Suggestions

Limit how many lines of text a client can send within a certain time-span. Prevents text spam.

Blah blah Hopeless Penny dilusion blah blah blah
Pffffft. You are like, the worst new guy, like, almost ever. For one, I couldn't understand one word you said.

New console command: tempban [playername or num] [text] [time in hours]

So there would be tempbans, and we wouldn't have to clear every single ban in case we don't want a guy banned forever.
For example, say I want to temp ban kkc (which would never happen; I would perma-ban him) for a few hours to teach him a lesson. I type tempban kkc/02 Go away 02. He would be banned for two hours.

I dunno if this was already suggested, but...

You know how Tails was able to "run on water" after getting the speed shoes because they activated his running frames? Well, how about bringing back runonwater (or make a new variable) but set it to only work if the speed shoes are given. This would be cool as a powerup for some fast characters or characters that levitate in their run frames.

Edit: whoops, figured out someone actually did suggest that >_>;

Last edited:
Instead of being water tagged as a death pit, Acid should have it's own sector type: It simply acts as you have no rings when you take damage from it. This would mean that Super Sonic, Invincibility, and the shields would not die to acid, as seeing Super and Invin getting killed by something like that is just absurd. Elemental Shield should defend from it just incase someone wants to make a underacid secret path or something.
I support this, but only if it does kill people with Elemental Shields. Said shield is already powerful enough. And if this is implemented, it needs a custom death message :P

Inuyasha and I in IRC said:
<HSX> why is it that NoJumpSpin itself was taken out, and in the process I can't spin if I activate it with ability2? :@
<HSX> that sucks hard
<Inuyasha> HSX: yes, I think it's idiotic too

So yeah, I think you should separate NoJumpSpin with ability2. Honestly, I don't need multiability going along with jumping and NOT SPINNING.

Increase Tails' acceleration while flying. Gives him the agility he needs be stay unpredictable in match and dodge rings.

Add an option for the race monitor boxes to be set to super sneakers.

Raise the default time limit for match.

You know how, when you complete a level, it says "*character* has completed Act X" ? I think it'd be cool for co-op netgames for it to show your name, instead of your character's skin name. That, and/or the person who completed the level first.

EDIT: just to clarify, in case you didn't understand what I meant, by "your name" I meant the player's name. Like, it would say "PLAYER 6 HAS COMPLETED ACT 2" or something, however if you made your name, say, Chris, it would say "CHRIS HAS COMPLETED ACT 2" instead.

Increase Tails' acceleration while flying. Gives him the agility he needs be stay unpredictable in match and dodge rings.
I don't think about increase his aceleration, but increase his control in mid-air, so, it'd be easy to dodge rings.

How about setting a time limit to some abilities, like SuperSonic float? I mean, for a character like Silver, they could be able to float for a certain amount of time before stopping mid-air. It would make the character less cheap and give more of a challange.

...And maybe for Thok, how about a time where momentum's cut off? (unless you use Senku's alternative for cutting momentum, which is more an unwanted side-effect, but still :P)

Okay so, I know this is very late, but one point, I suggested that the red crawlas, with the canon like thing strapped onto their face shoot something. I said that I thought that made them harder, and actually threatening because it did that in SA-SRB2. Much to my dismay, they said, and I quote...

犬夜叉;678882 said:
*ehem*

SASRB2 was absolutely impossible to play due to just how ANNOYING those bullet-spawning red crawlas were. I would not want to see that become official.

Now, I know this is much too late to truly respond to this, as it was a whole 12 pages ago, but see, I decided to test this statement. Not only did I completely finish the game, the regular srb2 stages, I decided to play Mystic Realm with the SA-SRB2 mod still loaded, so the red crawlas shot "annoyingly." Suffice to say, this is as far as I got.

Ariel Garden Zone Act 2.

Act two, of Ariel Garden Zone. So keep in mind, this impossible feat was completely cleared on the regular srb2, but nearly finished, emeralds and all (except for the AGZ emerald) with me left to tell the tale. Explain to me, if this was so impossible, that I managed to get that far?

Not only that, but seeing as the creators/coders for srb2 know their stuff, they could slow down the amount of shots fired. So, I guess I will throw this suggestion out there again,
make the red crawlas worth something as an enemy as they are really useless.

Crawlas are stupid, arbitrary thing placements that are just scattered around levels for the sake of lazily saying "okay, here's some enemies; now there's some level of difficulty in this act". All of the enemies in the old Sonic games had unique behaviors and some sort of gimmick or threat attached to the usual "touch me and I'll hurt you" with the exception of the motobug and grounder, and even then, the motobug was faster than a red crawla, and grounder usually popped out of nowhere, putting the element of surprise on its side.

