Suggestions

Make the bomb ring destroy monitors,so,if your opponent is close to get a powerful shield, you can destroy it with the bomb ring and no one will get it.

How about 3 different colors for Team match?

Blue team colors
Steel_Blue, Blue, Cyan.

Red team colors
Yellow, Red, and peach (Light red!)

You're getting it wrong (as always?). It's not that anybody thinks slopes are bad, it's more that SRB2 has come this far without slopes, and if they were added now, all the stages would need to be redesigned to make use of them.
Just like all the (existing) stages were redesigned to use polyobjects? Oh, wait.

*stuff about rings*
I think that was in a 1.09.4 version of XSRB2. It had the whole, "collect as many fast respawning rings as possible and bring them back to base" thing and every so often, giant rings would scatter the middle of the stage and everyone's like "OH MY GOD, MUST GET RINGS". It wass good, but I'm not sure how it played online...

Also,
srb2kirbyo said:
How about 3 different colors for Team match?

Blue team colors
Steel_Blue, Blue, Cyan.

Red team colors
Yellow, Red, and peach (Light red!

I agree, it would be cool if there was the possibility to choose a small amount of colours that were associated with red and blue.

Also, random TF2 idea, is it possible to script gameplay mode edits that do something else. For example, the whole "Roll the Dice" thing. Would it be possible to put in an input for a code of sorts like that?..

(Yeah, I'm winging it, this has a 1% chance of getting in, just the reading code would be hell, rather than people getting to make their own)

I think that was in a 1.09.4 version of XSRB2. It had the whole, "collect as many fast respawning rings as possible and bring them back to base" thing and every so often, giant rings would scatter the middle of the stage and everyone's like "OH MY GOD, MUST GET RINGS". It wass good, but I'm not sure how it played online...

No, that was in ShufflarB2, not XSRB2.

Little event idea

The week of halloween, maybe edit the sprites a little (like maybe putting a witch hat on Sonic or something), and allow it to be used or something. I don't know, just a little something for a holiday.

King of the Hill idea: I think it would be a smart idea, if King of the Hill was added, to have big parts such as the giant floating platform in Meadow Match Zone, were the "hills", persay.

Speaking of those events, I dislike the fact how it's only one day. I mean, I honestly think it should be the whole month.

And along with that, srb2 going with the seasons would be nice, even if the music didn't correspond with the snow that came down.

ThunderNova said:
King of the Hill idea: I think it would be a smart idea, if King of the Hill was added, to have big parts such as the giant floating platform in Meadow Match Zone, were the "hills", persay.

Look that:
That's possible in conjunction with Match mode and Linedef Type 427. You can easily create a spot in a level that gives you points as long as you are on it. There have even been a few KOTH maps for 1.09.4, but AFAIK, nobody has made one for 2.0 yet.

Just make one. =P

But if it becomes to a official gametype, it would be better.

Last edited:
Speaking of those events, I dislike the fact how it's only one day. I mean, I honestly think it should be the whole month.

And along with that, srb2 going with the seasons would be nice, even if the music didn't correspond with the snow that came down.
I'm pretty sure the only system clock based event left is the AFD intro.

Date-based gimmicks have caused problems in the past, which is why they were removed.

I didn't said it to YOU, I said it to ThunderNova.
I just forgot to quote him =/

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the only system clock based event left is the AFD intro.

Date-based gimmicks have caused problems in the past, which is why they were removed.

It's there, but I don't remember it triggering last April Fools. Saves a bit on the total file size of SRB2 The Past though.

It might have been finally removed. I've been on a half-decade long crusade to see every date-based feature purged from SRB2.

Well, there are a couple reasons, but the main one is that the system clock is not universally set properly, so there have historically been problems with netplay around Christmas because of the date-based event. The only date-based even that didn't really cause any issues is the 1.09.4 easter event, and to be honest, we already have an easter egg hunt in the game because of the emblem system, so that was kinda redundant.

hm, fair enough. However, I was thinking date-based events in netgames could only work if the server's clock is set to those dates. However, that's just me.

Well, the problem is that the game was loading external resources on game load. This causes contradictions with the netplay system in general.

Also, the date-based events really didn't add a whole lot to the game to begin with. X-Mas mode is a classic example. Sure, it changed the music and textures, but that was amusing only for a bit, and then became grating as the original end date was set to January 6th (12 days of Christmas my ass). Other events were frequently arbitrary or confusing as well. There was a period of time when Mario Koopa Blast triggered on New Year's Day, for example. What kind of sense does THAT make?

Mario Koopa blast, on new years? Sense not found.

The April fools event is still in the main files, as shown by my mod, but I think the trigger is gone. I think I may have suggested the removal of the SRB2 TGF opening because it didn't trigger. (edit: I did. first post on page 58)

Christmas mode though I feel should come back, but if it's still in a separate file (like I expect it would be) maybe it would had worked better if it loaded with the others from the start, but only triggered on the specified dates. Like the April fools event use to. It should also only last for 2 days, not 12. (the 24th and 25th of December)

But if that doesn't happen, I need to mess around with a copy of the SRB2 sources of 1.09.4 and 2.0.6, er, once I find out what file is the project file.

Last edited:
Glaber, the reality is that of all the events we've ever had, the Christmas one is by far the source of all of our problems. It causes SO many stupid bugs. If there's anything I wish I could delete from the history of SRB2, it would be that damn consistency failure on command...er, event.

Hell, just the fact that it generates precipitation in stages that don't naturally have it is a can of worms right there, since precipitation causes the stage to take a lot longer to load.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 13, Members: 0, Guests: 13)

Back