• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

World of 123 Runite MOD v.0.015 (current)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, since City Forest Zone is actually the first FULL zone, I'll get rid of those jettysyns. And that deton, it looks like I forgot to get rid of it when I made the death pit. And about Runite City Zone 1, I'll just replace it with a whole new level. I just can't make it run as good as normal levels.

So, it seems that those are the only problems so far that are noticed, eh?

123 Runite said:
Ok, since City Forest Zone is actually the first FULL zone, I'll get rid of those jettysyns. And that deton, it looks like I forgot to get rid of it when I made the death pit. And about Runite City Zone 1, I'll just replace it with a whole new level. I just can't make it run as good as normal levels.

So, it seems that those are the only problems so far that are noticed, eh?

Please make Runite City more like a 'city'. That includes more parks, people, and more than just big buildings.

Remember that streets can sometimes have curves. Think of streets called Crescent Drive as good examples. With enough thought and careful planning you could create a true city without all those nasty visual bugs.

TV Stations have a nasty habit of appearing right in the middle of a street and make the streets have to go around it like this.

....___
---|TV|---

I don't really live in New York or anything, so, I didn't really have an idea of putting TV's on streets.

And, yes, Runite City will be more like a city, not like a building catastrophe. About the people, remember, Eggman invaded the city, and the people had to leave. Maybe I could just put some people on the city, just still wandering around. But since I can't really draw people, the people wandering around are Sonics, Tails, and Knuckles.

I made the city start out when the Slime RIVER goes into a water treatment plant. I'll still on the work of that.

This has been lingering in my mind since the making of Pirates' Cove Zone. The water sounds there when the water goes up, the water sounds when the rocks fall, and the water sounds at the end. I didn't really put any ambiance in those areas, and I was wondering how to fix it. Anyone have ideas?

Hi people. I'll be taking a break from level making, since I got lots of things going on right now and I just can't keep track with what I'll be doing. So, anyways, here is a little screenshot of how Runite City Zone 1 will look like:

Story behind the picture itself
From the previous zone, City Forest Zone, Eggman has polluted the water, and from the past look of Runite City Zone 1, you didn't see what has happened to the water in the city. The new Runite City Zone 1 shows you what happened to the water when it reached the city. Here, the water reaches a treatment plant, which is supposed to clean the water, but since Eggman sabotaged the plant, it didn't clean the water, and the polluted water ran into the city.

If you have anything to say right now about this shot, please tell me! Thanks!

Ok. Click on the picture for a close-up of the image.

Preview of the NEW Runite City Zone 1

NEW Title Screen

Here is a list of some of the updates until now (no link yet =P):
--> Title Screen's Sky has been changed.
--> Level Select can be accessed from the Main Menu, for now.... until the whole game is completed, well, the first half....
--> Fixed some textures, aligned some textures, and fixed 2 hidden missing textures in The Gate.
--> Took out the Jettysyns and Crawla Commanders in City Forest Zone.
--> Took out some Eggmen in City Forest Zone 3 so that there are only 5 (Five).

Aw, I can't really think of something... maybe I'll just leave it the way it is and just credit him until I see something else interesting....

Maybe a sort of overhead map of the world with all the Zones included?
The Gate would be symbolized by a gigantic warp gate or something, City Forest would be a skyscraper with trees, Pirates' Cove would be a pirate ship, etc. Have a red dotted line to mark the route.

You are thinking of something like LUX-RB2 by ZTaimat? I was thinking about that too, but, for me to do that, I have to draw something... >_<

123 Runite said:
You are thinking of something like LUX-RB2 by ZTaimat? I was thinking about that too, but, for me to do that, I have to draw something... >_<

Come on, you can't be that bad at drawing. Or don't you have a scanner?

Quotes from #srbfun about this mod.

