SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Kart Miscellaneous

[V8] HOSTMOD - Utilities for dedicated servers (+ SPB Attack) Details »»
[V8] HOSTMOD - Utilities for dedicated servers (+ SPB Attack)
Developer Last Online: Jul 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (9 votes - 4.11 average)
Released: 06-24-2019 Last Update: 03-26-2020 Installs: 6
Scripts Re-Useable Content

You should probably read this.

Utilities for dedicated servers. Display information to players, improve stability, script random or scheduled events, allow command voting, check for custom button bindings, more visible admin messages...a bunch of stuff.

All features are off by default. You control what the script does.

Documentation moved to hyuu.cc/hostmod since everything about this forum bothers me. Check there for full features and configuration.

(SPB Attack is no longer included in HOSTMOD. It's being rewritten at the moment, but a legacy standalone download is provided for those interested. Relevant cvars are "spbatk", "spb_timeout", "spb_waitmsg", and "spb_plugmsg".)

Download Now

File Type: pk3 KL_SPBAttack_Legacy.pk3 (1.21 MB, 71 views)
File Type: pk3 KL_HOSTMOD_V8.pk3 (60.0 KB, 33 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	mb_please_take_my_image.png
Views:	527
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	20361  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #22
TyroneSama
now "Tyron"

HOSTMOD V7 released. Some notes going forward:

- All commands have changed, consistently namespaced under "hm_" with shorter names. ALL SERVER CONFIGS WILL BE BROKEN UNTIL YOU UPDATE THESE.
- SPB Attack is no longer distributed with HOSTMOD, since the file limit has been significantly relaxed and it's no longer required. This shaves a few MB off the script, reducing it to nearly zero size—most of it was SPB Attack's custom result music. A standalone download is available instead.
- Too many new features to list. Seriously, read the command reference.
- Some defunct features removed.
- Clients can now auto-load their HOSTMOD settings (like clan tags and autoaccel!) with hostmod.cfg.

Last edited by TyroneSama; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:43 AM.
TyroneSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #23
Eldog

Quote:
ironman: Toggle IRONMAN mode, which randomizes your character at the start of every round.
Okay but when do we get finaldestination.lua integrated into hostmod
Eldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #24
Katmint

I've always wanted autoaccel in this game. My hands suck so not having to put constant pressure on accelerate is immensely helpful. I suppose there's the lost utility of releasing accel during drifts but that's minor enough in comparison to the benefit this provides for me to not really care about it.
Katmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #25
TyroneSama
now "Tyron"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmint View Post
I suppose there's the lost utility of releasing accel during drifts but that's minor enough in comparison to the benefit this provides for me to not really care about it.
That's sort of where I'm at with it, yeah. In the future, I'd like to add a "hold accel to release accel" behavior, maybe optionally, but I spent a long time trying to find a way that was both technically possible and felt natural. In the end, I wanted to get a release out instead of letting perfect be the enemy of good.

I'm glad someone else with shitty hands gets me, though. ♥

Last edited by TyroneSama; 1 Week Ago at 10:31 PM.
Old 1 Day Ago   #26
TyroneSama
now "Tyron"

HOSTMOD V8 released.
- Scoreboard now supports Battle mode, including eliminated players.
- Fixed a rare error print when the target of a votekick left before being kicked.
- Votes now treat "no vote" as "no" by default. Use hm_vote_allowidc On to restore the old behavior. This should fix situations where malicious votes require a response to be prevented.