Resource icon

[Open Assets] anglestand - stop automatically turning forward damn it 1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
srb2 is saved, you can reinstall it now everyone.
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20048.gif
    srb20048.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 10,651
  • VL_anglestand-v1.lua
    530 bytes · Views: 2,363
Last edited:
I second that, it should be in the game by default without the need to go back to the simplified gameplay option (thanks anyway fickle)

I don't know why, but the way you bolded fickle's name made that sound rather passive-aggressive.

Regardless, I like seeing an option for Standard controls to see the characters full rotations whenever you want. I have to say though the decisions the devs made to slap directionchar in 2.0 whilst still locking the ability to where the camera was facing was such an odd choice that makes little sense to me. It's like they made a tutorial to teach people that the camera is where the ability went but you could potentially forget that given that characters would just face where the player last moved.

But that's in the past anyways I suppose.

I don't know why, but the way you bolded fickle's name made that sound rather passive-aggressive.
Oh no, I actually copypasted the name of the mod directly from the thread so it automatically put it in bold when I posted it, don't worry I like the idea of making the mod into an actual feature in the game for newcomers (because analog controls were removed).

You can insert addons in autoexec.cfg, but doing that won't allow you to join other servers.
By the way, I thank Krabs for making this addon, it was bothering me that the characters automatically turn to the front.

Great! Now I only need Cobalt's momentum mod and everything will be perfect!
Only one Nick pick tho, when turning the camera to see the other frames, I noticed that the waiting frames never appear, but they only appear when the character is facing away from the camera, is this a bug?

Yes, this is a bug. The way my script works is that it's constantly fighting the game to reset the player's angle to its previous position. The problem is that any time the player's angle changes, their idle animation will stop playing. I'm not exactly sure how to fix it, but I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Yes, this is a bug. The way my script works is that it's constantly fighting the game to reset the player's angle to its previous position. The problem is that any time the player's angle changes, their idle animation will stop playing. I'm not exactly sure how to fix it, but I'll look into it when I get a chance.
You should probably ask to a dev (I dunno how animations are codded but I don't think that the idle ones are hard-coded to reset the camera/character position)

Maybe you could recode idles then? Create a timer that starts up when you stop moving, and if your p.speed == 0*FRACUNIT and p.mo.state == S_PLAY_STND or something like that.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back