The Story of Uncapped Revengence Discord the 3rd

The Story of Uncapped Revengence Discord the 3rd V4.0 (Beta Redux Redux)

how do i set it up
So first, you would download the zip file. Then, if you already have a SRB2 directory, just go to the 4.0 folder and extract the assets and game executable to there. If not, create a new folder, extract all the assets there, then get SRB2's assets and drag all the assets there as well.
when i was playing in software, the shadows are broken with the drop, and realistic. it only happens for software, on opengl is fine

i will send screenshots soon
Yeah, from what it sounds like, this is normal. Realistic shadows in Software are basically very miniscule versions of OpenGL's realistic shadows, and as such, look this way because of that.

The download here is not working anymore, it looks like you deleted the "Beta Redux Redux" Update.

Whenever i press quit game, the game freezes and then stops working, i'm pretty sure its a bug

i might be missing a file because whenever i try to start the game it says "tsourdt3rd.pk3 is missing"
nevermind, i found it.

Last edited:
why do windows users get all the glory with everything coming pre-packaged, while us linux users have to compile it? some people like me have no idea how to do it, and there is a thing called an .x86_64 file. all you need to do is chmod it, then run it. that simple. until you do that, this is a 0 star.

why do windows users get all the glory with everything coming pre-packaged, while us linux users have to compile it? some people like me have no idea how to do it, and there is a thing called an .x86_64 file. all you need to do is chmod it, then run it. that simple. until you do that, this is a 0 star.
Look, I understand the reason behind why you're upset, but as a linux user (and now temporary windows user) myself, I'm fairly certain there's more too it than that. Plus, given that the build updates and adds new libraries to SRB2, I'd have to supply the libraries for different arches myself, and that in itself is a hassle to do.

However, I haven't completely just thrown linux users out the bus, as I plan on releasing AppImages for TSoURDt3rd one day, since that might just negate my issue entirely. But my focus is on releasing 4.0 right now (hopefully sometime this month), so I don't have time to deal with that.

In the meantime though, why don't you use srb2bld? It provides the appropriate tools needed to compile and run SRB2, and has added support for TSoURDt3rd. It even runs on linux too, so that may help negate your problem.

(And also, when it comes to Linux users, they actually get more glory in my SRB2 build than Windows users, so that negates the first point you made.)

Look, I understand the reason behind why you're upset, but as a linux user (and now temporary windows user) myself, I'm fairly certain there's more too it than that. Plus, given that the build updates and adds new libraries to SRB2, I'd have to supply the libraries for different arches myself, and that in itself is a hassle to do.

However, I haven't completely just thrown linux users out the bus, as I plan on releasing AppImages for TSoURDt3rd one day, since that might just negate my issue entirely. But my focus is on releasing 4.0 right now (hopefully sometime this month), so I don't have time to deal with that.

In the meantime though, why don't you use srb2bld? It provides the appropriate tools needed to compile and run SRB2, and has added support for TSoURDt3rd. It even runs on linux too, so that may help negate your problem.

(And also, when it comes to Linux users, they actually get more glory in my SRB2 build than Windows users, so that negates the first point you made.)
alright, I'll try it. thanks, I guess.
Post automatically merged:

I just tried it, why does it take up so much storage? I immediately ran out of storage once it started building. the fact that this bitch of a Chromebook wont format my SD card makes it even worse. I'll try and see if there's anything else to do.

Last edited:
linux user here, one there really isnt such thing as a .x86_64 file, it can have any extension, 2 distributing binaries is a hassle because of it being compiled for different versions of libraries, like lets say i compile a binary, since i use arch linux my glibc is going to be newer than lets say debian (what you are using on a Chromebook), not to mention the other dependencies... so yeah easier said than done...

is it normal for the game to freeze up when use the quit game option?
Sorry, that's a bug on the redux redux that I've already fixed on my end. When the full release is out and all, it'll be fixed, so don't worry.

how do i make the discord rich presence work?
The game should automatically connect to your profile, but if it doesn't, try checking your activity settings and your general discord settings too.

