• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

World of 123 Runite MOD v.0.015 (current)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is a slideshow link of Runite City Zone 1. Just tell me if the slideshow, for some reason, doesn't show.

CANCELLED

Good.

It's good I played the new version the levels are epic twice as big as mine will be. It took me almost 14 minutes to get out of city forest 1, that's good.

Some bad things:

1- The gate 2 is impossible, I can't seem to reach that jump.
2- Reunite City makes no sense now.
3- Oceanic Cove won't work.

I know it's called rivers end, I just don't want to fix it. A pretty good level pack, just not perfect though.

So, Oceanic Cove STILL won't work...... I just don't know the reason why..........

In The Gate Zone 2, there has to do something with the rings over the checkered grass texture........<------------------------

Runite city, use the rings to help you.

Congrats. This is one of the best examples of how not to make a level pack I've seen in a long time. Nice work.

Oh, ok. I'll just quit now... I don't know what to do just to make it better anymore.... it's all just criticism. That is NOT really helping. You guys just say what you can't do, and my game needs thinking. When you talk about a game, and what it needs help on, you HAVE TO BE MORE SPECIFIC. Otherwise, nothing will be done.

What?

Why does everyone keep saying that this wad sucks, it was good as is, all you guys do is complain about how bad this level pack is, It's pretty good, well reunite city 1 isn't good, but the other levels are good, I don't understand what's so bad about it. I do see the problems that they mentioned but it's not the worst wad ever.

Pehaps I should elaborate.

You really, really shouldn't be having the player jump on the boxes like that. Runite City 1 was completely killed by this. Honestly, the player shouldn't have to make jumps that far. If you could just include boxes for decoration, that would be great.

Also, many times I've encountered really small platforms that I feel like I shouldn't have to jump on them. Yes, platorfming is good, but I really feel that platforms shouldn't be that small.

Another thing: I hate racing against the clock. It really takes the fun out of a level.

I <3 how you turned around the Eggman clones thing. Good move on your part.

Runite City 2 was a bit confusing. Might I recomend some THZ arrows? Also, I seemed to be going in circles with the teleporters. If there was a way out, I was unaware.

Please, expand your levels. Sometimes, the levels are utterly smoshed by the little room to move. Two goos examples are the Gate 2 and River's End 1, though that cove thing looked like you were improving.

SONIC IS GREEN!! *sniffle*

Oceanic Cove had some ice that gave me trouble. Lots of trouble. Also, there were some randonly placed rings that looked ugly. Take those out, or at least group them together.

I hate THZ turrets. D:

And, yeah. I can't think of any more right now, so I might come back later.

This version has a much bigger change in the maps you changed. The Gate Zone 2 was quite difficult, though, becuase you can't touch the flowers at a certain part(I'm not telling where.).
BlueZero4 said:
Runite City 2 was a bit confusing. Might I recomend some THZ arrows? Also, I seemed to be going in circles with the teleporters. If there was a way out, I was unaware.
There is a way out, it's just a bit hard to figure out which way to go at the last 3(?) teleporters, though. When I got to the near end(where the streets are), I thought I was going to die because I had no time left to finish...(And you said that the bomb would explode in 10 minutes, but I don't think you fixed that.)

Another thing: For some random reason, I suddenly die, timer restarts, and I start all over again. Don't know why...

One more thing: Don't add on the rumbling sound, it causes quite a lot of lag(Unless it's just me..).

Chaos said:
You shouldn't give up because some don't like something.

I still like it.

Fixed.

But anyways, the levels aren't that bad. I did write a big review going through each level but my internet died on the post and I can't be bothered to rewrite (yet), so here's some feedback:

TG1:

One bustblock in here makes this a lot more fun, but some of the platform jumps can get repetitive. The weather change was a nice touch, but halts most computers when done, yet the change back is smooth. The cause for the halt is probably the choice in weather, try just rain and it may work faster (just a suggestion for a bit more flow).

TG2:

[badhumour]Don't touch the flowers? *Touches flower* Hey nothing happened. *Walks into first flowertouch zone* ...AHHH!!!! Currented slime!!! Why would they do that??? *Dies*.[/badhumour]
But seriously, it's not bad, though I think the 36sec special is a bad idea, despite it helping this review quite a bit. There are a few exteme jumps in here, which could be shortened (maybe on normal mode only?), but the wind shield hidden near one of the helps a lot for this anyway. The flowertouch zones are great in the wy that they are easy to pace through, but a challenge to dash through. Perhaps the death goo should be something a bit more logical than slime though, eh?

TG3:

Quite a nice opening boss, but the invincible is completely uneeded for it.
There also are a few too many rings in it.
[badhumour]Ask SSNTails if you can use The Real Eggman.ogg![/badhumour]

TG in general:

Quite a challenge for an opening stage, but I like it. Just maybe add one area or two that features some supersonic speed, and I (and some other people, I think) will be happy.

TBC...

O_O HO- LY- COW! THAT WAS AWESOME! You really did good on the levels, honestly. And here's a review on some levels.

