• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Would anyone be on board with helping bring Vector to SRB2? (Indefinite Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main reason I don’t hand out unfinished mods to just anybody is because they usually don’t understand what the purpose of beta testing is
Lol, I'd be the same way if I were to make mods.

The sprites looks awesome
But it needs a lot of work to complete him
Try checking sonic fandom wiki for abilities
He already has concept art for the abilities, I think if said abilities from the concept art was implemented it would be great. Currently he's working on the sprites, and requests people more knowledged in LUA to script the abilities.

wow incredible the sprite but it lacks the thorns in its back thought to add + tried to redo the head of vector in its original design it looks like this

Attachments

• db200f96f512e7bba6646f68a8c5cdcfdd9b6406_hq.jpg
    db200f96f512e7bba6646f68a8c5cdcfdd9b6406_hq.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,000
Not sure if you've been told, but bread's already been working on sprites for a Vector mod (+ a few others). Don't know if I'm allowed to post their sprites here, but to give you an idea of what they're doing, they're all based on a sprite created by MotorRoach. Maybe you wanna take some notes or even merge?
Knowing this just initiated a whole lot of emotions, none of which are good, and is tempting me to stop this project now so I don't inevitably waste my own, and possibly others' time and effort on something that'll be overshadowed by a much better version of the same idea. Starting remember why I originally wanted to avoid trying to make existing Sonic characters if I ever planned on making a mod for this game after trying to make Bark. It'd be a waste of time to spend possibly months on something that is basically bound to be outdone, and just the sheer thought of having all that time be practically for nothing when others way better than me can do them so much more justice than I could just makes the process of making them more stressful than it is fun. Yet at the same time, 's not like I can just go back to working on my OC, which was much more fun to work on than any existing character, partly because the fear of it being invalidated by a better version is non-existent. But I already know no one'll wanna do the scripting for some OC, and I just can't stick with learning coding long enough to just do it myself.

TLDR: After two scrapped projects, and now being on the verge of scrapping a 3rd, I'm starting to think that at least as of now, making any sorta character for this game just isn't something I can do, despite how much I want to. It keeps landing me in a pit of self doubt and loathing that I can't keep letting myself fall into, and I realize that it also end up getting others' hopes up for yet another plan that'll never come to be.

Knowing this just initiated a whole lot of emotions, none of which are good, and is tempting me to stop this project now so I don't inevitably waste my own, and possibly others' time and effort on something that'll be overshadowed by a much better version of the same idea. Starting remember why I originally wanted to avoid trying to make existing Sonic characters if I ever planned on making a mod for this game after trying to make Bark. It'd be a waste of time to spend possibly months on something that is basically bound to be outdone, and just the sheer thought of having all that time be practically for nothing when others way better than me can do them so much more justice than I could just makes the process of making them more stressful than it is fun. Yet at the same time, 's not like I can just go back to working on my OC, which was much more fun to work on than any existing character, partly because the fear of it being invalidated by a better version is non-existent. But I already know no one'll wanna do the scripting for some OC, and I just can't stick with learning coding long enough to just do it myself.

TLDR: After two scrapped projects, and now being on the verge of scrapping a 3rd, I'm starting to think that at least as of now, making any sorta character for this game just isn't something I can do, despite how much I want to. It keeps landing me in a pit of self doubt and loathing that I can't keep letting myself fall into, and I realize that it also end up getting others' hopes up for yet another plan that'll never come to be.
You can have your own interpretation of the character. As someone who is developing three different Sonics at the same time, it is totally okay to have the same idea as someone else and just execute it differently.

You can have your own interpretation of the character. As someone who is developing three different Sonics at the same time, it is totally okay to have the same idea as someone else and just execute it differently.
Yeah, you're right. It's just the thought that possibly months could be spent on something that has a very real chance of being basically invalidated by another person/group's version that stresses me out, even if I know the way I may handle him may be way different that how someone else does.

He already has concept art for the abilities, I think if said abilities from the concept art was implemented it would be great. Currently he's working on the sprites, and requests people more knowledged in LUA to script the abilities.
I knew I just tried to help😅

Yeah, you're right. It's just the thought that possibly months could be spent on something that has a very real chance of being basically invalidated by another person/group's version that stresses me out, even if I know the way I may handle him may be way different that how someone else does.
Honestly, I understand that fear. As someone who wants to develop a few characters, it's stressful as hell to get something you think is solid and watch it basically be crushed in the popularity section for another mod of the same character.

yeah, same happened to me when I saw the 2.2 Espio...

edit: kinda interested in scripting this; i already, in a vector mod i was making, implemented some of these abilities partially

I think you should continue work on this even if there are other people doing the same thing because, You never know, The other people working on the same thing may suddenly stop work on it with or without confirmation. You never know. And I don't want it to end up where we get no mods at all from anyone relating to the classic version of this Character or it ending up taking years and years just to get a mod like this all because of the fear that it will be overshadowed by another creators mod of a character that isn't even out yet.

Last edited:
The next missing Chaotix member! Cool! Heavy's in the works, so just Charmy and Bomb are left! You Vector really looks cool! I hope for the best from this mod, cause so far he really looks like he'll be one good hell of a time!

If you want to contact me for help, just ask! I'm on Android, so I can just Beta Test and see what makes Vector tick by playing around with him.

The next missing Chaotix member! Cool! Heavy's in the works, so just Charmy and Bomb are left! You Vector really looks cool! I hope for the best from this mod, cause so far he really looks like he'll be one good hell of a time!

If you want to contact me for help, just ask! I'm on Android, so I can just Beta Test and see what makes Vector tick by playing around with him.
I really hope Restless Dipstick is still even working on it, Restless fears that it may get overshadowed by other Vector mods that people are working on, But anything can happen, They can get discontinued and never released with or without confirmation, And if creators let this fear take them over we will likely never get a Classic Vector mod at all or it will be years or even decades till one sees the light of day.

I really hope Restless Dipstick is still even working on it, Restless fears that it may get overshadowed by other Vector mods that people are working on, But anything can happen, They can get discontinued and never released with or without confirmation, And if creators let this fear take them over we will likely never get a Classic Vector mod at all or it will be years or even decades till one sees the light of day.
I know that, that's why I'm looking at a good future, instead of the bleak one you view.

Actually within the files of espio not I only found Modern Espio....But also Vector and Charmy in 2.2 style! so charmy is definitely probably gonna be made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back