• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

World of 123 Runite MOD v.0.015 (current)

Status
Not open for further replies.

123 Runite

Wait for it... *BANG*
Most recent area of the forum containing the most current update

IF YOU DONWLOADED WAD, PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK IN THE FORM LIKE THIS:

Part ONE
Scoring - Rate each category from 1, meaning horrible, to 5, meaning there is nothing to make it better, or excellent.
1) Game Play
2) Storyline
3) Gimmicks
4) Object Placement
5) Enemy Placement
*) Overall

Part TWO
Extra Questions
a) Does this MOD seem fun, and just like an ordinary game for a game system like the Wii?
b) What do you think about the MOD?
c) If this MOD is better than other MODS, or levels if necessary, which ones are they?
d) What makes the game suck?
e) What can make the game much better?

Part THREE
Any other information you could give.

Thanks for all of your feedback!!! This will really aid in the development of the MOD.

Oh yea. OOPS. I wish I could move this thread to the editing section. I'm terribly sorry. If you're a MOD or an ADMIN, could you please move this to the editing section of the forum?

Yea, there will be zones like those in the future. Maybe there will be a volcano zone after the Runite City Zone. I'll have to think of a story that has to do with a volcano. Maybe something like Eggman has to find a huge power source to destroy the whole world so that he could conquer it and rebuild it in his own image, and he finds himself next to a volcano...

I would love to use this. I downloaded it, then WinRAR, and I can't figure it out. I would appreciate a .zip, please.

123 Runite said:
Yea, there will be zones like those in the future. Maybe there will be a volcano zone after the Runite City Zone. I'll have to think of a story that has to do with a volcano. Maybe something like Eggman has to find a huge power source to destroy the whole world so that he could conquer it and rebuild it in his own image, and he finds himself next to a volcano...

Using a volcano as a power source to destroy the world is impossible. Try making it so [Invader Zim]that he will suck the innards of the planet out if they don't surrender he will turn it into a snack food planet.[/Invader Zim]

I have to say, this mod, is simply amazing. Not because of unlockables or other crap that people go for, it's the levels, and the interactivity.

The Gate 1

The use of multiple buttons would sound annoying to some people, but you pulled it off quite nicely. Although narrow corridors are annoying in most levels, you made them make the level more attractive! You pretty much mastered buttons and doors with this one. - 9/10

The Gate 2

It's a boss level, a small one... It's alright though. For small, it's pretty good. I like the storyline too. - 7/10

City Forest 1

As soon as I entered this level, I thought to myself, "Sigh, another cramped Verdant Forest Zone..." When I finished, I was blown away. Honestly, I didn't even know ANY type of forest level could be this mind boggling. I love the little easter eggs too. One problem I saw though, is that there is no way to get out of the river. It makes sense, because it heightens your awareness, but it's really a drag when you get caught in there the first few times just to find yourself trapped until you drown. The use of ambient sounds is nice though. Also, one of the springs before the 2 last ones points in a different direction than the other ones, and the rings are in the wrong place. Just wanted to point that out. (It's the ones leading to the end of the level.) One last thing, instead of forcing someone to hit the end sign, make it an exit sector! There are some errors I had posted down in the picture section, be sure to fix them! - 10/10

City Forest 2

Again, love the plot! The way you have to climb the mountain to get to the city was kinda fun. The jumps would be a bit difficult for some people, but it's easy enough. Although, the end of the level, (when or if you fall, past the turrets) you should have him saying something like this, "Don't hit these springs! It's one of Eggman's tricks! It will just lead you to the beginning again." Unless it's there to get you back on the bridge, I don't see a use for it. Also, 2 broken textures: One at the beginning of the end (that area with the polluted water) and one where the spring is on the ceiling, although you don't have to fix the ceiling one, because it isn't very noticable, you should fix the other one. - 10/10

City Forest 3

A lot of Eggmans, but it's kinda fun. The level is sorta overdone, because the Eggmen will just slowly come after you, after you kill the first 3. Although, it would make a slightly decent match level, I have to say. - 8/10

Overall - 9.5/10
(Not an average)

Keep going with it!

Pros
+ Excellent use of buttons
+ Lots of room
+ Exciting Dialoge
+ Rings Deafed
+ Small easter eggs
+ Item boxes placed precisely, whereas invincibility isn't right in front of you, and lives are hard to find (but they're there)
+ Great use of ambient sounds

Cons
- Some difficult jumps (not for me, but for others)
- Some springs don't reach the right height
- No way to get out of death pits (not actual pits, places that leave you to die)

I say, get some custom skys. They liven up the map, considering you get the right one. Remember, you can make weather changes as well as sky changes (you used a music change too) so use them to your advantage.
Some emerald tokens would be nice, but not needed (maybe you really shouldn't add them anyway).

