Suggestions

Yeah, it's there. It's in a rather out-of-the-way room, and you can't get out of that room with it - all you can do is get the powerup on the ceiling and then wait to fall back down.

Well, unless you're Knux, but whatever.

That secret was mostly me messing around with the object and seeing what was necessary to actually use it for real. The answer is that there is a really massive amount of overhead in using the object to the point where it's just not worth using the actual monitor.

What if you made one of the soon-to-be levels, such as DCZ, have a gimmick of the level using the gravity boots to get across a pit?

ERZ already has enough upside-down gravity gimmicks. Actually, those gravity switches work just like Gravity Boots monitors, but they look better and actually changed gravity for everybody.

If possible transfer the colormap color of water sectors to the splash object that happens when you run on the surface of the water/jump into it. That was we don't always have that white/grey colored splash thing for lava, chemicals, water, acid, goop, etc.

I think you should be given a choice to do that via linedef flags, rather than that being a constant property...I agree that some liquids shouldn't have white splashes, but water typically should, even when it has a blue colormap.

Anyway...here are some ideas I have for new linedefs:

Linedef Executor: Start Appearing/Disappearing FOF Effect - Basically the same as Linedef Type 64, except it is governed by linedef executors, so it can be started with a trigger. This would make the effect more versatile. This can also resume Appearing/Disappearing FOFs that were stopped with any of the next linedef executors.

Linedef Executor: Stop Appearing/Disappearing FOF Effect (Turn All Off) - If the tagged sectors have an Appearing/Disappearing FOF effect, whether through Linedef Type 64 or through my previous suggestion, all the FOFs are switched off indefinitely.
Linedef Executor: Stop Appearing/Disappearing FOF Effect (Turn All On) - Same as the previous suggestion, except that the FOFs are switched on indefinitely, not off.

Linedef Executor: Stop Appearing/Disappearing FOF Effect (As Is) - Same as the previous suggestion, except that the FOFs are not toggled on or off, and simply remain in whatever state they were in at the time of execution.

Linedef Executor: Change Sector Special - The Sector Specials of a target sector will change to equal a value specified in the linedef's front side texture x-offset.

Linedef Executor: Change Waypoint Sequence - The waypoint sequence of a Zoom Tube or Rope Hang is changed to a value specified by the length of the linedef. I can envision a way to simulate this effect with the linedef executors SRB2 already has, but it would be ludicrously complicated compared to this method.

Instantly Raise Floor On Level Load - At the beginning of the level, the floor of a tagged sector is instantly raised to equal the sector's ceiling height.

Instantly Lower Ceiling On Level Load - At the beginning of the level, the ceiling of a tagged sector is instantly lowered to equal the sector's floor height.

Linedef Executor Trigger: Random (Continuous) - When the Trigger Linedef Executor Sector Special is activated, it will look for all instances of this Linedef Executor Trigger tagged to the sector, as always. But instead of executing all tagged lines, it will randomly select one of them to trigger. Then it will search for another random trigger, and another, and will keep doing it as long as the player is still triggering the executor.

Linedef Executor Trigger: Random (Each Time) - Same as above, but it will take effect only once for each time the player activates the tagged Sector Special.

Linedef Executor Trigger: Random (Each Time) - Same as above, but it will take effect only once.

Linedef Executor: Randomly Execute Linedef Executor Triggers - Similar to the above suggestions, but in this case, a Linedef Executor randomly chooses instances of tagged Linedef Executor Triggers. This might actually be a lot more flexible than the previous suggestion.

Last edited:
Instantly Raise Floor On Level Load - At the beginning of the level, the floor of a tagged sector is instantly raised to equal the sector's ceiling height.

Instantly Lower Ceiling On Level Load - At the beginning of the level, the ceiling of a tagged sector is instantly lowered to equal the sector's floor height.
Out of curiosity, may I ask what you would do with these? Instalower and instaraise are used to place things at ridiculously absurd heights above the floor or below the ceiling, far more than the Z offset can reach, but I can't figure out where you would use the ones you suggested.

Out of curiosity, may I ask what you would do with these? Instalower and instaraise are used to place things at ridiculously absurd heights above the floor or below the ceiling, far more than the Z offset can reach, but I can't figure out where you would use the ones you suggested.
It would make it much easier to create doors which remain open in Coop but shut in Single Player. I know that there are already ways of doing this, but having a single linedef that can do the effect would make it a lot more convenient.

That has been suggested several times as far as I can remember, and the main flaw of this idea is that spikes are just not very common. In Match and CTF, for example, it would be completely useless since there are no spikes, and in single player, there would be few spots where it would be helpful. In short, the purpose of this shield is too specific to make it a good idea beyond theory.

I know this is minor, but seeing as the whirlwind shield is pretty freaking useless, why don't you add the ability for the shield to allow you to run on water? Think about it, it's a shield of wind, it only makes sense to allow you to run on water.

The Whirlwind Shield is not useless kthxbai. Also, we have already been over water running, it's not gonna happen.

But, as several people have already stated before me, creating new inconsistencies in powerups and abilities between Multiplayer and Single Player is out of the question. It would steepen the already brutal learning curve in SRB2 and create hordes of complainers asking why they can't put a certain powerup in Single Player.

Well, he said it's not very powerful, not that it's useless :P
And if you make it more powerful, it will get overpowered in Single Player, where it already is quite useful of a shield. Plus, running over water isn't useful at all, except for a few stages where it's too OP.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back