Suggestions

I think I'm out of suggestions for now :3
Are you suggesting things for the sake of suggesting something or what? That seems to be a general attitude in this thread. You should suggest stuff that is reasonably possible to implement and would actually improve the game, and not try to think of as many things as possible. We probably need some guidelines for this thread or something, to filter out the amount of useless suggestions.

That's actually why I proposed changing this into a forum earlier. That way, moderators could instantly examine for useless or dumb threads and either delete them or mark them as invalid.

Well, I am actually all for the forum idea. We just need a set of rules, and whoever doesn't follow them is simply infracted (maybe just warned the first time around, everybody can make a genuine mistake) and their suggestion is deleted. I know that sounds harsh, but it would work very well.

EDIT: It seems the main reason Mystic gave for not creating such a forum was that almost all topics would simply be locked. But honestly, I don't see what is bad about that. As I said, simply infract people who continue to suggest useless things, and the problem will quickly solve itself, either because people stop making crap suggestions by themselves or because they are banned.

inb4 Mystic's explanation post that makes me feel like an idiot for not noticing the obvious downsides of my idea

Last edited:
Grenade Rings need to be the color of your character in CTF and Match. In fact, all thrown weapon rings need to match your team's color.

It's only particularly offensive with grenade and bounce rings though, since they usually stay on the field for a long time.

EDIT: It seems the main reason Mystic gave for not creating such a forum was that almost all topics would simply be locked. But honestly, I don't see what is bad about that. As I said, simply infract people who continue to suggest useless things, and the problem will quickly solve itself, either because people stop making crap suggestions by themselves or because they are banned.
Well, what you're forgetting is that someone would have to maintain said forum and actually go through the effort of locking several topics a day. That's a maintenance job I don't think anyone on the staff wants. This topic is really easy to maintain. All I have to do is read new posts, note any good ideas I see, and tell off all the idiots posting that Shadow should be added.

Making Suggestions a forum would dramatically increase the moderator workload around here.

Well, as long as you are able to find the good ideas between all the crap, I'm fine with that. If I were you, I'd be annoyed by that though...

It's a lot easier than locking every single bad idea and saying WHY it's a bad idea instead of just ignoring them like I do here.

Now, I know I will get shot for this but...

SRB2 should be smart enough to find any interpreted programming languages, and be able to use them.
(Probably should look in your PATH, match the language by name, and be able to execute it by that name.)
I know the likeliness that this will get implemented, but hey, why not share it?

Make Star Posts dissappear in Match, Tag and CTF, much like weapons do in reverse. It's currently impossible to have a map properly support both Match and Circuit race unless you're fine with having Star Posts all over the place for no reason while playing Match. :(

"If I can see it I should be able to get to it".

Or are they suppose to be visibly fenced off?

Last edited:
Glaber, do you use your brain at all when interpreting statements made in criticism of your own maps? Clearly it makes a huge difference if it's just scenery outside a window instead of a platform that's at the same height as the platform you're on.

When I make general statements there are frequently going to be corner cases and exceptions. When I say cramped areas are bad, I don't mean it's not possible to make a cramped area on purpose and succeed, what I mean is that MOST of the time cramped areas should be avoided. You sound like a preschooler complaining because their mother told him he couldn't play with the CDs on the shelf and then he got in trouble playing around with the DVDs. Sure, technically that's what she said, but it was implied that by "CD", she meant "circular disks that store data", not just CDs.

"But you said I couldn't play with the CDs." my ass.

Last edited:
Actually yes, but the conclusions I come do don't match. My mind has been influenced by other games that use the waist high wall, the invisible door with easily avoidable guard, and other tricks like that to keep the player on course. Even Sonic R did this and the visible fences were lower than sonic could jump in there too.

What I fail to comprehend is how when ever another company does the whole waist high visible barrier with infinitely high invisible one, they can get away with it, Valve included, and yet it's not acceptable here.

Last edited:
Somethin oddly tells me Mystic had something like that happen to him IRL, but that's just my brain making wierd assumptions. o.o

Yes, Hyper Shadic, when I was a little kid I did indeed act like that. It never got me anywhere except in more trouble.

Glaber, where in the official SRB2 game do you see us use such contrivances? Just because other games use such stupid designs doesn't mean we should, and neither should you. SRB2's engine is perfectly capable of displaying ACTUAL walls for things you can't climb on, and ACTUAL platforms for areas you can. There are many things the SRB2 engine has issues with, but showing the player where he can and cannot go is most definitely not one of them. Why are you adding arbitrary restrictions on what you can and can't use as a platform? This isn't a JRPG, so Sonic is not supposed to be stopped by a waist-high fence or a small puddle of water.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back