Suggestions

Closest area I found was the top of the canyon at the start of Arid Canyon with no visible fence, understandable as normaly sonic can't reach it, but Tails and Knuckles can. Also it's not just Jrpgs or Racing games, but I've even seen this done in Sonic games, most recent example being Unleashed HD and SD versions. (Masuri in HD)

(since when did a puddle of water block you?)

With Emerald Lake I wanted something that didn't look like it was in a valley, a pathway between trees, platforms above a bottomless pit filled with water, or even a beach (because that's not suppose to be the theme). unfortunately the only way I could do this was with the fence. Honestly, whenever I see a fence, even a waist high one (and there is one near where I live), I tend to think that you arent suppose to go over it even if you can.

SRB2 may be capable of displaying ACTUAL walls for things you can't climb on, and ACTUAL platforms for areas you can, but what about making areas that are suppose to be just scenery? How are we suppose to make areas like that that aren't behind glass?

Make the fence more noticable (honestly, how often are you low enough to see that puny fence in SRB2? not often enough)

Also, GFZ.

Would tall grass be a suitable replacement?

Aren't you able to climb all over the scenery areas of GFZ?

Would tall grass be a suitable replacement?
No. There is no suitable replacement for a tiny texture that blocks your path. Maybe a grate that leads all the way to the ceiling or a window.

Blocking the player with things that shouldn't block the player is dumb. Just because other games do this and get away with it doesn't make it less of a horrific cheat. You should always block the player with things that physically feel like they SHOULD be something that can block you.

Aren't you able to climb all over the scenery areas of GFZ?
Yes, you are. This is a GOOD thing. If you added details to those extra areas in your stage and let the player climb all over them, it would be a vast improvement.

Can we remove respawntime and setrings from match/CTF mode? At the very least, setrings? I can see a possible argument for respawntime, but setrings really has no purpose in match.

All this will cause is people being mad as some people used these options. Just look at casual servers, they use these things all the time. Also, keep in mind that people may create their own type of match. Such as
Everyone starting with x rings
Giving x Rings to winner of previous round
etc

Make Star Posts dissappear in Match, Tag and CTF, much like weapons do in reverse. It's currently impossible to have a map properly support both Match and Circuit race unless you're fine with having Star Posts all over the place for no reason while playing Match. :(
Better yet, make star posts and goal posts act as deathmatch spawns, that way players are more evenly distributed across the level at the start of the match.

That wouldn't work out as well because sometimes multiple star posts are put right next to each other for aesthetic purposes, and it also requires the map maker to make sure starpost positions work well both as starpost positions AND match spawns.

That wouldn't work out as well because sometimes multiple star posts are put right next to each other for aesthetic purposes, and it also requires the map maker to make sure starpost positions work well both as starpost positions AND match spawns.
Then if it's any consolation, the deaf flag could disable the feature.

But what Blue Warrior wants is an effortless way to add better Match "compatibility" to existing Single Player/Race levels. Which itself is a dumb idea, because those levels don't have weapon panels and ammo, SRMs and WRMs or level design that comes even close to being conductive for the gametype.

Race is a less serious gametype and you could easily make average (at best) circuits within existing match maps (Tidal Plant immediately strikes me as a fun idea), but Match relies heavily on level architecture and balance fit especially for it. If you're going to use the Single Player maps to play it, you might as well go fire up Demo 4, because that's about as much depth as you're going to get.

Blocking the player with things that shouldn't block the player is dumb. Just because other games do this and get away with it doesn't make it less of a horrific cheat. You should always block the player with things that physically feel like they SHOULD be something that can block you.

I completely agree with this. I always hated how in a lot of games, a small thing in your way prevented you from going that way. It just looked retarded :|

Suggestion:
In Dark City Zone Act 2, your player should be trying to get to the rocket leading to Egg Rock, but being occasionally stopped by Metal Sonic. They would be sort of like mini-boss battles. Also, you have a time limit before the rocket leaves. Say, 3 minutes? 2? But then, you run into Brak Eggman and you go on to Act 3. Then you have to fight him, with an even less time limit. If you don't make it, you have to start over.

^That seems incredibly inconvenient. I don't want to be rushing against time just to beat a level, and boss fights like Brak Egman with a time limit? That's no good.

A visible time limit for levels that actually have a time limit you have to complete the level under.
If there isn't one, dying out of nowhere would be a total surprise, and using scripted messages is kinda lame.

Code:
[23:05] <Kaysakado> inuyasha
[23:05] <Kaysakado> red crawlas in gfz
[23:05] <Kaysakado> make new enemies for thz
[23:05] <Kaysakado> i dare you

The "Emerald-Usage" suggestion I mentioned earlier, here's a few suggestions ( a few joke suggestions too :x)
  1. <DarkShadic>: How would you guys feel about SRB2 having emeralds that'd give you a certain power-up for a certain amount of time in Match/CTF? :x
    <Senku_Niola>: It would be interesting to sacrifice an enemalrd though
    <DarkShadic>: Instead of carrying around nervously al the time.
    <Senku_Niola>: Rather than collect 7 emeralds, you can use a single emerad and get say brief water run
    <Senku_Niola>: Aka blue
    <DarkShadic>: Senku_Niola once said that the green emerald should turn Sonic into a Hulk Hedgie.
    <KOTE>: Green = CHAOS CONTROL
    <Blade>: Red = CHAOS BLAST
    <DarkShadic>: Blue: KOTE's ability.
    <DarkShadic>: Thok shield for Sonic
    <KOTE>: Relfect?
    <Blade>: Wait
    <DarkShadic>: Yup. :3
    <KOTE>: Cyan = run on water
    <Blade>: Characters can have Chaos moves to replace going super
    <KOTE>: yellow = double jump
    <KOTE>: no wait
    <KOTE>: white
    <Senku_Niola>: grey
    <Senku_Niola>: :x
    <Senku_Niola>: White is a non existant emerald
    <KOTE>: yellow = Eletric Dash
    <KOTE>: aka brings rings to you as you dash forawds
    <Blade>: Some ideas : Chaos Control, freezes all players for an amount of time, and player gains speed shoes for an amount of time
    <DarkShadic>: Scratch that, LIGHT dash.
    <Senku_Niola>: Light dash lawl
    <Blade>: 1 Second = 5 rings
    <DarkShadic>: :P
    <KOTE>: Purple = bouncy ball
    <KOTE>: aka
    <Senku_Niola>: bouncy character
    <Senku_Niola>: :x
    <KOTE>: you get shot at the walls at high speeds
    <KOTE>: and then bounce everywhere
    <DarkShadic>: Sonic Color's idea. :P
    <Blade>: Chaos Blast = Player can unleash a nuke shield like blast, but not quite as much range
    <KOTE>: mew
  2. <Blade>: Drains 20 rings a pop
  3. <Blade>: It needs to be done :(

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back