Suggestions

insta-shield should be on the table imo if thok's getting nixed, hell i'd love to see full-on mcsonic in vanilla minus the bounce (not to say i don't love the bounce but yknow bubble shields and all that) though i guess we're already kinda there with the wall dash thing

insta-shield should be on the table imo if thok's getting nixed, hell i'd love to see full-on mcsonic in vanilla minus the bounce (not to say i don't love the bounce but yknow bubble shields and all that) though i guess we're already kinda there with the wall dash thing
If the thok gets removed, then I do imagine the official race maps being revived for the future major versions because without the thok, Sonic isn't overpowered. And I do agree that insta-shield should be on the table because it can be the replacement for the thok.

Insta-shield does have it's uses, but it's not as useful in 3D as it is in 2D, and isn't a mobility tool. They have stated before that the Sonic revamp being done is to make Sonic more friendly to newcomers, as he's the character most new players will want to play as first. The Insta-shield wouldn't serve this purpose, as it's usefulness even in 2D is largely skill based, with many players never even bothering to figure out when to use it. That said, I personally wouldn't be against it being part of Sonic's kit in some form, though I'm not sure how it could be implemented. Perhaps it could be mapped to spin while jumping? It would need a bit of a slight radius boost though, as the version present in S3&K and Mania wouldn't be very useful in SRB2.

it absolutely is a mobility tool off enemies not to mention giving you temporarily invulnerability to dodge hits while running. though obviously you'd have to extend its range and maybe even its how long it lasts

but yeah imo sonic should have as many convenience-based moves as practical. i'd be fine with both thok and insta-shield along with that more floaty msconic jump ability that would let newbies get through more perilous parts more easily

Last edited:
it absolutely is a mobility tool off enemies
Not in any way that the thok (which is being replaced) isn't already better at. They are both similar in that you gain extra height with good timing while falling towards the enemy, but with the thok you also gain extra horizontal momentum allowing you to fly much further distances. You don't need the Insta-shield to do normal bounces either, so the same general mobility is available to you without having to do any tricky timing. The most useful thing it could do is get rid of projectiles, but again that's not something that new players could be expected to pull off much, or care enough about to get good with.

There's also the potential criticism that the Insta-shield is too similar to Amy's hammer, as they both serve a similar purpose in midair of damaging enemies with a brief attack.

How about a notification sent to the server owner (and any of the server moderators if the owner isn't in the server) when a file is too large to be sent over the server so that they can raise the maxsend limit?

A way to try out Sonic's new ability like how we have a way to try out the new physics.

Better to get feedback from both new and old players than just the new.

from what i've seen the new physics look more unhinged than sa1's but i personally am fine with that, it's just gonna need to be facilitated by a lot of level design changes. once that's done though it could be really fun. i'm already having trouble going back to the regular 2.2 physics after messing around with adventure sonic.

Last edited:
I got around to downloading it, but it doesn't seem to work. It gives an error that srb2.pk3 is old, corrupt, or modified.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back