Jokes are supposed to be funny. This is unfunny punching down on the disabled.

This is actively something I would've rejected if I was still present on the admin team, so I'm left wondering why it's here.

Last edited:
The joke probably makes more sense with additional context. My understanding is that this spurred as sort of an injoke based on Inazuma's lore.

I haven't been following the character too closely, but if anybody is assuming that the joke is "fuck disabled people", then I think they're probably reading too far into it.

This is actively something I would've rejected if I was still present on the admin team, so I'm left wondering why it's here.
Then maybe you should have asked before making assumptions and dramatic accusations. You are, after all, a former admin who knows the people involved personally, and just as equally should know that kicking up shit in a thread over rules you aren't tasked with enforcing is unacceptable.

There's a bit of context missing to this joke and I understand why some of you would feel uncomfortable about this. I'll try my best to explain.

On the Official SRB2 Discord I was asked to give some insight on Inazuma's lore. One bit of his lore in specific that I mentioned was of his condition of living with Locked-In Syndrome for most of his life. I was explaining how despite his disability, he finds a work around through forcibly stimulating his muscles to move with his electricity powers. Some of the community members that were listening at the time made a joke about how Inazuma should be in a wheelchair because of his condition. From there it spiraled to a few community members making an actual wad out of said concept.

I understand how you guys may see this as putting down disabled folks but I assure you that is definitely not the intent of those who worked on this. I would definitely not have approved of this otherwise. If anything this was more of a jab at my characters and my writing.

Last edited:
Then maybe you should have asked before making assumptions and dramatic accusations. You are, after all, a former admin who knows the people involved personally, and just as equally should know that kicking up shit in a thread over rules you aren't tasked with enforcing is unacceptable.

Whoa, this is a bit much. There's no reason to start up drama here, some of us were just worried about mean undertones with this wad.

Thanks for the explanation, Inazuma. I appreciate knowing this wasn't made to punch down on disabled people.

Whoa, this is a bit much. There's no reason to start up drama here, some of us were just worried about mean undertones with this wad.

I agree, there is no reason to start up drama. There's nothing wrong with asking questions, but a little bit of charitability goes a long way.

To that effect, K.S. should have been in this community long enough to know that it isn't our style to shit on minorities. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I feel a little more tact on his part would have been nice.

Just so you're aware, while I'm grateful Inazuma did provide an explanation, I still would have found it inadequate and my judgement would have still been the exact same—I've seen the effect that using a disability as a joke has on those that are actually disabled, and it does not sit well with me in the least. Doubly so, considering this is an injoke among a few people, where others who lack the context will promptly turn it into that sort of a joke anyway, regardless of the original intent.

Don't make an assumption that I'm the one assuming things, and please practice what you preach, thanks.

Don't make an assumption that I'm the one assuming things, and please practice what you preach, thanks.

You have no business making statements like this. You could quite easily have made clear your concerns with the mod while granting the notion that the addon was made in good faith, but instead you went into full attack mode the moment you entered this conversation (and in fact you are still doing it; the only difference is who your gun is pointed at). Your concern for the disabled is commendable, but that does not excuse your open hostility.

I mean, without Inazuma's explanation (which is absolutely appreciated!) it's hard to assume the addon was made in good faith. When you regularly see hateful material in other contexts displaying many of the same approaches (falling out of the wheelchair is treated as a death condition, for example), the assumption of best intentions is next to impossible. This could potentially have been avoided if the lore was included in the first post, instead of - well, what pretty much amounts to a meme.

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, and you or your loved ones have been affected by ducks, whether the animal you're looking at goes honk (it's a goose after all, apparently) is immaterial to your immediate reaction - and it doesn't change that it floats on water in exactly the same way.

...I think you're all looking way too deep into something that's just made for laughs, seriously.

It's just a videogame character not a real person, jeez...

I would like if he could shoot lasers from his chair tho

Who needs to assume the best intentions, I thought basic netiquette was just an ever present requirement anyways
Look, I get it - we have immediate reactions. However, any emotional output can still be restricted... like, "stop and think" is a thing, right? It might've been avoided if the relevant lore was left in first post. It could've also been avoided if the first response wasn't aggravated hostility, though...

...I think you're all looking way too deep into something that's just made for laughs, seriously.

I dunno, I think this is an important conversation to have. I just wish people like Prime and to a lesser extent CobaltBW would be a little more civil about it instead of being all like "you CHOSE to be offended" like miss me with that bullhonkey. That's not how this works.

Nobody gets to choose the cards they've been dealt, some people just decide not to be ignorant about other people's hands. It costs $0 to stay in your lane and have some empathy.

Or to be more blunt, if Prime had just kept his unnecessary remarks to himself and waited for Inazuma to weigh in, we wouldn't still be talking about this. Inazuma's clarification was more than adequate and whether you agree with it or not, I don't think anyone here has anything more to add.

I personally find it funny. I don't understand the problem here, it was just an April Fool because people would expect an actual 2.2 port of Inazuma.

It's not "pushing down" a somebody or a group of people in any way (nobody is immune to any form of criticism anyway).

Enough derailing, I'm patiently waiting for Inazuma to come to the 2.2 when he'll get better

I'm gonna weigh in and then that's going to be it, there are important points here that need to be addressed, but this is not open to discussion.

What is funny is subjective from person to person, but this amounts to "This disagrees with my opinion on a social issue, therefor it isn't funny.". That's not a metric that's acceptable for judging. I would overrule you in a heartbeat.

You came in here guns ablazin' because something offended your sensibilities and immediately went on the offensive instead of even considering there was any validity here. You do not have the moral high ground you're pretending to have here.

it's hard to assume the addon was made in good faith.
This is not relevant to whether or not you can approach a topic reasonably and fairly. Jumping on the offensive immediately is absolutely incorrect from the outset. If you have concerns about something, I don't mind asking for reasonable clarification if you're up front and honest and not accusatory about the concern you have. That isn't what happened here. It's not a hard and fast rule, but Wikipedia's "Assume good faith" policy is a really good benchmark for how to approach things.

I dunno, I think this is an important conversation to have.
I don't. This is not about to become a hub for discussion about social perceptions around a joke.

I just wish people like Prime and to a lesser extent CobaltBW would be a little more civil about it instead of being all like "you CHOSE to be offended"

They're reacting quite appropriately to the situation. Two people who, quite frankly, obviously came back to this thread just because they saw something that bothered them and have not actively participated in the general community for years acted offended and being aggressive about it. You started the problem. You got called out on it. You have no business calling foul here

It costs $0 to stay in your lane and have some empathy.
Was this a personal attack against you? If not, I suggest you take your own advice here. Stay in your lane and stop trying to force people to abide by your beliefs, or otherwise make them accountable for you as though you're a presiding judge over them.

Or to be more blunt, if Prime had just kept his unnecessary remarks to himself and waited for Inazuma to weigh in, we wouldn't still be talking about this. Inazuma's clarification
The unnecessary remarks started with the obvious passive aggressive attitude you came in with and were inflamed by someone else saying "Well if I were a mod or admin this would never happen.". That is what was unnecessary. That behavior is antagonistic and you got the completely predictable response.

This is not going to be allowed to go further than this. Please keep all comments related to the actual release and not this past roughly page of drama. Thank you.

Last edited:
The gameplay was an unique experience, for better or worse. Some sections in which I had to boil down to using the rocket to progress felt like aiming golf shots, which was amusing, to say the least.

(Though I admit I suck complete shit at golf.)

I've had a blast with this with friends, but I honestly wished the eject button and actual jump were switched. Kept pressing eject whenever I was thinking I was going to jump, but overall great character.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back