Suggestions

But, as several people have already stated before me, creating new inconsistencies in powerups and abilities between Multiplayer and Single Player is out of the question. It would steepen the already brutal learning curve in SRB2 and create hordes of complainers asking why they can't put a certain powerup in Single Player.

But I'm not saying it would be different for Match and Co-op, I mean it will be the same all around. As the person before me stated, there aren't very many parts where that's important. So why not just add it because it's so minort?

But I'm not saying it would be different for Match and Co-op, I mean it will be the same all around. As the person before me stated, there aren't very many parts where that's important. So why not just add it because it's so minort?
Because it screws with balance. That feature would be completely useless in most stages and extremely god-like in others. It seems to me like you want this feature in just because you came up with it, but you will have to realize that it doesn't work very well.

I want the whirlwind shield to make you run on water so that when the original suggester plays Tidal Palace he gets crushed every 45 seconds and then he comes to this thread to complain about it.

But see, the cool thing is, I said run on water, not float up to the top of the water. There's a huge difference here. Also, you say that as if it's terrible and is a huge problem if you add a minor non-important ability to the shield. I can tell you that some characters had the "run-on-water" ability back in 1.09.4 as one of their regular everyday abilities. I found no issue with playing as them, and never had to worry about getting crushed every 45 seconds. I also played as Super Sonic, who can run on water when he starts bursting in to speed. Guess what, no issue there either.

But see, the cool thing is, I said run on water, not float up to the top of the water. There's a huge difference here.
The difference is what exactly? You're still on top of the water.

Also, you say that as if it's terrible and is a huge problem if you add a minor non-important ability to the shield.
"Implement my idea already, because it's so minor that it would make the game only slightly worse, and I would get my way." We stated numerous reasons as to why this would be a bad idea, and simply pretending those issues don't exist doesn't get you anywhere.

I can tell you that some characters had the "run-on-water" ability back in 1.09.4 as one of their regular everyday abilities. I found no issue with playing as them, and never had to worry about getting crushed every 45 seconds. I also played as Super Sonic, who can run on water when he starts bursting in to speed. Guess what, no issue there either.
Back in 1.09.4, Tidal Palace didn't exist. Using a Whirlwind Shield in that stage would plain crush you against the ceiling, which is really bad. In Deep Sea Zone however, it would completely trivialize huge chunks of the stage (as I have stated numerous times, but you completely ignored that).

So here we have several reasons why the Whirlwind Shield should not have the run on water ability, but you gave us none why it should have it.

I just think it logically makes sense that a shield that has to deal with wind would have an ability to allow you to run on water.

Also, you completely ignored what I said about "Super Sonic"

Back in 1.09.4 if you were running on water and it rose to a ceiling you would just simply go under the water. (if I remember correctly)

I just think it logically makes sense that a shield that has to deal with wind would have an ability to allow you to run on water.
Not really, no. Just because it can give me a vertical boost of wind, that doesn't mean it lets me run on water. Also, going by this, the Attraction Shield would have to attract Crawlas, since they are made of steel.

Also, you completely ignored what I said about "Super Sonic"
The same applies as with other "run on water" characters. Also, Super Sonic needs considerable speed to do that. And if the Whirlwind Shield had that ability, Super Sonic would have one unique ability less.

A / for Special Stages incase Wad editors like to mess about with the HUD.

Example: Player's Rings/Needed Rings

Like... say if the HUD is setup as this.
suggestion.png

Could there be a small lump to add a /? Something like this.
suggestion.png

There could be a option to turn off the /. By default, it'll be off unless the person making changes may want to use it.

It could also be used to tell how many Rings in total are in the level, for those that are going for Perfect Bonuses.

Last edited:
It could also be used to tell how many Rings in total are in the level, for those that are going for Perfect Bonuses.
I kinda like there being uncertainty in whether or not I've met the requirements for a Perfect Bonus. Maybe that should be an unlockable feature.

Yeah. And also, I think players should be given the choice to toggle it on or off, and set it off by default, so as to preserve the traditional format of the Sonic HUD unless the player chooses otherwise.

I Think there should be enemies That take more then one hit to defeat like how Fawfulfan made for Tortured Planet. Not like Eggman but Mini bosses.

It seems you forgot about the Crawla Commander and the Egg Guard. Perhaps you wanted more of those enemies that share the same style of requiring more than one hit to be defeated.

And, I don't know if this has been suggested or not, or if it was, then rejected, but how about having some place in the interface that shows how many tokens you collected? Something like this would really help in cooperative gameplay.

Last edited:
What do you mean by that? yes I know the Crawla Commanders and Egg Guards have a more then one hit kill but I am talking about Mini Bosses Instead of Just every two levels excluding Castle Eggman, there should be some Mini Bosses placed in certain levels to give the player more of a challenge.

We don't even have all the act 3 bosses done after more then 10 years, I don't think mini bosses would/could come anytime soon.

There is a miniboss in ERZ2, and here will be a miniboss in NAGZ. Chances are you might see some other minibosses, who knows?

NAGZ mini-boss? What? Are you giving away a spoiler or something, SC?

Anyway...

I think these 9 sector effects should be replaced with a single linedef that tags the control sector(s) of the bustable/spin bust/shatter FOF(s) you want to use it on.

(Seriously, nine sector effects just to alter the rock sprite of Bustable blocks? Those have got to go, IMO.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 13, Members: 0, Guests: 13)

Back