The Chaotix

The Chaotix 1

Ok someone please help me out with this, I cannot , for the life of me get mighty's hammer drop to work, is this togglable? Am i not reading something right? I would really appreciate some help

So I have a problem where this mod seems to be incompatible with certain character mods. Usually I like to turn on all of my favorites that are compatible and do like encore mode, but when I do that, half the Chaotix don't even appear in the character select despite there being NO warnings about conflicts in the code, so I don't know which characters are incompatible. If it helps, here's a list of the character mods I turn on: Adventure Sonic, the Deltarune trio, Modern Sonic, Metal Knuckles & Tails Doll, Blaze and Marine, Shadow, Surge, Team Kinetic, Whisper, Silver, and Werehog Sonic
Post automatically merged:

Update: The problem was apparently Whisper, Silver, and Werehog Sonic. I could do without Whisper and maybe Werehog Sonic, but I could never remove Silver from my Encore lineup, which is a shame because this mod would otherwise be great for it
Post automatically merged:

Update 2: If I just remove Whisper, Espio, Vector, Charmy, and Mighty are still available. Before, Vector was unavailable, but I think I'm willing to trade Whisper for Vector
This happens when you add too many characters, the characters limit is somewhere around 25 IIRC

This happens when you add too many characters, the characters limit is somewhere around 25 IIRC
The exact limit is 32 skins, including the vanilla 6- effectively 26, yes, and Braster's line-up well undercuts this limit. As far as the character select goes, though, additional slots get taken up by options like for example Sonic & Tails or Blaze & Marine, causing characters loaded lastly to not be selectable in the menu. They can be loaded from a save file to circumvent that though. Braster's case is odd because the game does spit errors if the character select gets over-filled. And, if I'm counting the total correctly, the only Chaotix character that shouldn't be showing up in their character select is Bomb, assuming they're loading Chaotix last.

I did some testing of my own, and i'm almost certain it's load order causing Braster's issue. I loaded Chaotix right after Adventure Sonic, and team kinetic, Werehog, Modern Sonic, and encore mode in that order last, and everything seemed to be working perfectly to me. The one issue is that Modern Sonic can't be picked from the character select, but that's minor to me. You might be able to afford to load team kinetic last so that the only loss is their team-up option, but I don't know if loading them after Werehog and Modern Sonic would cause issues.

The exact limit is 32 skins, including the vanilla 6- effectively 26, yes, and Braster's line-up well undercuts this limit. As far as the character select goes, though, additional slots get taken up by options like for example Sonic & Tails or Blaze & Marine, causing characters loaded lastly to not be selectable in the menu. They can be loaded from a save file to circumvent that though. Braster's case is odd because the game does spit errors if the character select gets over-filled. And, if I'm counting the total correctly, the only Chaotix character that shouldn't be showing up in their character select is Bomb, assuming they're loading Chaotix last.

I did some testing of my own, and i'm almost certain it's load order causing Braster's issue. I loaded Chaotix right after Adventure Sonic, and team kinetic, Werehog, Modern Sonic, and encore mode in that order last, and everything seemed to be working perfectly to me. The one issue is that Modern Sonic can't be picked from the character select, but that's minor to me. You might be able to afford to load team kinetic last so that the only loss is their team-up option, but I don't know if loading them after Werehog and Modern Sonic would cause issues.
So after testing it out, the extra characters do appear in the encore lineup, but not on the character select. I could swear I've never encountered this issue before, despite definitely loading more than this many characters in other encore pools. And like you said, the warnings don't appear in the console anyways

srb20025.png

Does not work for me and I'm playing on 32 bit on android ( it crashes on title screen so, maybe someone can give me this mod with regular srb2 title pls)and its on 2.2.13 😞

The one thing that should definitely be implemented is a built-in way to have the characters be in pairs instead of loading in another mod. Otherwise, it's a solid mod.

I certainly understand the rationale behind bundling the chaotix characters under one unified mod, however I think it would be also beneficial to provide individual addons that contain just a single character? As someone else mentioned there is a hard limit on how many characters the game can have loaded at a time, so for the bigger servers that have a lot of characters that does unfortunately force them to limit how many unique ones they can use, especially if they don't necessarily like or want to use all of the characters in the chaotix mod.

That, or the hardcoded character limit should be raised somehow, but that's a whole other can of worms and I have no idea how difficult that'd be :blink:

I certainly understand the rationale behind bundling the chaotix characters under one unified mod, however I think it would be also beneficial to provide individual addons that contain just a single character? As someone else mentioned there is a hard limit on how many characters the game can have loaded at a time, so for the bigger servers that have a lot of characters that does unfortunately force them to limit how many unique ones they can use, especially if they don't necessarily like or want to use all of the characters in the chaotix mod.

That, or the hardcoded character limit should be raised somehow, but that's a whole other can of worms and I have no idea how difficult that'd be :blink:
I also agree, being someone who wants to open a running server I might have second thoughts on adding such a big add-on. Since I also have to consider that I'll be adding map packs, etc. A big pack like this would work for something like SRB2P but not vanilla very much.

I can also see the issue with releasing these independently since updates must be considered, and the troubles of possibly spamming the MB with characters that already have a page, also confusion in general.

I also agree, being someone who wants to open a running server I might have second thoughts on adding such a big add-on. Since I also have to consider that I'll be adding map packs, etc. A big pack like this would work for something like SRB2P but not vanilla very much.

I can also see the issue with releasing these independently since updates must be considered, and the troubles of possibly spamming the MB with characters that already have a page, also confusion in general.
Pretty sure addons can support multiple downloads in them so I don't think that'd be an issue, otherwise I agree.

Lag spikes happen when going through the Deton path of THZ2 with Espio and Mighty, and I suspect the character mod is doing something.

fun fact: SMART TETHER BUT BOTH OF YOU ARE BOMB also whos heard of the anywho mod PLAY AS A DUO OF YOUR CHOICE

Not sure if is the right place for this, but Chaotix conflict with Super Mario Bros. They can't perform the dive anymore.

fun fact: SMART TETHER BUT BOTH OF YOU ARE BOMB also whos heard of the anywho mod PLAY AS A DUO OF YOUR CHOICE

I have that mod, I used that mod

I completed a playthrough with Bomb and he's probably one of the most fun characters I've done a playthrough with in general. (although the Metal Sonic fight was pretty awful...)

I have to give big props to this whole pack here, you really hit it out of the park.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back