So, crawlas are supposed to be the definitive beginner's enemy. Okay, that's fine. But once you get to the second zone, you expect the enemies to be a little more interesting or challenging. Besides, as it stands, the first two zones have tons of crawlas spread all around the levels, and once the player reaches DSZ, general enemy placement not only changes radically, but crawlas never show their filthy mugs again. As far as level progression goes, this doesn't make any sense. I'd rather the crawlas either stopped appearing after GFZ1 or were scattered across the entire campaign.

You could also just make the red crawlas a little more sophisticated and give them some reasonable firepower. Would it be asking too much to just make them fire a few bullets parallel to the ground every few seconds and back away from the player rather than close in? All it would take is a little bit of soccing, and the only level you'd have to modify is THZ1 to have less crawlas.

Crawlas are stupid, arbitrary thing placements that are just scattered around levels for the sake of lazily saying "okay, here's some enemies; now there's some level of difficulty in this act".
Yes, I very much agree. The way they are thrown around in GFZ actually makes the level look somewhat ugly. The problem is not the enemy in itself, but rather their horrid and random placement.

and once the player reaches DSZ, general enemy placement not only changes radically, but crawlas never show their filthy mugs again.
Except for CEZ1, but I found that lone Crawla in the trap to be an awful idea in the first place.

As far as level progression goes, this doesn't make any sense. I'd rather the crawlas either stopped appearing after GFZ1 or were scattered across the entire campaign.
Oh please don't scatter them across the whole campaign. That woul dbe awful. Just restrict them to GFZ. Actually, since Crawlas are tanks, they'd fit into THZ much more than they fit GFZ. I'd suggest making a new, GFZ-themed enemy that has the same behavior as the blue Crawla but looks more at home in a meadow-type level. Then you could add some unique attack pattern to the red Crawlas and use them for THZ. I don't really like the bullet-firing idea though, dunno why.

That would be very unoriginal, although a slight variation on the Motobug would be appreciated, similar to how the Pointy is basically a ripoff.

Or how the fish in DSZ are basically an SRB2 version of Jaws from Labyrinth zone in Sonic 1 (Genesis)? [the sprites really do look that much alike.]

I know I've said this before, but I really think that the special ability frames should be seperate from the super frames.

Hell yeah

It sucks when ya really wanna give both special ability and super frames for the character but then it's not possible

This gotta be added, I say!

I'd suggest making a new, GFZ-themed enemy that has the same behavior as the blue Crawla but looks more at home in a meadow-type level.

How about a jumping frog robot? Or monkeys robots? Or some insects like giant mechanic beetles?
Or everyting that fits on a completely green level.

How about a jumping frog robot? Or monkeys robots? Or some insects like giant mechanic beetles?
Or everyting that fits on a completely green level.

That actually could be easily done with proper spriting and SOCing. The frog especially; just make some sprites and give it the A_BunnyHop feature a few times.

Anyway, I was thinking... since the "runonwater" thing was so looked down upon because it made finishing the level easier, why not make running on water an ability? Think of it; instead of an ability that makes you able to fly, glide, float, or shoot through the air, why not simply an ability that lets you run across water? The other abilities are meant to make avoiding obstacles easier, but think of it, so would running on water.

Of course, maybe having a character with that ability have a better jumpheight would be fair, considering he can't do anything in the air. :P (maybe the same can apply for characters with no ability)

Also, I'd like it if in the next verision, characters with abilities like float and slowfall (maybe the others) could have a variable like this:

Code:
abilityframes = 1
"abilityframes" would set what frames are used while doing the ability. For instance:

0 = default (whatever frames are going on when you jump, weather they're spin or the spring frames).
1 = walking frames (floating would then work like walking on air, literally. Just standing there would have you just standing, moving would be walking and moving fast enough would be running. This would probably have you get hurt when you touch enemies, though).
2 = only walking frames (probably the same as 1, but instead of using running frames, it would only be walking frames, even at the highest speed).
3 = running frames (same as 2, but replace walking frames with running).
4 = only running frames (standing = the first running frame; probably would work for characters that "float" when they run)
5 = ability frames (uses the ability frames)

Seriously, not everyone spins when falling/floating and looking at the ground like an idiot is stupid :<

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 9, Members: 0, Guests: 9)

Back