The Story of Uncapped Revengence Discord the 3rd

The Story of Uncapped Revengence Discord the 3rd V4.0 (Beta Redux Redux)

I did, but when i select the game it doesnt show the info that i set up in game
Well, in the Discord Options Menu, does it say that Discord is connected? If not, then you may need to open it, and you may need to also check your privacy settings too.

Well, in the Discord Options Menu, does it say that Discord is connected? If not, then you may need to open it, and you may need to also check your privacy settings too.
In game it says that its connected, but i did not check privacy settings, ill try that
Post automatically merged:

I did, but when i select the game it doesnt show the info that i set up

Last edited:
So, perhaps I'm crazy, but it seems like this (and most other uncapped builds) have significantly more problems with constant resyncing compared to vanilla, is this just me? Is it the uncapped builds? And if so, why does this happen and ONLY with uncapped builds? I've asked around a lot but I never seem to quite get an answer as to why this actually happens, beyond just "srb2 doing srb2 things."

So, perhaps I'm crazy, but it seems like this (and most other uncapped builds) have significantly more problems with constant resyncing compared to vanilla, is this just me? Is it the uncapped builds? And if so, why does this happen and ONLY with uncapped builds? I've asked around a lot but I never seem to quite get an answer as to why this actually happens, beyond just "srb2 doing srb2 things."
Well, after looking around the code, it might just genuinely be srb2 doing srb2 things.

The most logical conclusion I can type out here, is that both Uncapped and 2.2.11 use an entirely different ticking system than 2.2.10 and previous versions, which can tend to lead to desynchs, as each build is receiving, essentially, entirely different info and inputs from one another. There's not exactly a better way for me to explain this, but essentially, until 2.2.11 is released, it may be best to just use 35FPS mode on servers for now, as that is the framerate that most servers are currently on.

Well, after looking around the code, it might just genuinely be srb2 doing srb2 things.

The most logical conclusion I can type out here, is that both Uncapped and 2.2.11 use an entirely different ticking system than 2.2.10 and previous versions, which can tend to lead to desynchs, as each build is receiving, essentially, entirely different info and inputs from one another. There's not exactly a better way for me to explain this, but essentially, until 2.2.11 is released, it may be best to just use 35FPS mode on servers for now, as that is the framerate that most servers are currently on.
Hey starmaina i found a funny glitch that the add-ons and the switch map menu ASEND to the offscreen realm you should fix it
i sent you a video in the discord

can you make the perfect save customization more customizable (shape, size, stripe amount, presets, ETC) and why the perfect save secret just works for tails

Hey starmaina i found a funny glitch that the add-ons and the switch map menu ASEND to the offscreen realm you should fix it
i sent you a video in the discord
I already knew about it actually, a friend let me know about it a while ago. Thanks for reminding me, though. I'll release a little update that fixes some stuff either tomorrow or Wednesday.

can you make the perfect save customization more customizable (shape, size, stripe amount, presets, ETC) and why the perfect save secret just works for tails
I actually didn't know that it only worked for Tails. It seems as though that the person who previously coded the perfect saves only allowed it to work on Tails. I'll be sure to fix that later, though. Regarding extra customization, different shapes and sizes are out of the question, since all the graphics still need to fit in the save box. Presets and maybe even extra patches, however, aren't out of the question. Thanks for the suggestion.

I actually didn't know that it only worked for Tails. It seems as though that the person who previously coded the perfect saves only allowed it to work on Tails. I'll be sure to fix that later, though. Regarding extra customization, different shapes and sizes are out of the question, since all the graphics still need to fit in the save box. Presets and maybe even extra patches, however, aren't out of the question. Thanks for the suggestion.
you can make the shapes and sizes have a size limit

StarManiaKG updated The Story of Uncapped Revengence Discord the 3rd with a new update entry:

TSoURDt3rd - Version 2.6 - Tortured StarManiaKG Edition

i have tortured myself again

CHANGELOG
  • Discord Changes
    • Fixed some strings here and there.
  • TSoURDt3rd Changes
    • FIXED MOST, IF NOT ALL, OF SOME MAJOR NETGAME DESYNCHS
      • As a result, all of TSoURDt3rd's extra content has been split into another file, named tsourt3rdextras.pk3, and as such, you'll need to grab these assets again.
        • Holiday events will automatically load this PK3, so if...