That's it! I hope this review helped! Oh, some screens too.

Sorry, I have a widescreen monitor, so I resized the images.

srb20000bp1.png

The Gate 1

srb20001fe3.png

The Gate 2

srb20002la0.png

City Forest 1 - The bridge

srb20003xt2.png

CF 1 - The Trunk

srb20004gy0.png

CF 1 - Spring that doesn't reach the height (The one on the right)

srb20005iy3.png

Misc CF 1 Image

srb20007do9.png

River Bottom

srb20008an6.png

Spring that doesn't collect its rings (right)

srb20009fz9.png

Where's the right spring going?

srb20014ob7.png

CF 2 - The mountain

srb20015wp6.png

CF 2 - The factory

srb20016op6.png

CF 2 - The same river as CF 1! How cool is that?

srb20017lb5.png

CF 2 - Hard enough for ya?

srb20018kb5.png

CF 2 - The machine polluting the water

srb20019fx2.png

CF 2 - The bridge

srb20020pp4.png

Broken Texture 1

srb20022mg2.png

Broken Texture 2

srb20021py6.png

Eggman's Trick?

srb20023rk7.png

CF 3 - Boss

I switched to Tails to get some nice shots, of course I took them in netgame, because it's easier to switch maps that way.

Ok, those are some good screenshots. Now go download this mod!

You may use these 123 Runite for the first post, to show screenshots.

!!! is back, awesome. This mod of yours looks pretty nice, but I suggest not to overabuse decorations, because that could cause some lag on some computers. ;)

Most interesting about this mod is, that you can see the developement of mapping skills during the work.
The levels really are cramped in some parts, but they become bigger and the scenery becomes more interesting from map to map.

In fact I like that you used messages to guide threw your world. It makes you think, that you are working together in team with Runite.
Another positive point about this pack is that you put A LOT of work into them. I know how long it takes to create something that is this complex (I've never tried to imagine how long it has taken Mystic to create Mystic Realm O.o) and this really is amazing.

But there are other negative points, too:
- The bosslevels. Putting many eggmans into one map doesn't make them much harder, but much more annoying... Maybe you should try to soc your own bosses and only put one into each map.
- Little platforms. Some of your platforms are a way too small. I could manage to jump from spot to spot, but I was slow as hell, which is a funkiller in a Sonic-game.

Well... keep up the good work. I am looking forward to see more in future. :wink:

Yea... that is a great idea... but you know what? I don't really know how to use the SOC Editor. =P

I'm thinking about what kind of levels should be for special/secret stages. Maybe it will be just like Mystic's style of the special stages. Maybe I'll think of another type of secret stage...

Development so far, no links yet:
--> New shortcut in CFZ1 (City Forest Zone 1). If you want to really know where the secret passage is, check the MainCFG file when I release the next version, which will come up when Runite City Zone is finished. I apologize that haven't really worked on Runite City Zone yet, at all (please forgive me), but I'm ready to, once I'm done with fixing all the errors people pointed out. It will be quite a big stage, with lots of buildings, but you can't go inside them. Just like I said earlier, it's like all the stores and offices are closed due to Eggman's invasion. Since this is more of a "city" stage, there will be no residential development. Summary of this level will be available in the MainCFG file, and the readme included in the archive. Like I said earlier, I recommened to just read the text file included in the archive, as you might mess up the MainCFG file.

I'll tell you people if I can't find a way to fix those errors, so be ready. If you already know how to fix the errors people pointed out, tell me now, just in care I can't fix the errors.

Thanks for all the feedback, and I'll expect more in the future. xD.

Will there be scenery objects like people in it? It makes it more lke a city. It's best to make the city something like the Golden Ruins one.

Hmm... that is a GREAT idea, it's just that I don't really know how to make those either. Maybe if someone is nice enough to make those things, character objects... (that doesn't mean you HAVE to...)

Or just replace the Gargoyle's sprites.

From Segmentium said:
srb20020pp4.png

Broken Texture 1

srb20022mg2.png

Broken Texture 2

I don't really know how to fix this broken textures. There are no missing textures here...

I still don't know about the people in Runite City Zone.......

Please note when giving feedback, be more specific. Give a level name, and the problem. Just bringing out problems about the game won't really change anything unless you tell the whole problem.

I don't know what to do about the rings in City Forest Zone 1, the rings that follow the springs... It's just the rings that go to the right are out of range.

Sorry for saying lots of stuff that I don't know how to fix. It's starting to sound annoying even to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back