Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropping by to say that the Sonic 3 final boss theme as the super form music was a pleasant surprise. Yeah, the character itself was pretty good too.

Sorry for asking but are the newer sprite still in preparation? I'm not forcing you to rush your mod but somebody said that you were working on that several months ago.

I still love that character as it is but this would be great if he gets a shiny coat of paint.

Sorry for asking but are the newer sprite still in preparation? I'm not forcing you to rush your mod but somebody said that you were working on that several months ago.

I still love that character as it is but this would be great if he gets a shiny coat of paint.

yes! I am working on the newer sprites, it just taking longer due to things happening in life.

Moved to Rejected Submissions as there is no file available to download.

Turns out this was deleted in the interim while a new version was prepared. As that has been uploaded now, this can return to releases.

I'd love to see what you've got in mind for the new sprites some time, but the new abilities are a welcome addition as well.

Absolutely LOVE the new playstyle, the launch hover ability is a ton of fun. I still have some critiscisms though:
-Acceleration and top speed still feel a bit disproportionate, you gain momentum extremely fast and your speed is capped off really high. I think you need to lower one of the two things to make him more balanced
-the evade ability is just kinda pointless. It isn't overpowered but it isn't useful either, it's just kinda there
-I think you should not be able to continue hovering after the initial boosting spinball part of the boost hover. The momentum and distance is enough, and that extra safety net doesn't feel necessary
Overall, a great character, but he has some balancing issues. Oh, and the sprites, but I know that's being worked on already

Uh, so the hover doesn't work while you're Super. Like, at all. He doesn't curl up for one thing, and also he doesn't, well, stop hovering, even when I let go of the jump button.

Uh, so the hover doesn't work while you're Super. Like, at all. He doesn't curl up for one thing, and also he doesn't, well, stop hovering, even when I let go of the jump button.
Funny thing, I just came across this bug, we'll work on it and get it fixed asap.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Glad to see a revamp of the character, mind if you updated the gif with the new sprites?
Unfortunately, the sprites are not finished. Take a look at the changelog for more information

---------- Post added 07-17-2020 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-16-2020 at 10:52 PM ----------

Mecha Sonic has been updated to Version 2.02 Beta. Check the changelog.

The hover glitch has been fixed now, and the not curling while super-hovering is actually intentional (the current sprites used of course are placeholders). I plan for the dashmode runframes to be recycled for his hovering while super (also for use when going above your normal top speed IE during super or using the super sneakers). I'll get CANINE to update the OP with the new fixes asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back