What do YOU think about the new SRB2 Direct #5 ?

MadBox

"Just your average SRB2 guy :)"
To me, at the end of the direct seeing flare finally getting his new update is surprising. It almost feels like if I'm gonna have the same fun as him like adventure sonic!
Post automatically merged:

To me, at the end of the direct seeing flare finally getting his new update is surprising. It almost feels like if I'm gonna have the same fun as him like adventure sonic!
But yeah overall the direct was really good with new exciting mods too come!
Post automatically merged:

But yeah overall the direct was really good with new exciting mods too come!

Excited to see the new content my fellow members of the community have put their love and effort into. Flare the Tyrannosaur looks great.

I watched it, saw that SRB2 The Past is coming soon, it"s great! i cant wait to play srb2 the past!

Just remember, Deep Sea TGF and Lake Zone SRB1 are not the same level.

I saw someone in the live chat say something about a srb1 remake when Deep Sea TGF was on screen.

Really the last 2 weren't very good, in fact I hated 4 a bit (I won't say reasons) Although a preview of TP2.0 and the scoreboard attack were excellent, the chronicles hill is good although I would prefer it to have the camera of srb2TD

Glad to hear more news on SRB2 : The Past v2.0! I've got a suggestion for the team behind it (or glaber if this is a one-man project) for music : If you're going with a remix of the Sonic World theme from Sonic Jam like in v1, can you use the variant in Sonic Origins? In my opinion, it's the best version of that theme to date(outside of the original). As for the museum theme being a remix of the save select theme from Sonic 3&K, I feel like the version from Generations would fit more with v2.2's soundtrack than the Sonic Jam version. Suggestions aside, I can't wait for SRB2 : The Past v2.0! I never played v1.0, because I honestly didn't even know this game existed until v2.2 released and a bunch of YouTubers were making content on it, so it would be a good chance for me to get caught up on SRB2's history, even though I watched all 7 videos in the "SRB2 : Throughout History" series by DylanDude (the guy who premiered the direct).

With all that being said, take all the time you need on the mod. Big things like that take time to finish and refine, you know. Wish Sonic Team Jr themselves knew that before SRB2: Marriage Edition (or v2.0) released, and the remade Castle Eggman Zone was blatantly unfinished.

By the way, you need another pair of hands to help out with SRB2 : The Past v2.0? I can make/edit MAINCFG files now, and I can provide text for the intermission cutscenes for each level.

Last edited:
I don't need any more testers at this time as the mod is coming up on going Bronze. (little in joke about beta versions) This basically means that we're 2 betas away from the Release canidate, but don't ask about a release date as I have not nailed one down still.

As for the music for the museum, that's been taken care of already and we have our own mix of the track we're going with thanks to the talents of Midiman.

I don't need any more testers at this time as the mod is coming up on going Bronze. (little in joke about beta versions) This basically means that we're 2 betas away from the Release canidate, but don't ask about a release date as I have not nailed one down still.

As for the music for the museum, that's been taken care of already and we have our own mix of the track we're going with thanks to the talents of Midiman.
I wasn't asking about play testing the mod. I was asking about refining some of the completed content. As I said, I can provide some text to put at the cutscenes before starting a level. You are gonna do that like you did last time, right?
For the music thing, I'm pretty sure someone can make a separate add-on to it when it releases featuring the music I listed.

By the way, when's the release da- SIKE! I'm not gonna ask for a release date. As I said, take all the time you need to finish everything.
( That was a good one, wasn't it? )

Even so, I don't really need any more helpers what with how much little is left.

As for those cutscenes before starting a level, I had to switch over to using in hub podiums due to hitting the cut scene limit. Also I've got all the ones I need for the upcoming update too.

Even so, I don't really need any more helpers what with how much little is left.

As for those cutscenes before starting a level, I had to switch over to using in hub podiums due to hitting the cut scene limit. Also I've got all the ones I need for the upcoming update too.
Ok. I was just asking. Can't wait for SRB2 The Past v2.0 to release!

since nobody has yet given a comprehensive review of all the trailers, i thought it might be fun to waste like twenty minutes doing it myself! sick

n64 mario: listen mario i love ya but n64 mario's trailer was awesome. it had some pretty amazing production quality with a gameplay trailer that was snappy and short but immensely memorable. and, hey, it's a pretty good mod itself too, how about that. fucking fantastic work.

