What in the world is SRB2 Workshop?

shadow, silver, blaze, marine and many other characters are owned by sega, and don't even get me started on the nintendo mods
howwww many times do we have to tell you that sega doesn't care about what we do with their ip unless its not getting profit until you get it in your head bruh?! I really dont see nintendo isn't taking down any of the Nintendo based mods either.

how come you always bring up nintendo and sega whenever the topic of stealing comes up? its really getting old.

even though there are mods on this website that willingly violate copyright laws saying "sega said it was ok"
What, you want us to convince people to believe that they're hypocrites for making fan content of a particularly copyright-lax franchise and then being upset that their fan content is being edited and distributed without their permission, so they have no right judging you for using the Workshop?

That's rich. Good luck with that.

What, you want us to convince people to believe that they're hypocrites for making fan content of a particularly copyright-lax franchise and then being upset that their fan content is being edited and distributed without their permission, so they have no right judging you for using the Workshop?

That's rich. Good luck with that.
yes they are, thank you for realizing

Me after reading this entire thread:
1695594648994.png

This is even worse considering replies are being made right now as you read this.
ngl this thread should be closed or what ever they do to stop controversy and/or world war 3 from happening

also you can quote me now

Attachments

• 1695594737843.png
    1695594737843.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
All right, I'm back. Let's catch up now.
1. telling someone that they can't shut down the discussion but than saying the mods can't either
Not being able to shut down discussion is a common courtesy in conversation both online and offline. I'm asking someone to stop being controlling, not telling them they're breaking the rules.
2. also acts like he speaks for everyone on mb (note that he keeps on adding the "we" in topics that don't necessarily involve him)
Many of the criticisms from the Workshop defenders in this thread have been directed at the main community in general, and thus I was defending the main community. If I only defended myself as an individual, many of the attacks would go unanswered.
3.also keeps putting workshop and gamebanana in a bad light
Having a low opinion of mod thieves is not backseat moderation.
i have made point VERY clear, it's no different than you guys ostracising workshop users for having different rules than the mb
Strawman argument. We aren't criticizing them for simply having different rules, plenty of alternate SRB2 spaces exist that do, and get no criticism. We dislike them because they are partaking in a set of very uncool practices.
shadow, silver, blaze, marine and many other characters are owned by sega, and don't even get me started on the nintendo mods
This IP discussion is pointless as it makes an invalid comparison. Like Tatsuru said before, "Nintendo" is not a person, but a corporation. The people at Nintendo who C&D fan creations are not the same people who created their characters. Corporations are not comparable to individual artists, both morally and legally.
yes they are, thank you for realizing
I don't think you realized, but you just admitted to a massive hole in your argument.

Frankly, your style of defending the Workshop has involved whataboutism by trying to invoke copyright law, attacking strawmen instead of our actual arguments, and accusing people of breaking the rules for being "too harsh." You have convinced nobody.

Last edited:
All right, I'm back. Let's catch up now.

Not being able to shut down discussion is a common courtesy in conversation both online and offline. I'm asking someone to stop being controlling, not telling them they're breaking the rules.

Many of the criticisms from the Workshop defenders in this thread have been directed at the main community in general, and thus I was defending the main community. If I only defended myself as an individual, many of the attacks would go unanswered.

Having a low opinion of mod thieves is not backseat moderation. Hope this helps.

Strawman argument. We aren't criticizing them for simply having different rules, plenty of alternate SRB2 spaces exist that do, and get no criticism. We dislike them because they are partaking in a set of very uncool practices.

This IP discussion is pointless as it makes an invalid comparison. Like Tatsuru said before, "Nintendo" is not a person, but a corporation. The people at Nintendo who C&D fan creations are not the same people who created their characters. Corporations are not comparable to individual artists, both morally and legally.

Frankly, your style of defending the Workshop has involved whataboutism by trying to invoke copyright law, attacking strawmen instead of our actual arguments, and accusing people of breaking the rules for being "too harsh." You have convinced nobody.
remember that a corporation is made up of people, so if nintendo doesn't count why should the srb2 community (which is also made up of a people) count.

also I love how being just as controlling as the last person is just a ok here

I'm honestly sick and tired of all this piss poor workshop defending. Its baffling that people actually think that they should have the ability to take a mod, edit it how they please and post it without any sort of repercussion. It makes me sick. It's so easy to do things like this in an acceptable manner but it's like these people are either too lazy or just don't give a fuck about the thing they are editing. All for what? A site that's going to die out in like 6 months or so?

remember that a corporation is made up of people, so if nintendo doesn't count why should the srb2 community (which is also made up of a people) count.

also I love how being just as controlling as the last person is just a ok here

1695596919576.png

I don't know what kind of good fight you're trying to fight here, mate. You're talking about people here being unfairly controlling, while trying to argue over controlling their works yourself. I would frankly want to see you go on Twitter, Tumblr, Newgrounds, whatever, and tell Sonic fanartists, or hell, fanartists in general, that their works are inherently valueless because it's based on copyrighted IP. You'd get bleeped out before the evening is over.

is a community not?

1695597154663.png

Sorry to bust this bubble, but a corporation is no longer "a group of people". A corporation's day-to-day business is dictated by shareholders and billionaire decisions. It's about money, not the art.

This is a fallacy of the undistributed middle, and is thus invalid. Communities are not corporations just because they both have people, just as corporations are not countries just because they have people.
both are passionate about something are they not?
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 101348

I don't know what kind of good fight you're trying to fight here, mate. You're talking about people here being unfairly controlling, while trying to argue over controlling their works yourself. I would frankly want to see you go on Twitter, Tumblr, Newgrounds, whatever, and tell Sonic fanartist, or hell, fanartists in general, that their works are inherently valueless because it's based on copyrighted IP. You'd get bleeped out before the evening is over.

View attachment 101349

Sorry to bust this bubble, but a corporation is no longer "a group of people". A corporation's day-to-day business is dictated by shareholders and billionaire decisions. It's about money, not the art.
don't get how you got to that point but okay.

both are passionate about something are they not?
Do we sell anything? Do we run a business? Do we hire people? Do we adhere to the legal definitions of a corporation? Do we report to be a corporation on taxes?
if it's not original (meaning it's own separate thing) than yeah you can.
Not how copyright law works. Nintendo could not legally use Mario fanart without permission just because they own Mario, because it was not made by Nintendo employees.

Do we sell anything? Do we run a business? Do we hire people? Do we adhere to the legal definitions of a corporation? Do we report to be a corporation on taxes?

Not how copyright law works. Nintendo could not legally use Mario fanart without permission just because they own Mario, because it was not made by Nintendo employees.
Nintendo fans cannot legally make mario fanart because nintendo owns the IP

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Back