TG1: This level is really cool for a first level. some platforms are a little small though. Yet the weather change gives it a bit of an End of the World feeling. One problem though. When it starts to rain, the game stops for about 5 seconds. Don't know if you can fix it, but it'd be nice. Ranking for level: 8/10

TG2: Can be completed in a heartbeat with Knuckles and Tails, but with Sonic, it's difficult. You may need to make it so that it's challenging with Knuckles and Tails also. I also don't get the thing with the Shrine. But anyway, good level when using Sonic. Ranking: 7/10 (you need to make it challenging with Knuckles and Tails, not just Sonic).

TGBoss: Not bad. Small enough for it to be a good battle, and nice decorations. Not much else to say. Ranking: 9/10

TG Overall Ranking: 8/10, Very challenging for a first level. But some stuff can be completed easily with Tails and Knuckles. You also need to put some ledges closer together.

RE1: Don't really know what to say here except that this isn't too bad. Near the end, it starts to look like a maze, but nothing too drastic. Rating: 8/10

RE2: Now THIS level is fantastic. There's practicly no flaw here at all. One of the best levels here. 10/10

REBoss: This is the opposite of the first boss. The room is just HUMONGOUS! It's just too big for it to be a boss level. AND you put two life boxes there. You may want to at least replace them with 2 Silver Ring boxes. This is not a good boss make. Make it shorter. Ranking: 3/10

RE Overall Ranking: 9/10, Not much to say here, cause there's not really any flaws here. The boss level needs fixing though.

RC1: THis seems more like a hangout thing than a level. Jumping on boxes 25 yards away from you is not cool. The rest of it is fine though. But make it look more like a level than an RP/hangout thing. Ranking: 6/10

RC2: Not bad, especially for a timed stage. The first part is hard though. And the instant kill black stuff... yeah. Pretty cool though. Also one of the best. Rating: 8/10

RCBoss: This is an awesome boss fight, much like RE2, except... it's a boss fight.... but the ladge thing with the rising water makes it almost impossible to complete with Sonic. But still cool. Rating 9/10

RC Overall Ranking: 8/10, Not really much to say except make the 1st act an actual level while giving it a city feeling. But except for that, good level.

OC: ...Woah. That's all I can say. Woah. This is the most dramatic level I have ever seen in my life. Though you need to do something with the lag when the rumbling starts. Ranking: 9/10

Overall: 8/10, There's some levels where you can do better, but right now, I'm tired, so I'm gonna go to bed. Good night.

Yeah, thanks for that, all of you.

These levels are supposed to be played ONLY with SONIC. TAILS and KNUCKLES will be forced to play other levels later.

News on structures in Runite City Zone 1. There is one completed, which is one of the subway entrances of RCZ. The subway hasn't been made yet, but that will be made once all the entrances are completed.
Currently, a mini prison is being made. The layout is complete, and I'm still figuring out what to put inside each cell. I still have to try to not make the game LAG SO MUCH... Maybe I should take out some of the lamp posts...

I'll try to fix all the things mentioned.

Anyway, some updates on the game are as follows:

Graphical Updates
-->SONIC is now BLUE!!! TAILS is now ORANGE!!!
-->Street signs now have a GREY backside instead of WHITE.

Scriptical (fake word) Updates
-->All emblems reset upon entering each level. NO SUPER SONIC WHEN PLAYING MY LEVELS!!! HAHAHA! =P
-->Shortened the script for Runite City Zone 3. No more centered scripts. These mess up the whole dialog issue.

Runite City Zone 1 Updates
-->Replaced the YELLOW SPRING in RCZ1 that goes up to the crates with a RED SPRING. Jumping from crate to crate will be the mission on HARD mode.
-->Moved the water shield closer so that you don't have to go all the way around the plant. Yes, I know now it's a pain.
-->Fixed a VERY MINOR traffic light error. (So minor you didn't notice it, maybe)
-->Put an exit lever in the Bank of 256. Get close to it to activate it, and the glass doors will open. Getting out will close the doors again, and there is NO WAY of coming back inside...

Oceanic Cove Zone 1 Updates
-->Took out A LOT of the rumbling sounds. That should have decreased the LAG issue, maybe. I still have to test it out.

Would you mind changing Reunite City's slime so you can see better?

It's like running like a blind mouse in there. D=

OMG!!! While I was working on my RCZ1, I did a really DUMB thing. I first thought my computer froze because of the Maptosvg software (before the v.0.51 release) AND also because of the SRB2DB while I was closing it. I then used the task manager to immediately close both programs, and I forgot that SRB2DB was still building NODES. I later on checked my MOD and saw that MAPA7 (RCZ1) is missing!!! I have made lots of changes to the MOD and forgot to create backups. So, now, I just lost everything since June 6, and that is a lot of changes made. Is there a way to reverse the problem?
I LOST THE WHOLE CITY!!!!!!!! Well, there was this one backup made, and that still has the city, but that was when I was playing around with the city and changing it completely by doubling the city's size, so I can't work with that anymore since it's all messed up... I NEED TO REVERSE THE PROBLEM!!!

People could learn from this NOOBISH mistake. Don't close Doom Builder while it's building NODES because you will lose the whole level. Also, make a lot of BACKUPS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back