SUGOI

SUGOI 2.2a

You should also nerf the Soniguri boss battle. It's so unfair, and i know it's a bullet hell but like... given the controls and just how many bullets there are in the fight it just makes it uncomfortable to control.

So... I don't think I can play the first level

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    475.7 KB · Views: 81
Sugoi v2.2a again. Finished the Emblem Hunt... but not fully since I ran into some stuff along the way.

As usual, this contains spoilers so view at own risk.

===[Subarashii Area]===
- The SUBARASHII Secret Clear Emblem seems to be bug'd as I cleared this three times and didn't get the emblem. Twice during the Story and once during Record Attack.
===[Kimokawiii Part 1 Area]===
- Backyard Brother has a lua error upon entry.
srb20056.gif

```
WARNING: ...sl_sugoi_v2-2.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/bother-kimoiii.lua:327: Do not access an mobj_t field outside a level!
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
...sl_sugoi_v2-2.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/bother-kimoiii.lua:327: in function <...sl_sugoi_v2-2.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/bother-kimoiii.lua:323>
```

- There's... a missing window with the second puzzle room in Amethyst Aqueducts.
srb20057.gif

-The tube puzzle thingy in Amethyst Aqueducts where you need two statues and a player to activate it doesn't seem to work, leading to a softlock. Tails can barely get around this and I'm not sure if Knuckles can if those walls are no-climb. (Left is the softlock, right is the workaround)
srb20058.gif
srb20065.gif

- During VS Soniguri I somehow got the max amount of Score, like... 99999990 Score. I wanna say it prob was due to me dying and the boss dying somewhat near each other and the end results was tallying up per tic as the level restarted due to me dying. This was during Record Attack.
srb20059.gif
===[Kimokawiii Part 2 Area]===
- Cosmic Valley has a broken Hidden Emblem. Does not show up with the Radar or with any character. Unsure if no hint are intended as there were some Emblems in other maps that had no hints. (Will have to look through them again)
srb20066.gif
===[MISC]===
I am at 427/430 Emblems and currently two of them are bug'd and cannot be collected. I also do not have any idea where the last emblem is at and if that was accounted for besides the two bug'd ones... I would be at 428. Here's a gif of my checklist & statistics. Maybe I missed a level somewhere?
srb20069.gif

I don't know if this a problem with SRB2 or a bug in the mod, but I can't connect to the SUGOI servers since the version is "outdated" even though I'm on the latest version of SRB2. What's more confusing is that it's basically telling me to update 2.2.13 to 2.2.13. How is that not confusing the hell out of me?
Another confusing thing is when I open normal SRB2, the servers look fine. I hope they look into that and patches it.
(Still, idk if it's a bug with SRB2 itself or the SUGOI servers are broken/shut down)

The "SUBARASHII Secret Clear" emblem cannot be obtained because the condition for it is improperly set.
Screenshot of lines 182-184 from !0_main.soc:
Screenshot 2024-05-22 165253.png

The correct Condition1 would be "MapBeaten C5".

Playing some more...

It feels like the map between the first cutscene and the second hub world was designed for the OpenGL renderer without shaders enabled (in software, it is pitch black half the time and there are a lot of bottomless pits below platforms you have to fall a long way onto). This is a major difficulty spike for so early in the campaign. Now I understand player-submitted content can vary a bit here, but mandatory sections can use a better difficulty ramp.

EDIT: Okay, it is not as difficult once you figure out where you can jump, and it does get easier after a point, but you do spend quite a few lives trying to figure out where you need to go in a zone with little to no directioning.

Last edited:
I have a bug to report! The game crashes in SUGOI 2's Finale if you die and respawn, I am unsure if this applies to single player, But it definitely does in Multiplayer.

Id love to play through these more but, please, fix the notable bugs and such. Cant even get between SUGOI and Subarashii, it crashes during the eggman dialog every time for little to no reason (not a sigsev but like a genuine no-warning crash) and pretty much makes the rest of it unplayable for me

Id love to play through these more but, please, fix the notable bugs and such. Cant even get between SUGOI and Subarashii, it crashes during the eggman dialog every time for little to no reason (not a sigsev but like a genuine no-warning crash) and pretty much makes the rest of it unplayable for me
...might it be worth checking your version against the latest? Pretty sure that bug's been fixed as of v2.2.

I've encountered two broken levels thus far: Amethyst Aqueducts and Bio Satellite. The former has a gravity-flipping device toward the end that doesn't work despite having the two gargoyles; the latter has spinnable walls that aren't breaking at the start. There's also a number of zones (Mechanical Garden comes to mind) that don't have proper looping tracks.

Attachments

• srb20150.png
    srb20150.png
    320 KB · Views: 20

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back