[19:52:44] <Mystic> It's overly confusing, Kroze
[19:52:52] <Kroze> I'm gonna play this "Mod"...
[19:52:58] <Mystic> The guy doesn't suck, he's just trying to do something well beyond his ability to do
[19:53:04] <Mystic> Can't blame the guy for trying, though
[20:04:49] <Kroze> Wow
[20:04:59] <Kroze> World of 123 Reunite fails
[20:05:20] <Kroze> The level forces me into playing as Sonic
[20:05:38] <Kroze> And then its not able to be beaten due to all the unbreakable walls
[20:05:48] <Boinciel> Spindash-jump.
[20:06:04] <Boinciel> Seriously, it's a good way to clear distances AND break walls.
[20:06:13] <Kroze> I did
[20:06:17] <Kroze> Wall did not fall
[20:06:25] <Boinciel> The breakable walls are cracked.
[20:06:28] <Kroze> Yes
[20:06:30] <Kroze> I know
[20:06:41] <Boinciel> You have to have a lot of force behind you.
[20:06:46] <Kroze> Why is there breakable walls there in the first place>
[20:06:55] <Boinciel> He felt like it.
[20:06:56] <Pepe> Wow. I barely played the first level and lost all my lives.
[20:07:06] <Pepe> There are almost NO rings. :|
[20:07:11] <Boinciel> It's EXPERTS ONLY! =D
[20:07:23] <Kroze> You force me to play as Sonic and then don't let me run fast?
[20:07:28] <Kroze> That is fail
[20:07:39] <Pepe> It's not speed run friendly, either.
[20:07:55] <BlueZero4> It has impossible platforimng.
[20:08:18] <Pepe> Runite probably plays as Tails all the time. :|
[20:08:18] <Boinciel> Actually the platforming IS quite possible.
[20:08:32] <BlueZero4> But hard. D:
[20:08:46] <Boinciel> Yes, hard is the word.
[20:08:54] <Boinciel> Very hard.
[20:08:56] <BlueZero4> And impossible.
[20:09:11] <Boinciel> And Mystic can probably beat this no problem.
[20:09:31] <BlueZero4> Seriously, I'd rather play the very first GVZ staff beta than that. *cringes*
[20:10:13] <Pepe> Level design is all cramped, so you can't even dodge detons. :|

Take note of this, 123 Runite. It could help you out.

Sonict

Ahhh yes...
This will be fun to go over.

So today I played this "Mod" and well... let me just take you through everything I said while playing.

*Upon loading*: "Hmmm... ok, so he has enough smarts to change the title screen.. maybe this won't be a complete waste of my time.."

*The Gate 1*
"Huh? What the hell?!??! I chose Knuckles! Why did it give me fraking Sonic?!?!? *Sigh* Oh well, might as well make due... wait... a small room? Oh, I push the button to get into the next room. I see how it... wha? A breakable wall? Why the hell is this here? *Spin dashes breakable wall and walks into the next very small room* Wow... another button... how original, its not like I just did this 10 seconds ago to get in here... WHA? ANOTHER set of breakable walls? Hopfully I won't have to go through this the whole stage.. the talking script is annoying since it normally goes away faster then I can notice its there and read it... hmm... AHHHHH!!! Detons! Wow... that was the most useless use of those things. And why do I have to keep climing up and up? Wow this stage is cramped... *Comes into the first room with all the tiny platforms leading up* Yay! Not only is this place cramped and won't let me run which I would expect to have a good oppertunity since I am being forced to play as Sonic BUT I have to deal with some very annoying platforming... AND WHY THE HELL IS THERE A BUSTABLE WALL UP TOP AFTER I JUST FINISHED CLIMBING UP HERE TO GET TO IT!?!? Kroze SMASH! Soo redundant... hopfully this horrible level ends soo.... oh great, yet ANOTHER crappy platforming room... with another bustable wall up top that makes it harder then it should going into the next room... OH DEAR GOD! ITS A ROOM FILLED WITH DETONS! Is there no end to this horrible nightmare of a level?!?!? *Kroze finds end sign and hits it* Hopfully the next stage isn't THIS bad..."