Hello @StarManiaKG , I am getting error, when I run compiled TSoURDt3rd beta in the latest commit "6832ddef" with the latest assets for "Version 4.0 Beta Redux Redux" from Github:
I_Error(): File is old, is corrupt or has been modified:
/usr/local/share/games/SRB2TSoURDt3rd/tsourdt3rd.pk3
Found MD5: 0e7c83f054fa835d28d8b50a7acfde84
Wanted MD5: d9539ea49021221cc38209000a5d23ca

It looks like "tsourdt3rd.pk3" file with exact MD5 hash "d9539ea49021221cc38209000a5d23ca" is missing to the public in the latest commit.

Workaround for now is to go back to commit "0feef9b2" titled "fix music stuff" on Github/git.do.srb2.org (with "git checkout 0feef9b2") command or modify MD5 hash to "0e7c83f054fa835d28d8b50a7acfde84" for "V4.0 (Beta Redux)" assets at "#define ASSET_HASH_TSOURDT3RD_PK3" in "src/config.h.in" file for the latest commit, if someone wants to compile TSoURDt3rd manually or with srb2bld (with set environment variable SRB2BLDDEVMODE=1), but I would appreciate it @StarManiaKG, if you provide missing MD5 hash matched "tsourdt3rd.pk3" or modify code to match "0e7c83f054fa835d28d8b50a7acfde84" MD5 hash to avoid similar issue for users, who would like to compile the latest version of build.

srb2bld is not working for me, sp i cant build it.
I made recent update regarding issue in srb2bld you reported to me in the review you posted. Let me know in PM, if this helped or you found any issues, except for the message above by me.

Last edited:
Hello @StarManiaKG , I am getting error, when I run compiled TSoURDt3rd beta in the latest commit "6832ddef" with the latest assets for "Version 4.0 Beta Redux Redux" from Github:

It looks like "tsourdt3rd.pk3" file with exact MD5 hash "d9539ea49021221cc38209000a5d23ca" is missing to the public in the latest commit.

Workaround for now is to go back to commit "0feef9b2" titled "fix music stuff" on Github/git.do.srb2.org (with "git checkout 0feef9b2") command or modify MD5 hash to "0e7c83f054fa835d28d8b50a7acfde84" for "V4.0 (Beta Redux)" assets at "#define ASSET_HASH_TSOURDT3RD_PK3" in "src/config.h.in" file for the latest commit, if someone wants to compile TSoURDt3rd manually or with srb2bld (with set environment variable SRB2BLDDEVMODE=1), but I would appreciate it @StarManiaKG, if you provide missing MD5 hash matched "tsourdt3rd.pk3" or modify code to match "0e7c83f054fa835d28d8b50a7acfde84" MD5 hash to avoid similar issue for users, who would like to compile the latest version of build.

I made recent update regarding issue in srb2bld you reported to me in the review you posted. Let me know in PM, if this helped or you found any issues, except for the message above by me.
hey dude, I started a convo with you earlier. may you help me please?

Hey, so I've uploaded the PK3 to an assets repository where it'll be held for now. You can directly download it here. In the next commit, I'll temporarily upload the PK3 to the main repository too, so it can stay there while I finish up 4.0 development. Thanks for letting me know about this.

Hey, so I've uploaded the PK3 to an assets repository where it'll be held for now. You can directly download it here. In the next commit, I'll temporarily upload the PK3 to the main repository too, so it can stay there while I finish up 4.0 development. Thanks for letting me know about this.
Thank you, but unfortunately I got similar error in the latest commit:
Found MD5: e148cb5e777ba69398958fa989371fc6

I tried by downloading file directly and with cloning repository and then copy file to "/usr/local/share/games/SRB2TSoURDt3rd".
I did md5 hash check of downloaded file using md5sum tsourdt3rd.pk3 and it returns:
e148cb5e777ba69398958fa989371fc6 tsourdt3rd.pk3
I lost track of the Convo, dunno where it is. I'll just ask you here. can you explain to me how do I make it passwordless for dummies? your reply to my review was a bit too complicated.
I replied to you in PM. Better not going offtopic in this thread.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back