Another small update this time. Not in the mood to release something bigger just yet so take this for now!
- Hopefully finally addressed the music not playing for everyone in Metal Sonic's stage.
- Gave a small fix to 2.1Knux. Again, totally free to make him far better if you want to.
Been a while, huh? Despite me now being busy with college work, that doesn't mean I'm not working on this. Still, nothing big this time around.
That's basically all there is. Have fun folks!
- Updated the maces to their latest version to keep it current. notify me if any bugs occur because of this.
- Attempted to improve upon 2.1Knuckles' code. The key word being "attempted". Shoutouts to Boi for offering to help out.
So I did yet another goof up. In my haste to update the files, I forgot to update Black Eggman's object id. In other words, I accidently made the final boss of the game unbeatable because he doesn't show up at all. Oops. But hey, at least 2.1Knuckles has SPRTINFO, so this update isn't completely meaningless.
So I got a few comments about CEZ having a few frame drops. At first I thought it was just nothing.. until I realized I wasn't using the latest version of the maces and chains system. This makes it so the maces only appear when a player is nearby, so hopefully that fixes the issue. Other miscellaneous things are:
* Removed some invisible barriers around a few spikes.
* Also updated the bosses so they should be their current versions from the Retro bosses port.
* Fixed a ceiling texture in CFZ.
And of course, introducing... 2.1 Knuckles!
He's not perfect, but I figured he was presentable enough to be included with this. If anyone is willing to make his physics anymore accurate than what I've attempted to do, be my guest! I'm not really much of a coder, as much as I hate to admit it.. Still, shoutouts to my friend A'Dilla for doing both NiGHTS sprites and continue sprites!
Finally got around to making CEZ a vast improvement.
* The chains and maces are now their 2.1 variants.
* Last update mentioned it as well but saying it again: Egg Guards are no longer stupid when it comes to multiplayer. Errors should be gone now.
* Knuckles path in CEZ1 no longer has maces in it, to make it more accurate to later iterations of 2.1.
* Did a small bit of clean up and deleted some unnecessary stuff to try and make the file smaller, even if just by a little bit. I'll have to look into that more.
* Tokens should no longer flicker in sprite form.
* Improved the way classic cacti are defined, to better lump them in with how I handle other retro decorations. Don't be afraid to use them for your own levels!
Basically about it.
So I finally found a way to fix the Egg Guard's errors in Multiplayer. Technically counts as improving on Castle Eggman, right..?
In all seriousness, thanks to Jon for figuring that out. Next update I promise will focus solely on the level itself.
Alright, I've fixed an aspect of the game I've neglected for far too long: the NiGHTS stages.
* Corrected the placement of spheres and rings in all of the special/NiGHTS stages, to make it much fairer to the player.
* Corrected them having a decoration errors.
* Also including SSNSonic and SSNTails! They're not too much different, apart from the fact that SSNTails now has accurate flight sounds, and both have proper NiGHTS rotation when it comes to models! Now you won't have to deal with them acting like arwings. Kudos to Elyos03 and Chuckles troll respectively for originally porting both of them.
That's about it..
Unless you wanna try entering tunes 20 into that command console like old times.