*The Gate 2*
"Boss battle already?!? Meh.. ok... I'll just knock this out quic--- woah woah woah... 5 eggmen all at once? Um.. how in the hell is this a good idea? And I bet I know what the guy who did this was thinking here: "Oh, the normal eggman is just too easy and boring... How can I make it harder without causing myself to stop being horribly lazy? I KNOW!!1!!11! I'll just throw more of them in and have them fight all of em at once! GENIUS!". This is annoyingly hard and NOT in a good way... in a cheap way... Cheap like Mystic's mom! Heh, thats a good one... I need to write that one down for later... I am funny!"

*The Forest 1*
"Wow, this place reminds me of Mystic Realm's original Forest stage in a bad way before Mystic stopped being totally stupidly hard with his level design. Oh no... not more of these horrible talking script thingies that aren't useful or helpful... just annoying... making me want to stab my eyes out with a spoon... Oooh... a bog that acts like quicksand... that is a cool idea... GAH! Just died AGAIN! This stage is horrible... I don't even care about finishing it cause its so cheap! NEXT!"

*The Forest 2*
"Wait.. this isn't a forest stage... Ehh.. I'll run with it since at least it isn't as cramped as the last stages.. *Kroze tries to ride the current down and finds that all the water is actually a pit of doom... no current even* Oh, now that is just horrible. Fine, I'll just climb this stupid mountain... oh wtf? The music changed? To factory music?!?!? And now I have to climb all the way down with nothing interesting to look at while my hands have to put up with the most horrible and boring platforming ever? ANOTHER PIT???! I want to kill a small puppy now. *Several dead puppies later* Wait, you are TELLING me I can now choose between one of two ways to go? No, this LEVEL PACK isn't liner... not at all... FAIL!"

*The Forest 3*
"Oh no... not MORE Eggmen that I really don't care to fight since its cheap and boring... SKIP!"

*City 1*
"Ooooh... a cutscene... wow... these are horrible seeing as how I can barely make out what the pictures are. Wait, I have a time limit here? Hmm.. ok.. interesting... *After waiting for 2 more minutes for the cutscene to finish that I can hardly remember anything from it since it was so boring* OH DEAR GOD THE LAG!! IT BURNS!!! IT BURNS WITH FIRE!!! The stage is too big! BSZ didn't lag ONE BIT and this thing I can hardly move without it going into Bullet Time... I want to kill more puppies now... You know what? I'll just skip this stage since its unplayable..."

*City 2*
"AHHHHH!!! NOT ANOTHER CUTSCENE!! Why does this level pack only exist to cause me pain?!?!? WHHHHYYYYYYYY?!??!?!?!!?"

And thats pretty much the point where my brain broke and I turned it off so I wouldn't risk further scarring.... I will now have nightmares tonight cause of this level pack...

Things that were good:
- Errr... umm... uhhh... well, at least none of the messages that you get were mispelled... so I think thats a plus.

Things that need to be fixed (Besides my brain after playing this):
- Cramped levels
- Get rid of all the breakable walls, they are pointless and redundant and only serve to be annoying
- Do the boss stages REALLY need five eggmen each? Overkill much?
- The horrible platforming.... just get rid of it all until you understand the basics of level design
- The constant annoying messages that I hardly have anytime to read cause I am being raped by random Detons thrown all over the place
- The detons that serve no other purpose other then to be annoying as hell
- Cutscenes... not really needed one bit since they are too long and nothing I couldn't figure out on my own since everything was just so liner
- Everything was just so liner
- Forcing me to play as Sonic you heartless bastard
- Get rid of the huge ass levels that SRB2 can't handle and make the whole thing unplayable
- All the button pushing... Now I know how it feels to be Eggman all day! Running around pushing random buttons...
- Mystic's Mom... she still hasn't called me back after that night...
- The levels were slow and not Sonic one bit... at least give be room to run and not force me to go through the levels at a snails pace.

Its obivous you really bit off more then you can chew here.
My suggestion after playing this?
Scrap it all and do something smaller... like a single stage... or hell, even a match stage, and then work up from there. Once you are at a point where you are able to constantly make good levels worth playing THEN come back to this and start over.