Read the rest of this update entry...

the extras file is making it so i cant go on servers, and when i delete the extras file i cant open the game.

the extras file is making it so i cant go on servers, and when i delete the extras file i cant open the game.
Since it's still April, and since events like easter load the PK3 automatically, run the -noeaster command-line parameter when running SRB2, as mentioned in the changelog.

im still using 2.5 because i cant fix that stupid issue of the server addons

im still using 2.5 because i cant fix that stupid issue of the server addons
Well, since it'll be May tomorrow, the Easter stuff will be gone by then, which means that SRB2 won't automatically load that PK3. However, you could just run SRB2 with the -noeaster command-line parameter, which also won't load the PK3 at all.

Well, since it'll be May tomorrow, the Easter stuff will be gone by then, which means that SRB2 won't automatically load that PK3. However, you could just run SRB2 with the -noeaster command-line parameter, which also won't load the PK3 at all.
oh, now i know, thanks!

yesterday, I noticed that players in my netgames were able to change characters as if character-changing restrictions were turned off, even though I, the server host, had said restrictions turned off
when I asked about it, I was told that it was made possible by this client; I wasn't running this client, but the players that were defying the character-changing restriction had the client
fwiw, I was using the anti-leavebug client that's posted in the thread for the mod's page, and again, not this client
since then, TSoURDt3rd has been updated from v2.5 to v2.6

that said, I'd like if TSoURDt3rd was updated to respect the server setting in question

I'm having issues adding my custom song into the game, because the musicdef file is not in my srb2 folder, but its in the mystic realm compile files,
And also, when it said to open it with the sound file, it didnt work, or maybe i didnt understand it, i dunno.
If only a youtube video existed...

yesterday, I noticed that players in my netgames were able to change characters as if character-changing restrictions were turned off, even though I, the server host, had said restrictions turned off
when I asked about it, I was told that it was made possible by this client; I wasn't running this client, but the players that were defying the character-changing restriction had the client
fwiw, I was using the anti-leavebug client that's posted in the thread for the mod's page, and again, not this client
since then, TSoURDt3rd has been updated from v2.5 to v2.6

that said, I'd like if TSoURDt3rd was updated to respect the server setting in question
Hi, could you please explain this again for me? This issue is a bit confusing for me, as I tested this exact issue with the current version of this build, and as far as i saw, players weren't able to change characters while their skins were restricted. Players are, however, able to change their skins while they're moving, but only in specific gamemodes, and if they have a specific cvar enabled. Even then, they're still not able to change their skin while skin restrictions are on, which is why I'm confused by this issue.

I'm having issues adding my custom song into the game, because the musicdef file is not in my srb2 folder, but its in the mystic realm compile files,
And also, when it said to open it with the sound file, it didnt work, or maybe i didnt understand it, i dunno.
If only a youtube video existed...
There's actually a small tutorial on how to add custom songs on the overview page. However, did you make sure that the MUSICDEF file is named properly and has the right structures? If so, did you make sure that the Mystic Realm compile script actually puts that file in the PK3? If so, did you make sure that you named all of the tracks correctly?

Hi, could you please explain this again for me? This issue is a bit confusing for me, as I tested this exact issue with the current version of this build, and as far as i saw, players weren't able to change characters while their skins were restricted. Players are, however, able to change their skins while they're moving, but only in specific gamemodes, and if they have a specific cvar enabled. Even then, they're still not able to change their skin while skin restrictions are on, which is why I'm confused by this issue.
I'm not sure how to explain it any better than I did in my post, but I happen to have a recording of what I'm talking about; the recording will expire in the next 4 days
you'll find some examples of what I'm talking about around and after the 4:46.00 mark; some people were abusing this character-swapping, which I'd remarked about during the recording:
the addons used, in total, were robo-hood, input viewer, and my level pack, with no other addons
I was using the client found in this thread: https://mb.srb2.org/threads/leavebug-anti-crash-hack.33071/
again, the players swapping skins when they weren't supposed to were using v2.5 of TSoURDt3rd, though iirc, one or more of them updated to 2.6 during the stream

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back