Wido the Wild

Wido the Wild 1.2

I am aware of momentum letting you go further, I was just trying to say it bugged me how quickly you stop moving upwards even WITH lots of momentum, followed by a jump that usually just kinda goes nowhere, whereas wall-running even just a little bit towards horizontally seems to not only get you more height but also tends to keep you moving forward, which you can usually follow up with jumping towards another wall, letting the airtime restore your speed, and using that speed to go even higher up walls.
Honestly, it makes sense for wallrunning to be more effective horizontally, but going straight up always feels like a terrible idea. That said, it was something that irked me more when I didn't figure out how to avoid moving upwards while wall-running.
Also, just tried the runshoes, and yeah that's kind of crazy. I'm pretty sure you go at least ten times as fast as Knuckles goes up walls with that, it's absurd.
Yeah, I tested it at the slope and quarterpipe at the beginning of DSZ2 and when you try to wallrun up the quarterpipe, you don't even make it halfway.

You left a debug command (or at least insanely buggy command), "wallRunHighlight", in.

Yeah, it was pretty essential for debugging the wallrun, and I didn't see any reason to remove it for any more weirdness that pops up. ^.^

Princess Draykon updated Wido the Wild with a new update entry:

1.1 Update

It's the "1.1 minor fixes update" \o/

• Removed the abillity to parry "instant death" damage, such as drowning or timing out.
  • Wido's now loses all of their abilities when holding the flag in CTF mode.
  • Adjusted the wallrun code to maybe-probably work in a few more weird edge involving very small linedefs close together?
  • Lowered the minimum speed while running on walls with Super Sneakers or Wild Trigger.
  • The Wild Trigger overlay now works properly in reverse gravity...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Multiplayer hotfix

My sincerest apologies for never testing Wido in multiplayer up until now.

• Added MT_PLAYER to the parry blacklist, and made MT_PLAYERs an invalid target for horizontal slashes. This should correct some issues that would cause players to get stuck in a glitched state.
  • Added MF_MONITORs to the parry blacklist as well. As fun as it was to launch them around, this prevented them from respawning in multiplayer gamemodes where that matters.

Now go kill Chaos.

Yeah, it was pretty essential for debugging the wallrun, and I didn't see any reason to remove it for any more weirdness that pops up. ^.^

1.1 Update

1624746602821.png
Imma be honest i kinda knew this was coming because the game leaked it to me while i was fighting in chaos mod. either that im glad this update came up well.

Wido has a visual bug when wallrunning towards the right and hitting a concave wall; their sprite turns in the opposite direction.

Also it took me this long to realise wallruns can be re-angled mid-run by turning the camera, cool!
Post automatically merged:

The wallrun code seems to despise midtextures, and will repeatedly jump on and off of them every frame, which leads to ludicrous speed.
This occurs on solid midtextures, as well as when non-solid midtextures are in front of a wall (such as the many banners in CEZ Act 2)

Attachments

• srb20144.gif
    srb20144.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 86
  • srb20147.gif
    srb20147.gif
    4 MB · Views: 72
  • srb201712.gif
    srb201712.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 75
  • srb201812.gif
    srb201812.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back