Terra the Pangolin

Terra the Pangolin v1.3b

jayflamestar

the silly
jayflamestar submitted a new resource:

Terra the Pangolin - The resident of Alpine Paradise Zone explores the world!

Terra the Pangolin

After overhearing a conversation about the destruction of Greenflower Mountain, Terra the Pangolin, a resident of Alpine Paradise Zone, decides to take matters into her own hands!
View attachment 73728
Abilities:

Super Sling

View attachment 73730
Press Jump in mid-air to exchange your forward momentum for a good amount of height! Pressing Jump again recurls you and cancels your...​

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for letting me hop in to help out with Terra's scripting! Was truly a blast - a Robo Blast, if you will :shitsfree:
Really loved the sprites and custom sounds you threw in for the abilities! Still, there's a few things I did forget to account for with the Hyper Dash, and I'll get around to those things when I get around to them.
For now, I've still got Extra Life to work on... dear god this is gonna be dreadful :dramahog:

Thanks for letting me hop in to help out with Terra's scripting! Was truly a blast - a Robo Blast, if you will :shitsfree:
Hey , if you are the scripter , can you fix this bug with the Hyper Dash?

Attachments

• srb20017.gif
    srb20017.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 107
jayflamestar updated Terra the Pangolin with a new update entry:

v1.1 - Minor Graphical Changes

• Fixed offset issues with the life icon and one of the falling animations​
  • Remade the NiGHTS flying sprite, it used to just be the spring animation​
  • Made minor edits and fixes to some sprites​
View attachment 73971
next update should be the one that fixes some of the coding issues, unless i decide some more sprites need a little more improvement!​

Read the rest of this update entry...

I find it funny how this character breaks the "Clothed female, Nude male" trope we know from the Sonicverse, and as far as I'm aware, this is a first within the list of SRB2 OCs, and Sally Acorn being the only canon female character to also be (mostly) nude.
(do please correct me if i missed any other OC or canon example)

i dont really dislike that trope, i mostly made her go against it because this is my first character mod and i was worried the whole sprite-making process was gonna be too difficult if i gave her too complex of a design. i guess if ya want a canon explanation for that you can say she hates gender norms

v1.2

First things first: XMomentum support!
View attachment 74462
When XMomentum is loaded alongside Terra, she uses a new skincolor called Pholidota!
View attachment 74463
View attachment 74464
Her Hyper Dash also gains acceleration instead of staying at a consistent speed! This makes her much faster, but harder to control, which should be fun for speedruns!
View attachment 74465
Last but not least for the XMomentum...​

Does this character have a Super form? Pretty cool if so, but pretty lame if not. Feel like her abilities could get stronger at the very least.
EDIT : Yeah, she does. Pretty lame, though. Her abilities could've been usable multiple times in midair, or at least been made stronger.
Also, using her with Mighty the Armadillo is the dream team we never knew we wanted, especially when using BuddyEX by SMS Alfredo to use both of their abilities at once.

Last edited:
There's some bug i found(plus i think you forgot to add the OOF_ sprite)

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    439.4 KB · Views: 101
did you load terra before xmomentum? that mightve been why the OOF_ sprite didnt work
Load order does not matter if you freeslot it Jay. Also from the screenshots on the update post the trick fail sprite's offsets should be lowered IMO.
Post automatically merged:

Does this character have a Super form? Pretty cool if so, but pretty lame if not. Feel like her abilities could get stronger at the very least.
EDIT : Yeah, she does. Pretty lame, though. Her abilities could've been usable multiple times in midair, or at least been made stronger.
Also, using her with Mighty the Armadillo is the dream team we never knew we wanted, especially when using BuddyEX by SMS Alfredo to use both of their abilities at once.
Maybe the super form can be improved on. I could also make a concept for custom super sprites.

Last edited:

v1.3 - oh my god this should not have taken so long im so sorry

Yaaaay!
Sorry this update isn't too huge (and that it took so long to release jesus christ), school as well as some other personal things took up a lot of my time, but this dumb lil thing is out now, and thats what counts!!

View attachment 80247
To start, Both the Super Sling and the Hyper Dash are now a lot flashier!

View attachment 80248
Terra's Hyper Dash can break through bustable objects now too!

View attachment 80257
Last but not least...​

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back