I have a question if I don't create a save with a mod character does that mean I don't have to load that specific character
Hacker 101 is offline   Reply With Quote