• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Would anyone be on board with helping bring Vector to SRB2? (Indefinite Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restless Dipstick

A guy that exists
So, a few days ago, I made this sprite of Vector in the SRB2 to get better at matching SRB2's style.
SRB2 Vector Concept.png

I had no intention of making it a full character since I know from experience that I just can't get with coding. Drawing and animation is what I do best. However, someone DMed me about this sprite, asking if it were a new character in the works. I said no for the reason above, but they brought up how most characters are made through group efforts. So after some thought, I figured I may as well at least try asking. Would anyone be interested in helping make Vector?
Post automatically merged:

Made some concepts for how he could work in game.
SRB2 Vector Ability concepts.png

Plus, some Battlemod ideas.
SRB2 Vector Ability concepts Battle.png

Last edited:
This is so amazing, I love the concept art for the abilities and the sprite, and Vector would be a great addition with Espio now being in the game, plus I love battlemod (sometimes), and he could be a very unique character. Of course, I do know mods are very very difficult and very time/effort taxing to make, here's hoping you can find a group of people to make a group effort to bringing the mod to life if they're interested!

If you *were* to make it a mod, you could make a thread in the modding section, or ask on discord for help with certain things, but judging by the comment you're already in the srb2 discord. Oh and of course this is uncalled for but i'm also not good at coding either, i've only edited scripts and 60% of the time, it works all the time :knuxsmug:
the other 40% it loads up with errors or just does absolutely nothing :earless: :dramahog:

Also, if you were to make it a mod, I'd want you to enjoy making the mod. Take your time and don't let mod beggars get to you, sorry if it sounds like im begging for it, I'm just trying to sound enthusiastic ig

Oh and I brought up Espio earlier, I probably could have brought up Knuckles is in SRB2 as well. We have Legacy Mighty, which would make 4 members of the Chaotix if you count legacy mods. So I guess Charmy Bee and Heavy&Bomb would the only characters left that would complete the... 7 member Team Chaotix.
Oh wait I just DID bring that up.
Speaking of teams, we have Fang and Bean now, so I guess that leaves Bark for Team Hooligan.
Apologies i'm offtopic just thought since I was talking about teams

I would LOVE to be on board for this, but I have zero experience in making custom characters, let alone giving them abilities.

Oh, wow, I actually wasn't expecting anyone to be interested. That's pretty uplifting. If that's the case, then I'll get to working on his sprites, and'll try reaching out a bit more to find those who have the time to help.

The first page that you put with drawings is very easy to program the truth, but the second (the one with the gum and the vector singing) is already something more complex but it is not entirely impossible

These seem like really good abilities, i also would like to help with the lua, i just need to finish one of my projects.

these seem like really good abilities, i also would like to help with the lua, i just need to finish one of my projects.
Nice. If you're already preoccupied with your own thing, then just focus on that. 's gonna take me a while to get enough of his sprites made before his abilities can be implemented anyways.
Can he break floors and walls with his multidirectional airdash and not be able to fit under spin gaps?
Yeh.

While probably not necessary (as in he can probably beat the game without it), you could possibly make him rebound off of walls if he airdashes into them, his air dash also being able to break spikes. The first use of this that comes to mind is taking certain Amy paths that have spikes in them, and the wall rebound would just be a nice addition, I'd recommend looking at Rebound Dash's code maybe, it's the first thing I thing I think of when I think of abilities bouncing off of walls.

Hmm, realized something
Knuckles - Can break walls and go through spin gaps, and use the spindash revving route in DSZ2
Mighty - Can break floors (might be able to break walls, im under the impression he's just as strong as Knuckles), can go through spin gaps and use the spindash revving route in DSZ2
Espio - Can break floors and use the spindash revving route in DSZ2
Vector - Can break floors and walls and use the spindash revving route in DSZ2
Charmy - Probably uses his stinger to break the floor in DSZ2, otherwise he'd get stuck, but who knows, maybe he can break both, I think he'd have a move where he moves in a direction with his stinger to break certain walls if not all breakable walls... and floors cause of Deep Sea.
Heavy & Bomb - Heavy might be able to break floors with his weight, and Bomb can probably blow up both types, but unknown.

Most of the Chaotix can break floors.
Just thought that was cool.

In fact, if Knuckles was his Sonic Adventure incarnation, he could break floors with his aerial ability Drill Claw.
...or he could use Dig.

I would LOVE to help you, but I'm kinda busy next week because I got a lot of testing to do at school and it's kinda important, but after I would be more than happy too assist you in this vector project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back