Suggestions

If a mod has more than 7 unlockables, allow for the page system to be used with the Secrets Checklist. (See Statistics for page system example)

The statistics screen's page system is something I want to get rid of, not see elsewhere.

As it is currently, the statistics screen is a clunky mess.

Have lives set to 1 in Time Attack like in Sonic CD. Even if someone manages to get an extra life, the game should still take them back to the TA screen. This is so that one does not exploit the disappearing red platforms in ERZ2.

Have lives set to 1 in Time Attack like in Sonic CD. Even if someone manages to get an extra life, the game should still take them back to the TA screen. This is so that one does not exploit the disappearing red platforms in ERZ2.
Time Attack has no signEDIT: starposts.

Effect 6: "Water Fog" (Since this is its only documented property)
Wait, what? What? No, I read about this somewhere in the wiki too, and I'm stumped. You mean changing the distance lighting color to something other than black? You do that just by writing a color to a colormap linedef's lower texture. Effect 6 has nothing to do with this. To my knowledge, all Effect 6 is is the old Impassable flag (which Doom Builder keeps wanting to put on every new one-sided linedef, sigh). I'm not even sure if there's any linedef special which uses it.

Yeah, I kinda doubted it really had a special property myself...I was just doing what the Wiki said. We could probably leave Effect 6 alone, or maybe even just change it back to Impassable.

I stand by what I say for the others, though...I still believe it to be a good idea.

Impassible didn't even work, that's why it's gone. It's about as effective to a thok as a one-sided linedef is.

Effect 1 and 2 should be the other way around, they make FOFs intangible to the player and other objects, because they're solid to both by default.

Either way, this shouldn't be part of the linedef flags' name, because they're specific effects that apply to individual specials. Future (lol) versions of SRB2DB and Workbench should have a way of easily pointing out these extra features to the user (imagine, you pick a standard FOF from the menu, and "Effect 2" changes to "Intangible to Players"). And of course, also allow full customization of all the thing flag labels, not just the last two. The last one isn't even a real flag anymore.

I know this probably sounds stupid but,

Super forms for other characters -other- than just Sonic? I mean, back in 1094, you could change it to whether or not the character had a super form, but that's not what I mean. I mean allowing Tails and Knuckles to go super in the single-play co-op. Their super forms existed in the old games for a reason you know.

And speaking of super forms, I kind of wish that you could activate them by pressing spindash in air like it was an ability. Call me crazy, but even playing as Sonic, I don't want to have to lose the ability to do a speed thok just because I didn't want to go super when I wanted to save rings.

犬夜叉;681085 said:

Do we have to go through this again?

Hence the reason why I started it off with "this probably sounds stupid" part.

And I assume you're talking about the Tails and Knuckles Super Form and not the spindash to super thing right?

Well speaking the truth Tails could only go super when he had all the chaos AND super emeralds.

You know, with a bit under 1626 suggestions, a lot would be ignored...
Anyway I'd like it if the "homing" console command was back.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 16, Members: 0, Guests: 16)

Back