• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Wall Running and Loops (LUA)

Guess I just judged the dev stage wrong as this is very good proof. I look forward to when this gets finalized.

There's also a mod called halfpipe utilities on the mb, which has wallrunning and ceiling and loops and a test map.
Im curious
It looks really cool, that mod. I don't think it looks like Sonic Adventure's Wall Run in motion, though, so I think I will still be making mine, as my mod is (aiming) to make the slope physics and wall running work a little closer to Sonic Adventure 1.

Of course, i was only curious about the differences between the two mods since they both *aim* to add some kind of wall collision, or alter wall collision, whatever wall running or ceiling running is, i hope you keep making yours!

how did you even get the mod?
Post automatically merged:

oh wait
Post automatically merged:

you are the owner

A STUPID amount of angle calculations and crazy person math. Here is a snip-it of a part of the script. This is all spaghetti code, though. Once I know everything works, I'm essentially going to rewrite it to make it pretty and take less processing.

View attachment 78458

I essentially am reprogramming walking from scratch as a "not a state, but acts like one" except on the wall. A lot of what is shown here is simply me testing stuff, so ignore the bottom two lines where it's essentially making gravity on the wall, but it's set to 75 as opposed to a reasonable number.

The game in it's current state is CLEARLY not meant for this. I am kind of brute forcing it.
yeash, that's a lotta code :eek:

The halfpipe utilities mod tends to orient you to run toward the camera once you mount a wall and transfer to the ceiling. I look forward to your mod because you appear to have figured out out to remain oriented in the direction you were initially headed

Can you guys... be patient? i don't think someone's life is gonna revolve about 24/7 srb2 modding.

Previous message out of the way THAT IS SO AMAIZING, seriously that is great.

Vtnsj7v.gif
I don't know if I'm allowed to swear in threads, but know my neurons exploded when I saw this gif, you could be this communitys savior when it comes to making loops.

I'd really appreciate an update but it's cool, I've basically got loops and wall running working with New Streak already. Basically you just couple ceiling running with the halfpipe physics and it works itself out

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back