Thats all I have to say about this "Mod"

You know..... 0.0 you can say you don't like them but you don't have to go so overboard. Maybe half of what you said was NOT necessary! I personally think you owe him an apoligy. Yes, the Mod has some faults, and you can say that but not things like-

*The Gate 1*
"Huh? What the hell?!??! I chose Knuckles! Why did it give me fraking Sonic?!?!? *Sigh* Oh well, might as well make due... wait... a small room? Oh, I push the button to get into the next room. I see how it... wha? A breakable wall? Why the hell is this here? *Spin dashes breakable wall and walks into the next very small room* Wow... another button... how original, its not like I just did this 10 seconds ago to get in here... WHA? ANOTHER set of breakable walls? Hopfully I won't have to go through this the whole stage.. the talking script is annoying since it normally goes away faster then I can notice its there and read it... hmm... AHHHHH!!! Detons! Wow... that was the most useless use of those things. And why do I have to keep climing up and up? Wow this stage is cramped... *Comes into the first room with all the tiny platforms leading up* Yay! Not only is this place cramped and won't let me run which I would expect to have a good oppertunity since I am being forced to play as Sonic BUT I have to deal with some very annoying platforming... AND WHY THE HELL IS THERE A BUSTABLE WALL UP TOP AFTER I JUST FINISHED CLIMBING UP HERE TO GET TO IT!?!? Kroze SMASH! Soo redundant... hopfully this horrible level ends soo.... oh great, yet ANOTHER crappy platforming room... with another bustable wall up top that makes it harder then it should going into the next room... OH DEAR GOD! ITS A ROOM FILLED WITH DETONS! Is there no end to this horrible nightmare of a level?!?!? *Kroze finds end sign and hits it* Hopfully the next stage isn't THIS bad..."

*The Gate 2*
"Boss battle already?!? Meh.. ok... I'll just knock this out quic--- woah woah woah... 5 eggmen all at once? Um.. how in the hell is this a good idea? And I bet I know what the guy who did this was thinking here: "Oh, the normal eggman is just too easy and boring... How can I make it harder without causing myself to stop being horribly lazy? I KNOW!!1!!11! I'll just throw more of them in and have them fight all of em at once! GENIUS!". This is annoyingly hard and NOT in a good way... in a cheap way... Cheap like Mystic's mom! Heh, thats a good one... I need to write that one down for later... I am funny!"

*The Forest 1*
"Wow, this place reminds me of Mystic Realm's original Forest stage in a bad way before Mystic stopped being totally stupidly hard with his level design. Oh no... not more of these horrible talking script thingies that aren't useful or helpful... just annoying... making me want to stab my eyes out with a spoon... Oooh... a bog that acts like quicksand... that is a cool idea... GAH! Just died AGAIN! This stage is horrible... I don't even care about finishing it cause its so cheap! NEXT!"

*The Forest 2*
"Wait.. this isn't a forest stage... Ehh.. I'll run with it since at least it isn't as cramped as the last stages.. *Kroze tries to ride the current down and finds that all the water is actually a pit of doom... no current even* Oh, now that is just horrible. Fine, I'll just climb this stupid mountain... oh wtf? The music changed? To factory music?!?!? And now I have to climb all the way down with nothing interesting to look at while my hands have to put up with the most horrible and boring platforming ever? ANOTHER PIT???! I want to kill a small puppy now. *Several dead puppies later* Wait, you are TELLING me I can now choose between one of two ways to go? No, this LEVEL PACK isn't liner... not at all... FAIL!"

All this crap was not necessary.

Re: ......

Dark Angel said:
You know..... 0.0 you can say you don't like them but you don't have to go so overboard. Maybe half of what you said was NOT necessary! I personally think you owe him an apoligy. Yes, the Mod has some faults, and you can say that but not things like-

Mega Quote

That was, infact, sir, constructive critisism, and showing just how much the mod needs to be improved before it will satisfy anyone other than people like our good friend GCFreak (No offense meant, just a joke ^_~).

Kroze just has a funny way of showing it.

While this does need some improvement (lol 5 eggmen lol), I do say it's at least "better than half the crap on Releases".

Also, we all know Kroze only likes my levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back