Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
(...and like a week of splicing. This thing is kind of a mess.)
A bunch of crazy people signed up for this thing and here's the result. Unfortunately, due to SRB2's flat limitations and other technical issues, the whole thing was made into a 3 act zone. The final act contains most of the really difficult rooms.

Thanks to all the chads who submitted a map, helped fix map errors, and those who helped me plan this. Also, a huge thank you to Sphere who did like 99% of the splicing work.

The full list of credits is below.

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• srb20103.png
    srb20103.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 1,499
  • VSL_24hrSRB2-v1.pk3
    5.2 MB · Views: 2,286
Last edited by a moderator:
when you grab a whirlwind shield and the next level forces a pity shield on you

I'm honestly amazed we managed to pull this off. Huge thanks to Krabs, sphere, and every one of you who contributed for making this possible!

We all had our fun, ups and downs as well.
In the end it made us something that's truly extraordinaire (painful)

Don't try beating yourself up in Act 3, okay?

It was crazy to participate for starters. I really put about 5ish hours on my segment.

Anyways, great to see it released!

This may be some kind of mess but its a fun mess, im really happy this got into releases!

How on earth do those electric magnetic spheres work? You can't jump away from them, they just chaotically throw you in random directions and your input does nothing. You're stuck flying every which way until you randomly hit the water in the middle and you get flung violently away from it. They fling me into the ground or a bottomless pit 90% of the time.

Super glad to see this finally pushed out, a massive congrats to everyone involved! I'm honestly really surprised how seamless and cohesive these levels turned out in practice!

Although Act 3 was an... interesting experience to say the least...
PHvnfiE.png

I'm so proud that we made it! Tho, there's now a reason why Inazuma got his legs broken :>

My entry was made in only two hours because I was preoccupied with an assignment. Either way, it's crazy to see this finally come out.

This is also the first time any one of my "maps" have been publicly released, so that's cool.

I noclipped through Inazuma's section, but played the rest legit. Some rough edges here, but overall I had a lot of fun! It's really breathtaking just how much talent and creativity is in the community right now.

My first real mapping experience

Before this, I wasted a lot of time building a lot of unfinished maps, but now I can say: "My first finished map".
Not the best part of the map, but I enjoyed the experience!

Last edited:
You are right the part of inazuma ahead costs work in that case it is a good collaboration map good jobs guys (also yes the message was edited)

Last edited:
Well this was an...experience, to say the least.

But i have to say, great job to all of you! Its incredible to me that so many people made all of these amazing levels in such a short amount of time. Some had really nice art, others had fun gimmicks and ideas, like the electric shield grapple for example.

But i also need to talk about how some of them had... confusing level design. I'll have to admit i got lost on Namek and a few others, but its understandable since coming up with something in less than a day can be frustrating.

I'd love to talk about each level, but it would take a bunch of time lol, and i'm not the best critic. But i'll just say that overall: it was a mess, a fun, weird, sometimes frustrating, but mostly fun mess.

Man, I really wanted to like this, but some of you have... an odd approach to difficulty. I was quite baffled to find that multiple levels force you to platform on slopes maybe a dozen degrees off from being a 90 degree wall.

There were a few highlights though. I think my favorite level was the first section in Act 3, the Castle Eggman-themed level (by Evertone? I think so). Challenging, but mostly fair, nicely building on a single concept that wouldn't feel out of place as a Challenge Level in the main game. Nice work!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back