YETH: unironically i think this trailer was phenomenal

anyway genuine thoughts aside, this was pretty nice to see! i've been an antdude fan for the longest time now, and the trailer definitely appeals to that part of me, as well as being a pretty engaging gameplay trailer too. my only gripe is that it did not use the "white streak" track as opposed to live and learn, but i can...i can live with it...

DWANGO: i'm not much of a ringslinger match/ctf guy, but hey, for a first trailer you've done pretty well. it does drag on faaaaar longer than it needs to, though. for how long each segment went on for, it felt more unmemorable than if it was short and sweet. also, i do recommend you sync the letter reveals with the music. why? because that's the kind of detail that engages people in the trailer as opposed to random offbeat cutins. plus i like it

cylite the cat: another pretty short but equally memorable entry, with a pretty sick 3d segment to boot. unlike DWANGO, this trailer keeps in time with the music, cutting to a different shot of gameplay every time a violin strikes a chord. that's an awesome addition that keeps the trailer blazing fast...but it results in the trailer being far too busy, and honestly? i can't tell how cylite plays from this trailer alone, which is a pretty huge bust. otherwise it was pretty awesome, gotta admit. nice work!

FaDChars and deton: aw heel yea the mainstays

impeccable editing as always, fav. clearly showing the viewer the new additions with stylish looking text boxes is a very good touch, and the energy of the animations is (like usual) fucking rad. anyway

SRB2 the past: another pretty great trailer that i have very little to comment on...other than the fact that it dragged. this trailer (according to the timestamps i found in the comments) was almost three minutes long, and don't get me wrong, trailer length isn't always a bad thing, in fact i felt it was quite warranted this time around for the plethora of new additions that the trailer reveals, but i think it could've been cut down by a lot. still, though, awesome trailer. definitely better than the previous TP trailer.

mugenhunter: the music was pretty great! aside from that, i did find it kind of unmemorable (not to say it was bad, though) and i wish it wasn't, because it is a much better trailer than last time, with a quicker pace and less time spent lingering on text. i don't know, maybe i don't see the huge appeal, but either way it was a significant improvement. nice work.

score survival: the little music sync up with the text on screen was kinda fun, otherwise i think it was alright? nothing too much to comment on really, other than the fact that i think it's a super unique concept that does, actually, play pretty well when you get down to it. also liked the spiker teaser at the end. nice work.

chronicle hill: i am terrified of this map

this actually looks fucking phenomenal and i cannot believe this is all one map holy shit

the trailer has a lot of fun gags with different characters, and the reveal of chao egg collectables was nicely done! aside from how much i love the look of the map itself, there isn't too much to comment on imo. just simply a fantastic job done on the trailer.

ovenbreak: for personal bias reasons i am not allowed to comment on this trailer

flare: aw HELL yeah dude

this trailer is definitely my favourite out of the entire direct. n64 mario may have aesthetic and showmanship, but flare translates the snappiness and fast pace of trailers i love into a really, really long trailer that somehow doesn't overstay its own welcome. i've followed a little of flare v2's development the past while, and even then i'm absolutely astounded at how much he's just glown up, spinslash has done a fantastic work on the sprites, and the same can be said for alfredo and tex's work on the scripting and visual effects (the fire looks REAL holy SHIT). love the little chunky lad.

anyway that direct was pretty sick right
i probably prefer direct 4 (but don't quote me on that) for having sliiiiightly higher highs, but this is probably the first direct where i think every announcement was consistently really good, with the lowest being "pretty alright and a great effort". heck yeah dude love directs

since nobody has yet given a comprehensive review of all the trailers, i thought it might be fun to waste like twenty minutes doing it myself! sick

YETH: unironically i think this trailer was phenomenal

anyway genuine thoughts aside, this was pretty nice to see! i've been an antdude fan for the longest time now, and the trailer definitely appeals to that part of me, as well as being a pretty engaging gameplay trailer too. my only gripe is that it did not use the "white streak" track as opposed to live and learn, but i can...i can live with it...
All hail to Yeth

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back